4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

It's not perfect but is one of the better curl defining products I have used. The trick is to figure out how much to use to get a good result without overdoing it. This comes down to trial and error, and the first few tries were not good for me as I overdid it and ended up with crunchy hair. I also figured out that it helps to dilute the product with some water in the palm of my hand before working it into my hair. That seems to help distribute the product better. The fragrance is softly-sweet, and I've received compliments on how good my hair smells. It's kind of expensive, but a little goes a long way.

About reviewer (393 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

8 years ago

I have quite fine, curly hair which is very prone to poodle like frizz. In the past I have tried every brand under the sun. Serums, oils, cremes you name it; in the search for the one I definantly kept my options open. Not to mention I have probably spent enough to just buy a decent wig and not worry about bad hair days! However when my hair behaves like with the "Curls Rock Amplifier" it is fabulous. I have been using the product for about 3 months now and recieved many compliments. Its a bit on the pricey side for me but the way I see it is that I have spent so much on cheap products that don't work I may as well spend a little more on something that works. I simply put a 10p sized splodge on my hand and run it through wet hair using my fingers. I let it dry naturally or blowdry for pretty, crunch free curls.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

8 years ago

HG curl cream for me. I can't stop recommending this to all my fellow curly hair friends. I've tried so many gels, mousse, curl creams and this is the best one by far. I've used this product for about 6 years exclusively now. I like to mix it with Sebasitan Potion 9 to decrease the "crunchy" look and add more moisture and hold to my curls. Once I mix the 2 products, I distribute by combing it through with my fingers and then scrunching the ends.

About reviewer (109 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

8 years ago

Wonderful curl cream that defines and separates my 3a/b curls. It smells delicious, and a little goes a long way. I wash my hair every other day, and the days I don't wash it, I wet and condition. I then blot it very slightly and apply 2-3 pumps. On the non-wash days I can get away with a little less because it doesn't rinse out completely without a washing. When my hair is dry, I have no crunchiness or frizziness. I do think it is expensive, but I bought it at JCPenney salon for $13.00, and it should last a long time because I use such a small amount. It's worth it for me.

About reviewer (203 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

8 years ago

Ok I absolutely love love loved this! I'm recently (less than a year) natural black girl with tight curls and Ive been looking since I went natural for a product to define my curls without making them crunchy, greasy or dry/frizzy and this is it! Its a bit pricey but a little goes a long way. I usually apply a little all natural coconut oil first after my shower because its good for your hair then Ill apply Tigi while my hair is wet and let it air dry and the results are truly amazing. I FINALLY found a product that I love and will continue to use.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

8 years ago

I usually use this with a defrizzer, I'm not sure how much that affects it, but I love it! When you first put it in, it's really sticky, but it gets better once it dries. The best part about this product is that it doesn't make your hair feel crunchy, but it still gives you great curls!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

2.0

8 years ago

I really wanted to like this curl cream but it didn't work for me. My hairdresser recommended this but she might have meant the old version in the weird blue bottle, I think the formulas are different. This smells great and the packaging is nice, but it weighed down my hair. I have fine textured hair that's present in large quantities and it just made my hair go limp. It didn't "amplify" my curls but it did keep frizz away somewhat, and it made my hair soft.. I know it's not supposed to be volumizing but I didn't expect 1.5 pumps to weigh my hair down so much. I even diluted it with water like some other reviews suggested. I returned this yesterday. Maybe if your hair is thicker and not prone to getting weighed down, this would work for you.

About reviewer (184 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

9 years ago

i rated this a five because by far it is the best wave holding creme ive tried, and i have tried many. I have 2B hair, its thick and wavy and is very prone to frizz and boofyness - i have way too much volume. This stuff helps out with the frizz and definetely puts moisture back into my hair. Its abit of a thicker creme, i expected it to be abit more creamy, like a goofy cream, but as you warm it up in your hands it goes abit more runny (not too much though. it does a great job of separating my waves, and my fly aways are smoothed down. i feel that my hair is softer to touch too. the smell is great - it smells like a conditioner but for those who do not like strong smells, this may not be for you. I bought it for around $17 AUD because i work at a hair shop, but i know that its abit pricey for people who are used to priceline/drugstore prices. The packaging comes in a pump where you press the button down and product comes out of a hole, this is great because i know that i will be able to use up all of the product. its a sturdy bottle too with a lid. I love this stuff, i would recommend it to people who have very long, wavy hair that is prone to frizz.

About reviewer (224 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

3.0

9 years ago

I am slightly disappointed with this. I have used for many years the previous version, the Curls Rock in the funny blue pump tube and although the first times I had troubles trying to spread it in my hair because it was so thick and sticky, once I found out how to use it (dilute a small amount with lots of water and then applying it on my wet or dry hair) the results were amazing. It really amplified my waves in beautiful curls, kinds of spirals that looked very natural and sophisticated even the next day with few touch ups. This new version is different. Same scent and almost same consistency although this is less sticky. But I think it is loaded with more silicones as it makes my hair really smooth, to smooth for curling, and the amplifying affect is gone. All I can obtain are enhanced waves, actually my waves, and good de-frizz, but no curls, let alone the cute spirals. Also it has not longer the volumizing effect of the previous version but tends to flat down my hair. And what I dislike most is that it gives a sort of “wet look”, even after my hair is dry and “de-scrunched”. Nothing to wear for business or for elegant occasions. It is like using a conventional hair gel: if you have wavy/frizzy hair it can look nice if you wish that tousled, wet “beach look” and if you have really curly hair you can have good definition and smoothing, but it is useless if you want to bring the curls out of your waves and make them look natural. Nevertheless I keep using it when I want the beach look but at the end I almost prefer the much cheaper Tousle my Softly mousse from Herbal Essence as I can obtain more volume and more natural curling with it. Very sad that TIGI changed the formula. UPDATE: I'm using it as smoothing creme after shampooing and conditioning and I have to say that for this purpose it is awesome. Silky sleek hair how I couldn't achieve from any other smoothing serum. Weird!

About reviewer (147 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

EyesHazel

9 years ago

I have only used it once so far but I'm already liking it (not loving it yet though). The product definitely brings out my natural curls, but when placed to damp hair and air dryed, the curls were kinda stiff. (This ofc might just be result of the fact that I slept with damp hair..) But after I combed my hair with wide-toothed comb and placed a bit more the product I had very nice, loose beach-like curls. So in my case (at least this time) the result was more surf-spray-like than glamorous curls, but that might change and further more I have no complaints about the surflook either!

About reviewer (58 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool