MISSHA M Signature Real Complete B.B. Cream SPF 25 PA++

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

After trying half a dozen Asian BB creams, Missha M Signature Real Complete BB cream is definitely my favorite, with skin79 orange coming a close second. Both provide high SPF, medium to full coverage, and good wear times. Missha M is slightly lighter weight and seems to provide slightly more oil control than the skin79 orange. I wear both of them over my HG primer, Revlon Photo Ready in 001. Without primer, my skin needs blotting and powdering every two or three hours and every foundation I've ever tried breaks down after about five hours. Missha M Signature lasts a good eight hours on me with just a couple of touch-ups with a beauty blotter, and a light dusting of mineral powder. It feels very light on the skin, blends easily, and covers almost every imperfection, including the broken capillaries around my nose and the dark hollows under my eyes. Truly remarkable!

I'm NW20 in MAC and am using the shade #21. I know I'm luckier than most because most BB creams seam to be geared towards my skin tone.

I have a drawer full of drug and department store foundations that are just sitting there, including MUFE, MAC, Bourjois, EL, Clinique, Dior, etc., and no desire to use any of them now. I bought all of my BB creams from Amazon.com; all were priced under $25, including shipping. Besides the two mentioned, I've also tried Dr. Jart+ Silver, Holika, Holika, skin79 gold, and Hanskin. For my aging, combination, slightly acne-scared skin, BB creams and are one of the best makeup discoveries of this century. If they contain ingredients that are also helping my skin, that's great, but it's the texture, colour, coverage, and high SPFs that have impressed me the most. For my money, they make most "Western" foundations obsolete.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this BB cream, however, I see virtually no difference between this & the Missha M Perfect Cover BB cream. I applied the signature bb cream to one half of my face, and the perfect cover bb cream on the other half. They were identical in terms of coverage, colour & finish. For reference I am an NC30 with slight yellow undertones, normal/sensitive skin. This BB cream is designed to give "perfect" coverage, reduce signs of aging and sunspots, condition and soothe skin. It also claims to not have any grey undertone like most BB creams do and last for a long time without losing its brightening effect.

I have this in #21 Pink Beige. There are two other shades available which are #13 Light Milk Beige and #23 Yellow Beige. I should have got 23, but I only got this BB cream as a sample so did not get to choose my own colour. Anyway, #21 is a very light toned beige colour, the exact same colour as the Missha Perfect Cover BB cream in #21. I don't notice much of a pink tone tbh...it just looks beige. It's a decent match for my skintone, slightly lighter, but not so much that I look like a geisha.

The BB cream is rather thick in consistancy, which I'm guessing is why it gives good coverage. It covers any redness and small blemishes really well whilst evening out the skintone. Despite the consistancy, it spreads and blends pretty easily onto the skin. It gives a semi-matte finish.

A word of advice: don't apply too much or else it will look very obvious that you are wearing makeup. It looks cakey if you put too much or more than 1 layer on. This BB cream has an SPF of 25 which isn't that good, so apply your regular SPF under the BB cream.

This BB cream is fragranced just like the Perfect Cover BB cream (smells like herbs, flowers and baby powder to my nose), which may irritate some sensitive skins. I do really like the smell, I just don't see why they feel the need to fragrance it! I think the oil control properties of this BB cream are very good - I do not find my face to get greasy or oily throughout the day, even in warm environments. Lasting power is amazing - I can apply at 6AM and it will still be there at 10PM. Very long wearing.

Overall this is a good BB cream if you're looking for good coverage. It's exactly the same as the Perfect Cover BB cream imo though....so I don't really see the need to purchase this when I have the exact same thing already. The only thing that intrigues me and makes me want to buy a full size bottle of this is the colour range - I'm wondering if #23 really is a yellow toned beige, unlike #23 of the Missha Perfect Cover BB cream.

Oh, and I don't like that this BB cream claims to be 'chemical-free'. It does contain quite a few. =/ Here's the (ridiculously long) ingredients list:

This is my new favorite makeup!

PROS:
-- Natural finish
-- Good longevity, stays on oily skin without sliding or separating
-- Contains natural physical sunblock (no stinging chemical sunscreen, woo!)
-- Like most BB creams, shades adjust to your skin as long as you get the one that's right for your undertone, so no exact color match is needed
-- Quicker to apply than primer + liquid foundation + powder

CONS:
-- Can be pricey if you can't find it on sale
-- I think you can only find it online in the U.S.
-- Still requires concealer/powder if you're prone to blemishes

This is the second BB cream I've tried, and I'm a huge fan. I have very fair skin with cool-to-neutral undertones that can be hard to match (NW15 is pretty close--most makeup for fair skin tends to be too pink for me), and No. 13 Milky Beige is a great match for me. It does tend to look a little dull when first applied, but after giving it a few minutes to blend into my skin, it looks very natural and evens out my skin tone wonderfully. It has a slight floral fragrance that I only notice sometimes when first applying, but it doesn't linger. I tend to have a couple of blemishes, so I add concealer and a dusting of powder on top. It's also a nice base for mineral foundation. Even in my oily t-zone, this makeup stays on all day and does not separate. I'm not sure it does much to control the oil, but it doesn't exacerbate the problem, either.

If you're picky about the ingredients you put on your face on a daily basis, this may be the best BB cream on the market right now. The only other two I know of that are paraben-free are by Clinique and Smashbox, and both of those have chemical sunscreens. While the list of ingredients is rather intimidating in length, checking them out on CosDNA or EWG's Skin Deep database doesn't turn up as many worrisome chemicals as most other BB creams -- I could do without the fragrance and the aluminium compounds, but there are no parabens, chemical sunscreens, questionable preservatives, etc. A lot of the ingredients are natural extracts with some supposed benefits for your skin -- I can't say whether they do something or not, but I don't think they hurt. There's not much to worry about in terms of comedogenic ingredients, either. There are some minor comedogens, but they're so far down in the list that they're unlikely to cause problems. I also really appreciate that they use natural barrier sunscreens--zinc oxide and titanium dioxide--in this BB cream (although these are the types that can cause that ghost-face look in photos, depending on the proportion they're used in).

The packaging of this product also is nice -- I especially like the pump top with a cap for transport. The tube itself looks like plastic enclosed in a thick plastic shell embossed with flower designs -- kind of girly but also kind of high-end looking for a plastic tube. I haven't reached the end of my first tube yet, so I can't speak to how well it spits out the last bit of product.

The main drawback to this product so far is the price and having to order it online. The Missha website lists the retail price of this BB cream at $46 -- luckily it's usually 30% or 40% off, so you shouldn't pay more than $32 or so. Note that they don't accept returns on used makeup, so if the color doesn't work out for you, you're stuck with it. You'll also have to pay for shipping unless you purchase two tubes at a time. However, this isn't terrible considering my other go-to liquid foundation costs more than $40 a bottle and also really needs a primer to go under it.

So, if you're going to try a BB cream, I highly recommend this one. It's not perfect, but it's close enough -- I'll be ordering another tube as soon as warm weather returns and I start spending more time outside.

I have both Perfect Cover and M Signature Real. I used up both whole tubes and comment as follows:

Consistency: Perfect Cover has thinker consistency than M Signature. Perfect Cover has mineral oil but not M Signature. Both are blendable with sponge and fingers.

Coverage: Same, med to full coverage

Effect: Perfent Cover has a relatively dull appearance VS M signature looks dewy and make my skin looks like picture perfect with soft glow.

SPF: Perfect Cover has higher SPF VS M Signature only has SPF 25.

Smell: dislike product with smell therefore I am not fan of Perfect Cover.

Packaging: Perfect Cover has a soft tube with a pump. I cannot pump the rest out but still find a lot left in the tube.

Result: Perfect Cover breaks me out because of the mineral oil vs M Signature doesn't break me out and make me look flawless for the entire day with one or two touch up the most.

Since M Signature has SPF 25, it cut down my layer of sunblock. I first use SKII Skin Signature, then Smashbox anti-shine and Clinique pores primer in light. Then M Signature and my HG CDP concealer in Ivory and HG setting powder Rimmel Stay Matt in Stonestorm. My makeup last at least till lunch time or longer.

When I bought the product, the SA told me both are similar n Perfect Cover is less moisturize but indeed M Signature has no mineral oil and feels lighter. I am glad I follow my own judgement.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my most recent of many bb cream purchases and/or trials, including MISSHA Perfect Cover, Skin Food mushroom, Dr. Jart's black label, Urban Decay, and Lioele. My previous favorite was the Skin Food, because the biggest thing I'm looking for in a bb cream/foundation is the feel of it on my skin - I absolutely HATE the powdery, made-up feeling you get when wearing heavy foundations and powders.

At first, I felt that this bb cream was in fact too powdery feeling for me. The texture was also too matte; I prefer a little dewiness because it looks much more natural. When I began applying a single drop of argan oil all over my face before makeup, though, this bb cream went on much more smoothly, filled in my pores, AND didn't feel like makeup! That's why I prefer it to the Skin Food mushroom bb cream now - everything about it is better than the SF other than the feel, and that's solved with argan oil.

So taking the argan oil into account, let me break down the major components of what I'm looking for in a bb cream:

1) Coverage: 4/5 - pretty good coverage as far as bb creams go. I don't need much coverage, so I'm not sure how well it covers severe acne or darker blemishes, but it completely covers veins, uneven skin tone, and minor blemishes like faint acne scars. It does not fully cover undereye circles or large pores around the nose, but it does decently enough for me to skip concealer if I'm lazy.

2) Finish: 5/5 with the argan oil underneath. Looks fresh and slightly dewy, like I just washed my face. Literally impossible to tell I'm wearing makeup or not - it's the very definition of "my skin but better." Without the argan oil, I'd only give it a 3.5/5, because I don't like satin/matte finishes, but if you do, then this bb cream is for you!

3) Feel: 5/5 - as mentioned above, I can't feel the makeup on my face with this (again, with argan oil underneath). If I touch my face, it feels just like my own skin.

4) Price: 3.5/5 - I feel like 4 lippies is a little high because the retail price of it is $46, but MISSHA does sales frequently so I got mine for $23, which is reasonable. Avoid buying on ebay/amazon unless you do some research and can confidently conclude the seller is reputable, because MISSHA is a very popular brand in Asia and fakes of these bb creams are sold outside of the official site.

5) Packaging: 5/5 - it's gorgeous, has the very delicate, elegant embossed floral pattern of MISSHA real signature on what looks like gradient pink aluminum underneath thicker plastic casing. Very sturdy, the pump is hygienic and doesn't dispense too much or too little product for me. It looks like a tube, but it's actually hard, and can't be compressed, which is my only complaint because it's hard to tell how much product you have left. Otherwise, it's great! You can also remove the pump from the container to refill it with something else or whatever.

It claims to have 45g of product in the container. I've only been using this for about two weeks, so I'm not sure how long it will last, but my Skin Food was 50g and still has at least a month's worth of bb cream leftover in the tube after daily usage since January (about nine months now).

6) Color: 4/5 - I'm an NC20 in summer, 15 in winter, and I'm using the shade #21, which is just a tiny bit too light for me, but 23 is too dark. It oxidizes though, so 21 after about five minutes is a perfect match, and it doesn't change colors beyond the first couple minutes on your face.

There's just one thing I don't really like about it: the SPF in it is physical sunscreen (titanium dioxde), which means your face will look white in flash photos. This effect gradually reduces during the day so by evening, when you're most likely to use flash, it's not so pronounced, but I'd still rather it not have that effect at all. But this isn't a big enough problem for me to dock a lippie.

Overall: 5/5! Unless I find something that blows me away even more, I'll be repurchasing and sticking to this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

For reference: very sensitive, dry, fragile Rosacean skin. Neutral NW/NC10.
So I've been doing lots of research on BB Creams lately and I ordered a few samples to try. First let me say BB Cream is no miracle product. Basically it's just a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen. It will never replace your ordinary sunscreen because the little amount of BB Cream needed (pea-size for the whole face & neck) won't give you sufficient protection.
Most BB Creams have a greyish tone to it but they oxidize to adjust to your particular skin tone. In general they are suited for fair-medium toned skin but there are some suitable for pale skins.
I tried Holika Holika Peach Girl BB Cream in shade #1. Nice, moisturizing BB Cream. Lovely peachy pink cream blush in the cap. Decent shade match; maybe a tad too dark. Unfortunately this one broke me out.
Next I tried Skin79 VIP Gold BB Cream. This shade is way too dark for my skin. Otherwise nice BB Cream for slightly dry-normal skin.
Then I tried Missha M Signature Real Complete BB Cream in shade #21. I loved the silky texture and coverage, didn't irritate my skin and was moisturizing but this shade was too dark. So I ordered the lightest shade, #13 and this was perfect.
I have been wearing this BB Cream for quite some time now and I'm very pleased. It offers more coverage than your average tinted moisturizer, gives a dewey finish and is easy to apply. After using my regular moisturizer I apply a few dots allover my face and blend with a damp sponge. A little dusting of powder and I'm good to go.
No complaints about the price either: I ordered mine off eBay from a reliable seller for only 11 Euro (tube 20ml). Most of my foundations are way more expensive.
If you have very fair skin, I highly recommend checking out this BB Cream (or the Missha Perfect Cover) in shade #13.
UPDATE 4/1/2013: Still love this BB Cream; so much I actually repurchased a tube and I never finished up a foundation/TM/BB Cream before!

This my holy grail BB cream for sure and I have tried several (missha perfect cover, missha cho bo yang, BRTC gold caviar, Skin 79 hot pink & gold, Holika Holika, Liole, Skin Food & Garnier). I have combo skin (more dry in winter, oily in summer) & I use it with the missha blending primer in winter & a mattifying primer in summer. I'm on my second tube of this in #23 (NW 20-25) & I have a backup waiting. It has nice medium coverage and feels light and nourishing on my skin. It's far from matte, but not super dewy after it sets. I set it with a mineral powder to improve staying power. I get through a workday without patchiness, maybe a blot paper or powder mid-day on the T-zone. I recommend waiting for one of missha's multi-annual sales to purchase this for up to 40% off. Big fan of their snail line, cleansing, oil, eyeliner, and brow cake as well. VIP customer here:)

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I didn't expect to even like this product, but I love it with all my heart. First a little introduction about my skin and routines. I am 61. I have all the wrinkles and sags that come with the age, but my pigmentation is good enough (slight discoloration at the outer corners of the eyes and around the mouth). I also have enlarged pores on my nose, this is genetic, I work with it but cannot change what mother nature has given me at birth. So my makeup routine always was just a layer of good loose face powder and when it comes to face powders I could probably write a phd dissertation, tried them all, loved many (lol, I sound like a fallen woman!). I like trying out new things nevertheless, and when the BB CC rage started, I bought some, (mostly AUS or US products), tried each once or twice, All just sat on the top of my skin, exaggerating the pores and wrinkles, caking up after few hours. Horrible, I thought, let me stick with true and tried. But then I thought I'd try it at the source, the 'real thing', so bought this product. I brought it home, smeared some on my inner wrist, it looked horrible. And then... 10 minutes later it was gone. Just like that. So I put it on my face (I've just used fingers) and waited. Few minutes later, I looked in my very magnifying mirror. Yep, the pores on my nose were showing, like big, deep craters. I patted the cream gently into them (not a new layer, but distributing what was already there). The cream was warm from the skin by that time and went in, making the pores almost invisible. But still, I was not convinced. So one hot and sunny Sunday, I put it on my face in the morning, and went about to do my cleaning, laundry etc. I got hot, I got sweaty. Every few hours I was running to the mirror. Half way through the morning my face got slightly shiny. I brushed gently with Ben Nye Rose Petal - this is a very very fine and sheer powder. It was enough. I must say, it lasted all day. I dabbed my face with a tissue few times, so probably took off some, but in the evening my face looked decent, no caking, no gathering in the fine lines, this is a very different product from these other BB or CC creams I've tried before.
It has to come off with the oil method, though. I don't think anything else would remove it properly.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I had to try this after seeing it discussed on MUA and the net. This one seemed to be designed to ble more emollient, once I got onto the buying sites, and I got it from Korea for a relative bargain for the good quality. Like most Australians of Anglo background I am sun damaged and dedicated to preventing,even reversing, it. My first thoughts were that it reminded me of the Clinique city block! There are a good proportion of physical blockers which givethewhitish effect but then coalesce into skin tone. It is moisturizing and effective, although not particularly weatherproof. Like most effective sunblocks it feels somewhat occlusive, and forms a great primer for powder.

I took a chance on this and felt like I was tempting fate because another Missha product broke me out like crazy many years ago. Also, I ordered online during the Missha sale so the shade was a crapshoot. I ordered Shade 23, Natural Yellow Beige. (Sidenote, my total including shipping was about $23 from the Missha site. Decent.)

Here's my first day's experience:

INITIAL THOUGHTS UPON APPLYING
The packaging is gorgeous - a large, attractive tube with an attached pump. The shade is absolutely perfect. So, so perfect; it was like using an actual eraser to negate my flaws. Not only that, but I can tell it will work for both my summer and winter tones. The coverage is similarly incredible. I used my fingers to apply, and it was creamy and smooth with the perfect amount of slip. It covered almost everything without using too much product (about 1.5 pumps), it didn't look cakey at ALL, and it did that magic that Korean BBs do, blurring and distributing a glow akin to lovely-yet-subtle pixie dust. I added a light dusting of my normal powder, bronzer/blush/highlight and I was more pleased with my appearance than I've been in a LONG WHILE. I practically skipped to work, lol. (Oh, also - I tried this without any primer or setting spray, just to see how well it works without any help.)

MIDMORNING CHECK
Has not oxidized on me at all. I am dewy-ish, but it looks great, not oily. I haven't blotted or re-powdered.

AFTER LUNCH
Ditto.

MID AFTERNOON
Ditto, but a teeny bit of the cream did gather into my minor smile lines. That's not an issue, since it was probably my powder, and it is very difficult for me to escape in general. My color products have faded a lot but the BB is still fully intact and looking great.

END OF WORK DAY
Same as mid-afternoon. For full disclosure, I work at a desk in air conditioning, so this wasn't really a strenuous test, but it still performed in the 99th percentile for me. I had after-work plans so I freshened up a bit with blotting and a little powder. If I didn't have plans, I wouldn't have - everything still looked really good.

AFTER WORK
Drove for a half hour, windows down with the heat. Had dinner with friends then walked a bit (in the heat) before attending an event. When I got home, my makeup looked decent still but I had a dry patch under my lip (whenever something irritates/dries my skin literally this is the only part of my face to react, it's so weird) and about 3 new pimples. Hmmm.

END OF DAY, PERIOD
I didn't find it too difficult to remove, but I double cleanse. My skin was a mess, BUT I have a dairy sensitivity and had a f-ton of Mexican, cheese + sour cream and all, plus like 3 lattes today, so that could be the culprit. The breakouts are only on the right side of my face, and in the hormonal locations: jawline, temple. It's total horsehit lol but I kind of don't think it's this product that's breaking me out. Will keep testing on that front and update accordingly.

FINAL VERDICT
Ok, so I've been wearing this for a full week and it's definitely not what is breaking me out (that would be dairy and a monster of a pms week...tbh, I kinda wish it was the BB haha). It seems that everything has been breaking me out lately, so I'm super glad to have found something that performs AND doesn't mess up my skin. Primer doesn't do much to extend wear, but setting spray does.

This is my new baby. It's amazing.