4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

16 years ago

This thin pencil does everything it's supposed to do (impressive, I know). I was initially suspicious and then read some of the reviews...finally decided to buy it ($14 CAD, not bad at all) and now I am AMAZED. This is the perfect product for me--I have naturally full lips (but alas, with small eyes so I can't pull off an Angelina), with a light, undefined upper lip and a dark, pouty bottom lip. I use this to draw just outside my upper lip, blend with my fingers, and it perfectly defines the shape of my upper lip, looking as natural as it's always been that way. I think this works better than a concealer stick for the lip area, as I've found stick concealers too creamy doesn't last for lip defining. Then I use this to line just the bottom of my bottom lip--right on the lip line--and draw a fine line, evening it out. Blend again, and my lips are balanced and well-proportioned. This looks amazing with a light l/g. <p> I can also line and fill in my lips, making it a blank canvas for a gloss (makes the gloss color show up truer and brighter). This can be used to change your lip's shape dramatically, and would be indispensable if you were to do a silver screen siren look (bright red cupid's bow lips). Also, just as it claims to do, it works perfectly on the inside corner of my eyes--it's just as creamy and easy to blend as BeneFit's EyeBright (I am SO getting a second one of this to replace my EyeBright). <p> That said, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone whose skintone isn't in the same range as the liner--it's really a shame they don't make this in one or two more colors--it'll be useless if you have anything darker than a light/medium skintone. Some reviewers have mentioned it looks white and unnatural, so I'd recommend trying it out first, but I've had no trouble with blending with my fingertips in mere seconds. Of course I moisturize well before applying this or any other makeup. This is a must-have in my makeup bag...what a great buy!

About reviewer (117 reviews)

SkinDry

HairBlack

16 years ago

I changed my mind about this lipliner. Gloss doesn't usually bleed on me, but one I got recently bleeds really badly, so I bought this at Sephora. It's actually good. The gloss hasn't had a chance to bleed, even a little bit. And as long as you blend it well, you won't be able to tell you're wearing it. It's not as hard to blend when you put on a thin layer of it. That's really all you need anyway, and it works wonders. I was going to hold out for a DuWop, but this was cheaper (and actually there), and my need was immediate. I'm glad I bought this. It's actually good stuff, you just have to blend a lot. I am not sure when I'll ever run out, but when I do, I'll get another one. Unless a low-end cosmetics co. comes out with one by that time, in which case, I'll probably buy that first. ;)

About reviewer (315 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair

HairBrunette

1.0

16 years ago

I have pale skin, and this product did not work for me at all.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

2.0

16 years ago

This lipliner is simply too light to be effective for me. It looks like I applied a ring of too-light concealer around my lips. Perhaps if you are fair and cool/neutral toned it might work. I can't even use it to highlight the bow of my lips because it's that light. I *do* sometimes use it to brighten up the outer corners of my eyes. It's a nice idea, but it falls short on my light to medium neutral to warm toned skin. I will not repurchase.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Other

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

16 years ago

This is basically a very flesh colored lipliner. I have to admit that only fair skinned gals can pull this off. Personally, I use it on the inner corners of my eyes to brighten. I can't see how this would work for any lipgloss/lipstick that isn't in the nude family. Definately try this out before purchasing.

About reviewer (964 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

16 years ago

This wasn't at all peachy on me, but a very light pink. You need to line with a light hand and blend to avoid that chalky line. And I agree with another review that said it neutralizes your lip line, which I think is great! I used it with a runny roll-on gloss and it stayed in place. The combo of a light outline and glossy shine helps make lips look fuller, too!

About reviewer (166 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

2.0
from

16 years ago

This pencil isn't suitable for all skintones. I'm an NW20 and this was way too peach on my skin. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get it to blend into my skin. <p> If I want a natural look, I just use a concealer pencil that matches my skintone around my lips. It looks much better on me.

About reviewer (405 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesOther

from

17 years ago

I really like this! I guess I purchased it with the intent of using it like a clear lipliner to keep gloss from bleeding/feathering, and I believe that is what it's supposed to be for. Once I used it though, I realized it is actually great for neutralizing your lipline (say if you wanted to draw liner slightly inside or outside the actual line, or change the shape slightly) or even for neutralizing the color of your lips. It really just kind of made my lipline disappear! It sounds strange and I wasn't sure how it would look, but I added a nude lipstick (Mark in "nekkid") and a shimmery gloss, and having the less defined lipline REALLY accentuated the nude mouth, so much so that I got unsolicited compliments on how great it looked! So, not only do I recommend the reverse lipliner, but I also recommend playing with it and finding additional and alternate uses. Neat product!

About reviewer (212 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

17 years ago

This is a great product. My lipline began to disappear when I was in my teens, and this actually gives it back to me. Don't expect to draw a line and have it be perfect - you will need to blend a bit. I'm a very PPP, and I smudge it just a bit before putting on lipstick or gloss. I would recommend this to anyone who needs some lip definition.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

17 years ago

ingenious product. just the right shade to highlight lips on my FFF/MMM skin. this is great if you plan on wearing a subtle shade that might otherwise disappear on your face. it is a white/beige/pinkish liner pencil that draws attention to the lips. i can now wear the pale lipcolors i could never touch before! i would also recommend that you buy one to line your eyes also. it has the same brightening/highlighting effect on the eyes. it is great for dotting on the lower lashline or highlighting the inner corner of your eye.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age36-43