St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
St. Ives Green Tea Scrub
Green Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea Scrub

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

This is the most superior product I think st ives makes. It actually exfoliates the skin without causing damage to the epidermis. I was weary to try this because of the incredible long term damage their apricot scrub can create. This product is always in my shower. I use this every time I shower and my skin is always flake free and never tight or dry. I use this solely in the shower, like many others have described, because it is incredibly difficult to remove all the fine exfoliant particles. Excellent. The salicylic acid is a waste because its only 1% and anyone whose educated knows that a cleanser doesn't stay in the skin long enough to do what they are intended to do. Other than that, it's great.

on 8/29/2017 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This scrub is great - it's cheap, smells good, isn't too harsh, and most of all, it works. While it has 1% salicylic acid, it isn't that powerful, so it won't completely purge your blackheads, ccs etc. like other BHA exfoliants will, but it definitely helps. I use this three times a week at night after washing my face and moisturize afterward and it definitely helps keep my acne problems in check. It leaves skin soft, smooth, and feeling very clean without annoying after-effects of irritation or redness. Definitely worth adding to your skincare routine for a gentle exfoliant that makes your skin feel fantastic!

on 3/17/2017 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a terrific scrub. I like the mild scent, the scrubbiness which, weirdly, I'll describe as smooth. It's not too hard or grainy or thick. Doesn't bother my sensitive skin. Great price

Purchased at: Target
Purchase Price: $3.00 on sale, plus tax

I have used the St. Ives Apricot Scrub but found it to be too harsh on the skin. I also tried the Oatmeal scrub and mask and found it to be a little too mild. Third time was a charm and the Green Tea scrub worked out just right. It is listed as a "moderate" scrub and I agree. It provides a nice scrub without feeling like I'm tearing at or damaging my skin. It definitely removes the dead skin cells and leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft. I use this when I take my showers since I find scrubs - in general - to be messy to try to rinse off at my sink. I gently run my fingers over my face as I rinse this. There have been occasions when I thought I had it all rinse off to find some hanging on around the curve of the nostril, so now I pay extra attention to those small areas (haven't had that issue before with the apricot scrub). I really enjoy the scent of this scrub and find it soothing when I use it. The tube claims that the product calms redness and I do have a lot of redness across my entire face (Rosacea runs in the family). It took several weeks of using this before I started to really notice a difference in the redness of my skin. I follow up the scrub with the Nivea Soft Cream moisturizer and gently pat it into my skin. My skin has undergone a transition since I've been using this: from very oily to dry (age related). And this scrub has worked for my skin under both extremes. Now I use it less frequently but it is still my HG drugstore scrub.

on 6/30/2016 1:16:00 PM

Okay... so, I have just repurchased this product. The last time I had it was about four to five months ago. Since then, I've tried the Biore Pore Unclogging scrub and a few other unmentionable ones. No scrub out there works as well for me as this one does. After so long without this green tea scrub, I washed my face with it last night, and already in the morning my skin looks so much better. Now I will not stray again.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

If you're using the apricot scrub I recommend you switch over to this. This is much less harsh on your skin and does an even better job. The pits in the apricot scrub can cause micro tears and can irritate skin. This has small sand like exfoliaters that gently remove dry skin and cleans pores and the green tea soothes redness. This doesn't dry out my skin and I love the smell and I think this helps me in preventing blackheads but not necessarily removing them, it's also not too harsh on my existing acne. My boyfriend actually started using it and he absolutely loves it even more than I do lol. He has great skin (darn boys) but we have both noticed it looks even better now than it did before; it's not as dry and never flakey and he has like zero black heads. This is great to keep in the shower and to use a couple times a week

I'm all about trying new products. I loved this product... at first. I would use it once every 2 or 3 days, and for the most part, it cleared my acne. Once I started to start using the scrub more often (once a day) my skin started breaking out, bad. I'm not sure if it's this scrub or the sea breeze I've been using, but my friends have been using it for a long time and give it glowing reviews. So, in my experience, St.Ives may work in the beginning, but in the long run is not a very good face was.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

St. Ive's does it again with this one. I always liked their scrub and now with green tea its the bomb! Makes my skin feel smooth and renewed. Plus gets rid of nasty pimples!

Really great scrub for adult acne and oily skin. I usually have combination skin, but I stopped taking the birth control pill after years of using and switched to a different form...that made my skin become more oily then I was used to and my acne came back. After hearing such great reviews, I thought I would give it a try. Within two days all my existing acne shrunk up and I didn't get any more pimples (until I skipped a day.)

BUT with that being said, I only gave it 4 stars because of my experience with the exfoliating grains in this product. The exfoliates in this are VERY small grains of sand. I read reviews before buying and saw on here more then one person mentioned it getting in their eyes and causing problems, so I was being EXTRA careful. However, I still managed to get one of the grains into my eyes and it became imbedded into my eyelid and caused me a lot of discomfort. I had to go to the eye doctor to have it removed, and it scratched my cornea. USE WITH EXTRA EXTRA CAUTION! Once in your eye, the particles are so small it is impossible to get out on your own.

Overall, the product does what it is suppose to do and is very good at getting rid of acne. But use with extreme caution because you can damage your eyes with this stuff. Best of luck!

on 1/10/2014 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this on a whim, because using a pre-made scrub is way easier than making your own all the time. This product is great, especially if you have sensitive skin. It does have a nice fragrance, but it never irritated my skin at all. It never did anything for my acne, either. The scrub on its own was almost too gentle -- it never felt like it did anything. I would use it with my Olay Pro X, and got way better results out of it.

That being said, my skin takes better to sugar scrubs, so I probably will not repurchase.