St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

Filtered by hair type : Curly
St. Ives Green Tea Scrub
Green Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea Scrub

4.2

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

on 6/5/2016 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

this is a great product. it has been my staple exfoliator for 3 years now. this one especially is AMAZING for blackheads. i recommend this to everyone. not all the scrubs have the same results though. they're all really great but i found since they all have different specialites some were more comfortable to me than others. this one and the fresh start one are really great.

on 8/28/2015 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought a little travel size one meaning to buy the original apricot scrub. this stuff is so good! I still use the original, but I find this one to be more gentle and great for every day use, it's ideal. I love that it's finely milled, and I love the green tea smell. Definitely pick this up!

on 7/27/2014 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

,I LOVE this.

I bought it on a whim while I was at Kmart because I remember someone mentioning they liked it so I thought why not it's not expensive let's give it a try. I used the apricot scrub on numerous occasions before but it was too harsh on my skin. When I saw the green tea one was an acne scrub, I thought perfect!

I love the way it smells, the way it feels on my skin while using as well as how soft it leaves my skin afterwards. My skin doesn't feel dry or tight, it feels perfect. I didn't think this would cut down on my acne but surprisingly I have seen results as of late. I used to only use it a couple times a week. Last week I had a bad skin week where my skin decided it just didn't like me. So I decided to use this every morning for a whole week anxious to see the results.

It dried out and reduced the size of existing pimples a GREAT deal...it kept new ones from rising...it made my skin less oily throughout the day...my skin just looks better.

Knock on wood.

I hope this product keeps working for me. I went to Target to buy a new one but they didn't have any, only the apricot one. I don't know if they carry it or not but I will end up going to Kmart again to get some more.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Love the smell ! Love the price. Really cheap and affordable. Scrub wise, pretty good at removing whatever makeup I have left after using a makeup removing wipe. Love!! Might repurchase but I'm looking for a little stronger scrub. Worth the buy:)

on 10/18/2013 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is fabulous. Definitely one of the best facial scrubs I've even used from the drugstore. I picked mine up at Target for $4.99. Green tea is great for your skin so even if you aren't acne prone this product will work for you. It smells like Beautiful Day from Bath & Body Works; clean, fresh, and slightly fruity. The exfoliants in this scrub are very fine so they won't irritate by over exfoliating. I'm not too much of a fan of St Ives' apricot scrub but I truly do like this one. I love how soft and clean my face feels afterwards. Definitely found a favorite face scrub!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Disclaimer: I have not used this scrub for long (12 night applications) and I have not encountered any blemishes since I bought it so I can't say how effective this is for acne treatment. However, I am impressed so far. I imagine that at 1% sal.acid it should make a difference on skin which is sal.acid receptive, and paired with a moderately active and healthy eating routine should prevent blemishes very well. I bought this because I needed a new exfoliant, and I chickened out of purchasing one of the intruiging enzyme-exfoliant masks with the hefty price tags I have my eye on. (Maybe next time haha). This caught my eye because it was on sale, and I have yet to find a St Ives product that didnt do what it says. I like the scrubs you can really feel working, and I dont find this to be anywhere near too harsh when you use a gentle hand as the particles are small. This scrub leaves my skin soft and glowing every time, immediately reduced 90% redness and in 2weeks has just about conquered my blackheads. Only con is that the acne treatment properties leave my skin just a little tight-feeling afterwards unlike my last scrub (Clinique 7Day Scrub Cream which I HIGHLY recommend), but nothing uncomfortable. St Ives has done it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I'm so torn on this scrub. I tried the cleaser version and it was one of the worst cleansers I tried but I got suckered in on the scrub because I've been looking for a new scrub and I found this at Target in the travel section for $0.99 rather than a dollar something. I used it in the shower the next night and I liked the smell and the extremely fine scrub-by bead things but those little monsters ended up stuck in and around my eyelashes. After rinsing my face felt super clean and kind of tight. Uh oh. By time I dried off my face felt so dry I put this super thick/intensive night cream on and went to bed and it was fine. I immediately noticed that the blemishes I had were no longer red and I swear my complexion/face looked better. That was about a week ago. Last night I showered and used it again because I have an event to go to today. This time I avoided my eye area (although rinsing off the little monsters ended up in/around my eyelashes although A LOT less) and my face was left literally squeaky clean. Although it wasn't as drying, I felt a slight stinging sensation, especially around my eyes. Again, though, my redness was reduced (although not as significant because last time I actually had blemishes on my face). This morning I woke up with smoother skin, like last time. I don't have sensitive skin, but I'm going to only be able to use this once a week, twice a week max if I want to torture my skin, so the travel size will last a while. After it runs out (it'll be a while, I use a little more than a pea sized amount), though, I don't think it would be wise of me to repurchase. Sad day because it's pretty effective and I can tell with regular (3-5 times a week) use it would get the job done. For reference I have combination-oily skin that is acne prone with mild scarring.

on 8/1/2013 6:21:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I had been using this product for years. I have very red skin on my cheeks and found that this was the best for soothing my skin and reducing redness. However, recently it has been causing me to have weird bumps on my face, not pink pimples, but little flesh colored pumps. I have since switched and the bumps have gone away, but nothing comes close to this products effectiveness at clearing redness. So bummed that I can't use it anymore.

on 7/8/2013 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love it. I've always been a fan of the original apricot scrub, I never found it too harsh, but after trying the green tea version I doubt I'll switch back. The thick texture is very pleasant, I love that it kind of dissolves and becomes foamy the more you massage it in, and the 1% salicylic acid content is the perfect amount for me to prevent breakouts without drying my skin out over time. The smell is nice. I wish the price was not a dollar more than the apricot scrub, but oh well. It's still not a budget-breaker or anything.

on 5/2/2013 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have purchased this product numerous times. We have a tube in every shower in our house. My teenage kids use it as do my husband and I. I love this for its exfoliating properties and gentleness to the skin. While I think it helps somewhat with breakouts, I wouldn't rely on this solely to combat moderate Acne. I think it is best used in conjunction with other acne fighting products. I have used this as a mask on my face for a few minutes and then massage in and rinse. Leaves my skin looking fresh and clean and the salicylic acid helps with cell turnover. This is definitely worth a try for anyone who would like a mild exfoliation and acne help. I dont usually repeat buy products but this one is a must!!!