St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
St. Ives Green Tea Scrub
Green Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea Scrub

3.8

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

on 3/17/2017 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a terrific scrub. I like the mild scent, the scrubbiness which, weirdly, I'll describe as smooth. It's not too hard or grainy or thick. Doesn't bother my sensitive skin. Great price

on 3/17/2017 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm enjoying this product. For a long time I was using another drugstore scrub with 1 percent salicylic acid, but that one was getting harder to find. I came across this one, and was pleased to find it was a couple dollars cheaper than the brand I had long been using, and I liked that it had green tea (how much, I'm not sure, but I like herbal treatments) and promised to calm some redness, which can be an issue for me.

I haven't used it a lot yet, but it feels both nicely scrubby but not too harsh. There's barely any scent to it, and even though the instructions say to limit use if skin feels too dry, I haven't noticed any issues, and my skin tends to be normal to dry. (Mostly dry in winter, and easing into normal for the warmer months.) I tend to apply this anywhere I am feeling a breakout start to erupt, and I let it sit on my face for a couple minutes, then use a bit more on my nose, cheeks and chin, for extra exfoliation. Afterwards my skin feels a bit smoother, and the breakout starts to settle down pretty fast.

I'm really happy with this. It smells alright, feels great, and calms my skin when pimples are imminent. And it's less than $5.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Whenever I get clogged pores or congested skin I use this scrub to reduce the blackheads and calm the cystic acne that usually appears on my cheeks which has only been the case in the last year or two of my life (I'm sure this is hormonal as I approach menopause). I find the scrub is gentle if you use a light touch. The scent is very fresh and my skin feels very clean afterward. It can be a bit on the drying side and this is probably best suited for those with oily skin however, even those of us with dry skin can benefit from this scrub. I just make sure to use a hydrating moisturizer afterward and my skin normalizes. One thing to note, St. Ives scrubs can be difficult to completely rinse off. When I first started using them I would rinse my face, pat dry and when I'd apply moisturizer I could still feel the silica particles on my skin which was not enjoyable so be sure to rinse, rinse again, and then rinse some more. Aside from that one annoying trait, I recommend this (and the other scrubs), they are affordable and as long as you are gentle with your application they are great exfoliators.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to swear by the Apricot Scrub but it caused my skin to be irritated. This is my HG drugstore scrub! The exfoliators are way smaller and is perfect in clearing blackheads and dead skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If you are using on your body it's okay but not on your face. Leave flimsy residue that cause acne. Beware !

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

If you're using the apricot scrub I recommend you switch over to this. This is much less harsh on your skin and does an even better job. The pits in the apricot scrub can cause micro tears and can irritate skin. This has small sand like exfoliaters that gently remove dry skin and cleans pores and the green tea soothes redness. This doesn't dry out my skin and I love the smell and I think this helps me in preventing blackheads but not necessarily removing them, it's also not too harsh on my existing acne. My boyfriend actually started using it and he absolutely loves it even more than I do lol. He has great skin (darn boys) but we have both noticed it looks even better now than it did before; it's not as dry and never flakey and he has like zero black heads. This is great to keep in the shower and to use a couple times a week

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I use a lot of skin care products, especially acne care products that have chemicals in them. I get dead skin all the time and this helps remove the dead skin on my face... It also feels really fresh and I LOVE the smell of it.

This review is for the "Blackhead Clearing Green Tea Scrub": This stuff is amazing - I don't think I will ever use another scrub or cleanser again. I've used the Apricot Scrub for close to 10 years, but I bought this on a recommendation and dare I say it...I actually like this even better! I was having a bad break out on my cheeks from a new blush and using this scrub just ONE time made a HUGE difference. It was completely cleared up in 2-3 days. The smell is great, and it does leave my face feeling super soft and not overly dry. I don't really have an issue with redness, so I can't say anything about that, but over all this product completely surpassed my expectations!
***UPDATE - for whatever reason, I don't like this so much as an everyday wash/scrub. I went back to using the apricot scrub everyday and use this one when I'm having a breakout, and have found that this combination works best for my skin.I took off a couple lippies because it isn't very effective as a daily wash to me.***

I wasn't a big fan of this. I purchased it because it claims to clear blackheads, but I didn't notice a difference after using it on a regular basis. It also smells really weird and unpleasant. I prefer the St. Ives Oatmeal Scrub/Mask.

Pros: Deep exfoliation, didn't dry out my skin.

Cons: Did not clear blackheads, bad smell.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I recently bought this scrub looking for a more 'everyday' version of the apricot scrub for when I don't need a deep-clean. So far I've used this product 3 times and it's made my skin feel smooth and smell gorgeous :)

I use this product in the shower after cleansing and usually use about a 10c piece size dollop. I spread the scrub between my fingertips before massage my face, focusing on my nose and forehead, where I have the most blackheads/redness. This is definitely a very gentle/moderate scrub and does a pretty good job of clearing blackheads, though it doesn't thoroughly deep clean. I was also surprised to see that it really did calm down a lot of my redness, which is usually pretty hard to do for me so that's a plus :)

My only issue with this scrub is that a lot of other reviewers have experienced the same good results as me before it ends up making their skin worse..
I'll keep using this scrub for another week or two and see if the good effects turn bad. If they do, I'll still use the scrub for hands or feet if for nothing else then for the amazing smell!

The packaging is good for this product and so far I'm happy with the price. If the scrub ends up not working for me, I'll update my review :) xx