St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

Filtered by hair type : Straight
St. Ives Green Tea Scrub
Green Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea Scrub

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

on 12/15/2017 1:29:00 AM

this scrub smells like candy to my bf he loves it and wants to use it daily(not a good idea!) lol but to me its like sweet clean smelling tea. its nice and scrubby with microbeads. the beads are super fine like sand or even smaller than that. i was using a lot of lush exfoliants and it irritated my skin horribly. This feels very clean and my face is very smooth after. i suffer from lots of blackheads on my nose where if i use my hand to feel my nose i can feel little bumps and spikes of tiny dots. after using this my nose is smooth and i cannot feel any bumps. its only 3.62 dollars at target and i must say it is worth it id even pay more for something like this. it didn't irritate my skin or my boyfriends ezcema. he suffers from sensitive skin that gets rashy and he is fine using this. Although it says its moderate exfoliant i don't recommend exfoliant every single day. Id use this maybe 2 times a week. i feel that too much scrubbing will be abbrasive for people with sensitive skin. I have oily combo sensitive skin and i break out when i over exfoliate.

edit: i only use this only on my nose twice a week and its been great. But.....when my bf uses this the bead gets into his eye and it made him traumatized enough to not use it again. LOL so be careful not to get the little beads in the eye it gets trapped and goes behind the eyeball. But the next day after he slept it was gone....anyways rinse well and close the eyes shut for this one!

Edit - been having congestion on yhebforehead and overall redness and just ugly bumps. Exfoliated with thjs and jt really worked.

on 9/4/2017 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I prefer this product as compared to the apricot scrub by St. Ives. It is a lot milder and less sharp as compared to the apricot one and is equally exfoliating.

on 8/29/2017 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This scrub is great - it's cheap, smells good, isn't too harsh, and most of all, it works. While it has 1% salicylic acid, it isn't that powerful, so it won't completely purge your blackheads, ccs etc. like other BHA exfoliants will, but it definitely helps. I use this three times a week at night after washing my face and moisturize afterward and it definitely helps keep my acne problems in check. It leaves skin soft, smooth, and feeling very clean without annoying after-effects of irritation or redness. Definitely worth adding to your skincare routine for a gentle exfoliant that makes your skin feel fantastic!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought a tube of this a few years ago when I was in the States. In the UK, we only seem to have the original St Ives Apricot Scrub available, so I was eager to try this to see how it would fare.

I’m pleased to report that I really like it! As others have already said here, this is defined as a ‘moderate’ exfoliator on the St Ives website, as opposed to the apricot one which is defined as ‘deep’. This version has a very fine grain to it, meaning it gently exfoliates my skin without scratching or stripping it, but still leaves it feeling thoroughly cleansed and very soft. And as someone with very sensitive skin, this doesn’t and never has made my skin react or break out either.

However, with the good points come a couple of not so good ones. First off, I only ever use this in the shower as it’s difficult to remove. I have to make sure to rinse my face thoroughly after I’ve used it, as on more than one occasion I’ve got out of the shower only to find some still on my face, especially in my eyebrows and on my eyelashes.

The other minor annoyance is the tube it comes in. It’s fine when the tube is fairly full, but once you get down to the last third it becomes increasingly difficult to squeeze out of the tube without it bending in such a way that nothing (or very little) comes out. This wouldn’t be such a problem with dry hands, but when you’re in the shower it can make for a few awkward moments, usually involving dropping it or causing it to shoot across the room!

Overall though, the good points far outweigh the bad and I would definitely repurchase this. In fact, I just have! I wish St Ives would widen their range in the UK, but until then I’ll have to make do with picking up a few tubes of this whenever I’m in the States.

Purchased at: Target
Purchase Price: $3.00 on sale, plus tax

I have used the St. Ives Apricot Scrub but found it to be too harsh on the skin. I also tried the Oatmeal scrub and mask and found it to be a little too mild. Third time was a charm and the Green Tea scrub worked out just right. It is listed as a "moderate" scrub and I agree. It provides a nice scrub without feeling like I'm tearing at or damaging my skin. It definitely removes the dead skin cells and leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft. I use this when I take my showers since I find scrubs - in general - to be messy to try to rinse off at my sink. I gently run my fingers over my face as I rinse this. There have been occasions when I thought I had it all rinse off to find some hanging on around the curve of the nostril, so now I pay extra attention to those small areas (haven't had that issue before with the apricot scrub). I really enjoy the scent of this scrub and find it soothing when I use it. The tube claims that the product calms redness and I do have a lot of redness across my entire face (Rosacea runs in the family). It took several weeks of using this before I started to really notice a difference in the redness of my skin. I follow up the scrub with the Nivea Soft Cream moisturizer and gently pat it into my skin. My skin has undergone a transition since I've been using this: from very oily to dry (age related). And this scrub has worked for my skin under both extremes. Now I use it less frequently but it is still my HG drugstore scrub.

on 8/13/2016 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this product. I'm almost done my first bottle and I already have another one ready to use. I got this scrub because the apricot one was, from what I've read online, bad for your skin on the long run, and I wasn't fond of the smell of the grapefruit one, and St Ives is the cheapest brand for scrubs at the drugstore. I enjoy the smell, even tho like with the apricot one, at the end of the bottle the product smelled different when it came in contact with water when I was in the shower. It's not a bad sent, just a bit weird. Like chlorine maybe? The scrub isn't too harsh for me, however keep in mind that I enjoyed the harshness of the apricot one. The consistency is quite creamy and the exfoliant is tiny, so I think most people won't find it harsh either. I've seen an improvement on the quantity of blackheads I have, though I'm not sure if it's thanks to this product or because I'm being more consistent with my skincare. On the bottle, it recommends to use twice daily, which I wouldn't recommend you do for any scrub.

Pros:
- Cheap
- Smells nice
- Not too harsh
- Softer, brighter skin afterwards

Cons:
- None

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

I love this product. It's really affordable and it makes my skin so smooth. I also like the mild green tea scent.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

worked well the first few times, went back to the product after a few months and now it cause me to break out like crazy

My favorite facial scrub! Gentle, doesn't break me out, prepares my skin for my facial moisturizer and flawless make up application. I've got very sensitive and acne prone skin and this treats it just right.

on 12/10/2014 2:02:00 AM

I'm a sucker for trying out new cleansers/scrubs. When I saw all the positive reviews for this scrub I thought to myself, "Why not?"
Now I know why not.
This scrub made a good first impression on me. The redness of my cheeks had reduced, my skin felt very soft, it even had a pretty glow to it.
Because of the results from the first couple of days I decided to continue using this product.
The redness has returned along with large, noticeable pimples. Thankfully, these pimples are on the side of my face in an area which could easily be covered with my hair.
I really am disappointed that this product didn't work out for me. I live in a remote area which doesn't have much of a variety as others do, so this was hard for me to come by. If I wanna try out a new product I have to purchase it online and ship it to where I live, which could add up to being three times as much as it would to go and purchase it in store! Until I can find a new product and ship it to where I live, I'm stuck with ugly skin.