St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

Filtered by hair type : Other
St. Ives Green Tea Scrub
Green Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea Scrub

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I'm amazed at how much I love this! I actually purchased this product by mistake. I have enjoyed using St. Ives Apricot scrub for years. I was amazed how this scrub dramatically decreased my facial redness.

on 8/3/2015 1:36:00 AM

Only after one use I noticed a massive difference in my skin. Any redness was dramatically reduced. I had developed some small bumps under my skin on my forehead, this scrub removed a lot of them after only one use. It had such a refreshing smell as well. I like to use this product in the mornings every second or third day to really clean the skin.

Pros
Clears skin well
Gentle enough for regular use
Easy to wash off
Quite refreshing

Cons
Slightly drying for my skin but I just moisturise right after I wash it off and my skin is fine

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I have been looking for a facewash that does not contain plastic microbeads and I believe this contains silica instead.Those microbeads (found in toothpaste,facewashes, etc) are polluting the Great Lakes and are hurting wildlife. This is pretty gentle and works well. I have seen an improvement in my skin since using this once or twice a week and it has a nice scent too.

on 5/17/2015 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had high hopes for this scrub because I love treating my skin with products that have green tea extract and the salicylic acid was a bonus for my acne prone skin. Despite the purpose of this scrub, it did nothing to my blackheads. Although this product is very affordable and it smells nice, it does not do anything.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

THis stuff is the best
my skin looks so fresh afterwards
it calmed some spots down
and made my skin texture smooth and "youthful" seriously I had soft teenager skin rather than sun damaged, crocodile texture that was slowly becoming my face. Yayy, not no more....
Definitley a holy grail product for me now. I don't really have an acne problem, but I had some rare spots come up from eating dairy ( dairy-intolerance) and they are settling down now.........so I would use something moisturizing afterwards, for sure. If you have oily skin though I bet this would be nice. My skin is usually thin and a lil dry but this left it feeling like it is...full of water, not grease. I just need a pea size amount, so great value. Took my makeup off pretty good. I LOOOOOVE ITTT SO MUUUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 11/14/2013 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Pretty good scrub that exfoliates well and doesn't dry out skin as bad as other types. However, I have very sensitive that tends to flush really easily, so it tends to make these conditions worse. This scrub is better suited for those with thick skin. I feel that the granules are fairly sharp and sometimes tear the skin. I will continue to look for a scrub that delivers similar acne-fighting blemishes without harsh exfoliants.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Love this scrub, I didn't have TOO much expectations for this product because the more I expect, the more disappointed I'll get. So I didn't really expect anything tooootally amazingly perfect, but it is a wonderful product. I use a separate product to treat any MAJOR breakouts but this does keep them from coming back. I use this to wash and exfoliate twice a day as it's gentle enough for my skin. The smell, to me, is invigorating because I love green tea just in general (kind of sweet and herb-y lol) The grains of it are very very fine compared to the apricot scrub. It's just really a great simple scrub that leaves my face so clean and fresh and soft without making it feel tight on the skin :)

on 10/22/2012 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

im on my second tube on this product. i LOVE this cleanser. what sets this scrub apart from other is that the formula lathers and rinses clean without any oily reside- too many scrubs are cream based and dont really foam nor do they rinse clean. also, the beads here are very very microfine particles, don't really like the regular st ives bc the granules are very chunky and too big to really exfoliate deeply. i also dont like those scrubs where theres not enough exfoliating particles in the product to do anything. this is is everything im looking for- foamy, and abundant small scrubbing particles- i can see why some people might not like this if they have dry or very dry skin, but if you have oily or combo skin, give this a try. its cheap enough and even if you dont absolutely love it, its still decent enough to use the entire tube

I bought this at Wal Mart thinking it would be as good as the apricot scrub (which i pretty much used up) and was really excited to use it because i had been using the St Ives Green Tea Cleanser at the time too. I used this in the shower and when i applied it, it burned like CRAZY on my blemishes . in my whole experience with facial cleansers, this has NEVER happened. my mom thinks it might be an allergic reaction but i'm okay with the cleanser so i don't understand why this happened. its been almost a week and certain parts of my skin are still red and flaky and even having a bit of pus like i cut it or something. extremely disappointed with it , i'll stick to the apricot scrub .

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have very sensitive skin and because of that, I break out very easily. This product was effective at reducing the redness and size of my acne, but gentle enough that it didn't irritate my skin in the process. After my first use, it visibly reduced my blackheads. I will definitely buy this again.