St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
St. Ives Green Tea Scrub
Green Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea Scrub

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

on 2/19/2017 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of the BEST and CHEAPEST face scrubs ever!! It works really well, smells great and gives the face & skin a refreshing hydrated feel

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought a tube of this a few years ago when I was in the States. In the UK, we only seem to have the original St Ives Apricot Scrub available, so I was eager to try this to see how it would fare.

I’m pleased to report that I really like it! As others have already said here, this is defined as a ‘moderate’ exfoliator on the St Ives website, as opposed to the apricot one which is defined as ‘deep’. This version has a very fine grain to it, meaning it gently exfoliates my skin without scratching or stripping it, but still leaves it feeling thoroughly cleansed and very soft. And as someone with very sensitive skin, this doesn’t and never has made my skin react or break out either.

However, with the good points come a couple of not so good ones. First off, I only ever use this in the shower as it’s difficult to remove. I have to make sure to rinse my face thoroughly after I’ve used it, as on more than one occasion I’ve got out of the shower only to find some still on my face, especially in my eyebrows and on my eyelashes.

The other minor annoyance is the tube it comes in. It’s fine when the tube is fairly full, but once you get down to the last third it becomes increasingly difficult to squeeze out of the tube without it bending in such a way that nothing (or very little) comes out. This wouldn’t be such a problem with dry hands, but when you’re in the shower it can make for a few awkward moments, usually involving dropping it or causing it to shoot across the room!

Overall though, the good points far outweigh the bad and I would definitely repurchase this. In fact, I just have! I wish St Ives would widen their range in the UK, but until then I’ll have to make do with picking up a few tubes of this whenever I’m in the States.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

I love this product. It's really affordable and it makes my skin so smooth. I also like the mild green tea scent.

on 8/28/2015 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought a little travel size one meaning to buy the original apricot scrub. this stuff is so good! I still use the original, but I find this one to be more gentle and great for every day use, it's ideal. I love that it's finely milled, and I love the green tea smell. Definitely pick this up!

on 8/16/2015 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

First thing first, the scent of this scrub is amazing! Then, when i applied it on my face, you can feel the scrubbing particles are fine and yet after rinse off, you feel instant smoothness on your skin. I picked this out of randomness wandering at the drugstore BUT I REALLY enjoy using it. It claimed that you may use it regularly one to three times a day but generally i would just use it maximum twice a day. Yeay to clean and blackhead free skin!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

worked well the first few times, went back to the product after a few months and now it cause me to break out like crazy

on 6/13/2015 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I did not like this product. I have sensitive skin and this made my skin feel tight and hot after using. It brought out redness and did not clear my pores or do anything the help my skins condition. Not for me. I prefer the oatmeal mask/scrub. Will not purchase again or recommend.

on 9/27/2014 5:34:00 PM

This is a fantastic product. It's a little gentler than the apricot scrub, so it's perfect for me. I find I only need to use it every other day to remove built up skin cells. I always cleanse first to remove makeup and oils then very gently massage this over my face. With a subtle, fresh scent as well this product leaves my face feeling smooth and vibrant.

I love this scrub! I have normal skin which is a bit on the oily side. This scrub exfoliated my skin nicely with out being overly aggressive like the apricot walnut shell scrub. Good price since I got this on sale...Nice scent too! UPDATE: I no longer use this, I think it was screwing up my skin

on 6/13/2014 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this product but don't use it too much cos your skin might become dry