St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

Filtered by skin type : Oily
St. Ives Green Tea Scrub
Green Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea Scrub

4.1

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

on 9/4/2017 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I prefer this product as compared to the apricot scrub by St. Ives. It is a lot milder and less sharp as compared to the apricot one and is equally exfoliating.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to swear by the Apricot Scrub but it caused my skin to be irritated. This is my HG drugstore scrub! The exfoliators are way smaller and is perfect in clearing blackheads and dead skin.

on 8/4/2016 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The one I purchased was labeled blackhead clearing rather than the blemish control in the picture but I'm sure it's the same thing. I love this scrub, it really did clear out my pores and help with acne. It was magic overnight but I was very consistent and use it along side my acne face wash and it worked like a charm.

on 6/5/2016 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

this is a great product. it has been my staple exfoliator for 3 years now. this one especially is AMAZING for blackheads. i recommend this to everyone. not all the scrubs have the same results though. they're all really great but i found since they all have different specialites some were more comfortable to me than others. this one and the fresh start one are really great.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This will be a long review because I have a history with the green tea scrub - I used this product for a few years without seeming to have a problem with it (or not attributing the problem to the scrub). It was so much more gentle than the medicated apricot scrub so I felt like I was making the right decision - this scrub made my skin less red than other scrubs, and because it is abrasive my skin did feel smoother in the shower so I really felt like it was "doing something." (this is why I bought it for so many years!) I would mix it with my Neutrogena deep clean cream cleanser to "dilute" it.
About a week and a half ago I started using a soft, nubby scrubbing pad with my cleanser instead of the scrub because I had read that the manual scrubbing ingredients in the green tea scrub were causing tiny tears in my skin and I thought that might be why my pores looked larger and my skin seemed more irritated and old acne marks seemed so red. ONE week and my skin texture has totally improved, with NO breakouts. It looks less oily and my pores look smaller and my skin is smoother. I tried the scrub with my cleanser again and afterwards and again my pores seemed more noticeable and my skin seemed oily and irritated and red, with dark marks seeming redder than before. So now I'm back using my little cloth scrubber with calm skin again.
Perhaps this is merely one subjective case of someone with a relatively resilient oily skin being too sensitive for this scrub, but I truly believe that the scrub is damaging my skin. I was a long time follower of the scrub trend (years!) because it does give immediate (not always good!) resuls but my manual exfoliation is limited to soft cloth scrubber now. I will not be wasting my money on this again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is so great for acne- prone and oily skin! It doesn't irritate my skin and it's gentle enough to use more than once a week (I used it 3 times a week). The smell is nice, too. I thought it was a good exfoliator but I've been using different products recently, so I have no need to repurchase it. Overall, I recommend it for problematic skin!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My holy grail exfoliator. The beads are small and not harsh. Perfect for people with acne and sensitive skin. It leaves your skin feeling fresh and clean and smooth. Will always repurchase. The scent and packaging are lovely too. You can usually find it on sale in AUS for around $5. Perfect! Give it a try :)

on 7/27/2014 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

,I LOVE this.

I bought it on a whim while I was at Kmart because I remember someone mentioning they liked it so I thought why not it's not expensive let's give it a try. I used the apricot scrub on numerous occasions before but it was too harsh on my skin. When I saw the green tea one was an acne scrub, I thought perfect!

I love the way it smells, the way it feels on my skin while using as well as how soft it leaves my skin afterwards. My skin doesn't feel dry or tight, it feels perfect. I didn't think this would cut down on my acne but surprisingly I have seen results as of late. I used to only use it a couple times a week. Last week I had a bad skin week where my skin decided it just didn't like me. So I decided to use this every morning for a whole week anxious to see the results.

It dried out and reduced the size of existing pimples a GREAT deal...it kept new ones from rising...it made my skin less oily throughout the day...my skin just looks better.

Knock on wood.

I hope this product keeps working for me. I went to Target to buy a new one but they didn't have any, only the apricot one. I don't know if they carry it or not but I will end up going to Kmart again to get some more.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I REALLY LOVE ST. IVES' PRODUCTS! I use this alternatively with my st. ives blemish control apricot scrub and blemish control gel green tea cleanser! I especially love the smell of this scrub and it has a more mild exfoliator compared to the apricot scrub. Although i cannot say that this product has helped in improving my acne, i could say that your money will not be wasted on this product because it truly cleanses the face and my skin always feels so smooth after using it!

on 11/24/2013 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love this because the beads are really small my skin is a bit sensitive and a heavy exfoliator is too harsh for my face, this is perfect for me I use it a couple times a week alone but I really like adding about a pee sized drop to mix with my cleanser, defiantly something I will always have around serves multiple uses for me and I like the smell