St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

Filtered by skin type : Combination
St. Ives Green Tea Scrub
Green Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea Scrub

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

on 12/15/2017 1:29:00 AM

this scrub smells like candy to my bf he loves it and wants to use it daily(not a good idea!) lol but to me its like sweet clean smelling tea. its nice and scrubby with microbeads. the beads are super fine like sand or even smaller than that. i was using a lot of lush exfoliants and it irritated my skin horribly. This feels very clean and my face is very smooth after. i suffer from lots of blackheads on my nose where if i use my hand to feel my nose i can feel little bumps and spikes of tiny dots. after using this my nose is smooth and i cannot feel any bumps. its only 3.62 dollars at target and i must say it is worth it id even pay more for something like this. it didn't irritate my skin or my boyfriends ezcema. he suffers from sensitive skin that gets rashy and he is fine using this. Although it says its moderate exfoliant i don't recommend exfoliant every single day. Id use this maybe 2 times a week. i feel that too much scrubbing will be abbrasive for people with sensitive skin. I have oily combo sensitive skin and i break out when i over exfoliate.

edit: i only use this only on my nose twice a week and its been great. But.....when my bf uses this the bead gets into his eye and it made him traumatized enough to not use it again. LOL so be careful not to get the little beads in the eye it gets trapped and goes behind the eyeball. But the next day after he slept it was gone....anyways rinse well and close the eyes shut for this one!

edit- i began to break out due to super sensitive skin from the baby. I had to stop all physical exfoliants.

on 11/5/2017 11:38:00 PM

Definitely a good scrub for the price, but you really have to rinse thoroughly to get the silica grit completely off. It’s particularly annoying having to “dust off” my face before applying moisturizer. I’m a one-swipe-and-done kind of girl, so that makes me kind of tepid toward this product.

This is the most superior product I think st ives makes. It actually exfoliates the skin without causing damage to the epidermis. I was weary to try this because of the incredible long term damage their apricot scrub can create. This product is always in my shower. I use this every time I shower and my skin is always flake free and never tight or dry. I use this solely in the shower, like many others have described, because it is incredibly difficult to remove all the fine exfoliant particles. Excellent. The salicylic acid is a waste because its only 1% and anyone whose educated knows that a cleanser doesn't stay in the skin long enough to do what they are intended to do. Other than that, it's great.

on 1/7/2017 7:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Whilst I love this product, I much prefer the apricot face scrub that St Ives does.

I haven't noticed any reduction in redness, like it claims. In that way it works like any other scrub I have tried i.e. It just scrub's your face.

It doesn't irritate the skin and leaves a somewhat tight feeling on the face once washed away.

Whilst the consistency of the scrub is fine, again I prefer the apricot scrub's consistency and texture. It does not have a strong scent.

It does however reduce blemishes and my skin feels clean after using it.

The main reason I gave it 3 lipsticks is again due to my preference of the apricot face scrub St Ives does. I feel like whilst the green tea scrub cleans, the apricot scrub provides a more thorough clean.

Purchased at: Target
Purchase Price: $3.00 on sale, plus tax

I have used the St. Ives Apricot Scrub but found it to be too harsh on the skin. I also tried the Oatmeal scrub and mask and found it to be a little too mild. Third time was a charm and the Green Tea scrub worked out just right. It is listed as a "moderate" scrub and I agree. It provides a nice scrub without feeling like I'm tearing at or damaging my skin. It definitely removes the dead skin cells and leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft. I use this when I take my showers since I find scrubs - in general - to be messy to try to rinse off at my sink. I gently run my fingers over my face as I rinse this. There have been occasions when I thought I had it all rinse off to find some hanging on around the curve of the nostril, so now I pay extra attention to those small areas (haven't had that issue before with the apricot scrub). I really enjoy the scent of this scrub and find it soothing when I use it. The tube claims that the product calms redness and I do have a lot of redness across my entire face (Rosacea runs in the family). It took several weeks of using this before I started to really notice a difference in the redness of my skin. I follow up the scrub with the Nivea Soft Cream moisturizer and gently pat it into my skin. My skin has undergone a transition since I've been using this: from very oily to dry (age related). And this scrub has worked for my skin under both extremes. Now I use it less frequently but it is still my HG drugstore scrub.

on 8/13/2016 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this product. I'm almost done my first bottle and I already have another one ready to use. I got this scrub because the apricot one was, from what I've read online, bad for your skin on the long run, and I wasn't fond of the smell of the grapefruit one, and St Ives is the cheapest brand for scrubs at the drugstore. I enjoy the smell, even tho like with the apricot one, at the end of the bottle the product smelled different when it came in contact with water when I was in the shower. It's not a bad sent, just a bit weird. Like chlorine maybe? The scrub isn't too harsh for me, however keep in mind that I enjoyed the harshness of the apricot one. The consistency is quite creamy and the exfoliant is tiny, so I think most people won't find it harsh either. I've seen an improvement on the quantity of blackheads I have, though I'm not sure if it's thanks to this product or because I'm being more consistent with my skincare. On the bottle, it recommends to use twice daily, which I wouldn't recommend you do for any scrub.

Pros:
- Cheap
- Smells nice
- Not too harsh
- Softer, brighter skin afterwards

Cons:
- None

on 6/30/2016 1:16:00 PM

Okay... so, I have just repurchased this product. The last time I had it was about four to five months ago. Since then, I've tried the Biore Pore Unclogging scrub and a few other unmentionable ones. No scrub out there works as well for me as this one does. After so long without this green tea scrub, I washed my face with it last night, and already in the morning my skin looks so much better. Now I will not stray again.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

If you're using the apricot scrub I recommend you switch over to this. This is much less harsh on your skin and does an even better job. The pits in the apricot scrub can cause micro tears and can irritate skin. This has small sand like exfoliaters that gently remove dry skin and cleans pores and the green tea soothes redness. This doesn't dry out my skin and I love the smell and I think this helps me in preventing blackheads but not necessarily removing them, it's also not too harsh on my existing acne. My boyfriend actually started using it and he absolutely loves it even more than I do lol. He has great skin (darn boys) but we have both noticed it looks even better now than it did before; it's not as dry and never flakey and he has like zero black heads. This is great to keep in the shower and to use a couple times a week

it's a nice exfoliator i've ever had. it suits my skin well. and it calms redness in my face and minimize pores. the scrubs is gentle and not harsh

on 10/31/2015 7:55:00 AM

i bought this last year and i love it. it does a great job exfoliating my skin and does not leave it red or irritate. would purchase again