St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

Filtered by eye Color : Green
St. Ives Green Tea Scrub
Green Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea Scrub

4.2

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

on 5/3/2011 2:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Well...I thought this product sounded great so I gave it a try....Wrong!!!!
It really broke me out badly. Large cystic pimples and not in the normal break out areas. I was so surprised....I kept going back to it to make sure this was what was causing the breakouts and it was for sure. Too bad, because I liked the feel of the scrub and smell of it.

I wasn't a big fan of this. I purchased it because it claims to clear blackheads, but I didn't notice a difference after using it on a regular basis. It also smells really weird and unpleasant. I prefer the St. Ives Oatmeal Scrub/Mask.

Pros: Deep exfoliation, didn't dry out my skin.

Cons: Did not clear blackheads, bad smell.

I love this scrub! I have normal skin which is a bit on the oily side. This scrub exfoliated my skin nicely with out being overly aggressive like the apricot walnut shell scrub. Good price since I got this on sale...Nice scent too! UPDATE: I no longer use this, I think it was screwing up my skin

I was excited for this scrub because I've heard green tea is really soothing for the skin. I really liked it at first because the scrubbies were a nice size and not too harsh. Unfortunately the dry areas on my face started peeling after I would use this. I use my fingers to wash my face and it made the skin on my finger tips peel too. If you are anything but oily all over stay away.

on 3/27/2013 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I wanted this to exfoliate my combo skin and prevent some zits here and there. Even when I use a dab, the product leaves behind the exfoliating powder (especially on the sides of my face, eyebrows, around nose). Applying make up or brow pencil after using this is not a bright idea.

on 11/14/2013 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Pretty good scrub that exfoliates well and doesn't dry out skin as bad as other types. However, I have very sensitive that tends to flush really easily, so it tends to make these conditions worse. This scrub is better suited for those with thick skin. I feel that the granules are fairly sharp and sometimes tear the skin. I will continue to look for a scrub that delivers similar acne-fighting blemishes without harsh exfoliants.

This product wasn't bad, like it did its job of exfoliating. But I can't stand the texture, it's so gross. But the beads are small enough that its just like baking soda and water. But I don't like the texture enough to continue using it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I got a sample of this with my St. Ives body wash. It's an okay facial scrub and would have given it four stars, but the fact that it is supposed to be an acne scrub! It does nothing whatsoever for my acne. Oh well, at least it smells nice.

on 6/12/2010 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

It doesn't smell like green tea, and it's pungent.
It's a rough scrub, the exfoliant is actually sand, which I don't mind but I know a lot of people with sensitive skin do.
It's definitely not for everyday use, that would be too drying and damaging even with only 1% Salicylic Acid, it's pretty harsh. It left my face feeling very exfoliated, but stripped at the same time. That's why I <3 jojoba oil!
So perhaps It's better I don't have the urge to use it very much, I'm not that impressed.
I could see this making acne-prone, and dry skin worse if not used in moderation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have been using this for about two weeks.

First, I don't like the scent. It doesn't really smell like green tea, more like an almost sickly sweet manufactured smell. However, when you've rubbed it into your face, the scent goes away a bit.

I do like the size of the granules. They are bigger than the sandy-consistency of the apricot scrub, but aren't too huge so that they feel too far and few between.

I use this product in the shower at night with my face cleanser and a face brush (see my reviews on the Face Secrets face brush). When I use these altogether, my face feels smoother than it has with any other exfoliator.

You do get a lot for your money, and only need to use a pea sized amount for each use.