St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

St. Ives Green Tea Scrub
Green Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea Scrub

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

on 1/4/2016 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This product is only fit to scrub satan's a$$hole, not your face. No matter what I do I get this scrub in my eyes and it never leaves, not even with flushing it out with water. It stays in my eyes and makes me want to rip them out. I hate it so much I threw it in the trash where it belongs. I don't put this anywhere near my eyes but this stuff is so fine and gritty it migrates there and gets in somehow. It doesn't even exfoliate. The bits are too small and gritty to do anything. They just roughen up the skin. The apricot scrub is good though and does not have this problem.

I'm all about trying new products. I loved this product... at first. I would use it once every 2 or 3 days, and for the most part, it cleared my acne. Once I started to start using the scrub more often (once a day) my skin started breaking out, bad. I'm not sure if it's this scrub or the sea breeze I've been using, but my friends have been using it for a long time and give it glowing reviews. So, in my experience, St.Ives may work in the beginning, but in the long run is not a very good face was.

I can't even believe the ratings for this product! Saw this on sale at my drugstore and thought I would give it a go as it was a good deal and it has salicylic acid in it.

First off, it claims to be a "natural" product. That is not the case. Secondly, I felt like I was cleaning my face with sand paper.

This stuff is false advertisement and it does not WORK.

I don't like wasting so I used it as a foot scrub. It smells ok..kind of chemically. But my feet were soft after. Shame on you, St. Ives!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am reviewing Blackhead Clearing Green Tea Scrub. I bought recently after reading a lot of positive review about St Ives Green Tea Scrub, and I want to try another product from St Ives. I only used this two times, then stopped because I had two big bumps/acne on my face. I use my usual skincare products and this scrub was the only new product that I am using. So, I guess the bumps caused by the scrub. Then I googling it and read this is the new formula, and some people also have acne/bumps after using the new formula.
I used the apricot one before and had no issue at all. I won't be repurchasing this particular product, and plan to use the remaining product as hand/feet scrub. It smells really nice, sweet and fresh. Too bad it doesn't work for me.

on 12/10/2014 2:02:00 AM

I'm a sucker for trying out new cleansers/scrubs. When I saw all the positive reviews for this scrub I thought to myself, "Why not?"
Now I know why not.
This scrub made a good first impression on me. The redness of my cheeks had reduced, my skin felt very soft, it even had a pretty glow to it.
Because of the results from the first couple of days I decided to continue using this product.
The redness has returned along with large, noticeable pimples. Thankfully, these pimples are on the side of my face in an area which could easily be covered with my hair.
I really am disappointed that this product didn't work out for me. I live in a remote area which doesn't have much of a variety as others do, so this was hard for me to come by. If I wanna try out a new product I have to purchase it online and ship it to where I live, which could add up to being three times as much as it would to go and purchase it in store! Until I can find a new product and ship it to where I live, I'm stuck with ugly skin.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm glad I only bought a trial size of this because it's horrible. I generally don't like exfoliants for daily use but I thought I'd try it out. After washing my face I used an astringent and to my dismay the cotton pad was covered in my face makeup! I then washed my face again and again make up came off with the astringent. I'm sticking with Biore ice cleanser or olay foaming face wash.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

So disappointed! After reading so many great reviews of this product I purchased it with the hopes it would clear up my acne prone T zone. Firstly the consistency of the beads in the scrub is lovely, but the results I got were terrible. Within the first day of using it, my breakouts got even worse! No amount of gentle scrubbing helped in my case. This product caused me to break out with tiny whiteheads and nasty red spots popped up noticeably in places I usually don't break out in. My skin is not particularly sensitive so I was surprised at the amount of pimples I was getting. This product was also very drying, even after applying moisteriser after exfoliating. Not using this again! Terrible stuff. Would not recommend.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have oily, acne prone skin with my blemishes being focused mainly on my chin area and my skin is very sensitive to products (meaning the slightest foundation, serum, or cream will break me out). I loved the St. Ives Green Tea face wash but the scrub is a big disappointment for me. I noticed that I was getting results from the face wash (my acne and blemishes were disappearing) so I picked up the scrub to go with it. As a soon as I started using the scrub, my face went right back to what it was before and maybe even worse. I got these huge painful pimples that would bring tears to my eyes if I even slightly touched it.

I found the cleanser did make my face feel slightly dry, but my face had dry patches after I started using the scrub. I googled to see if it was the scrub that was causing my face to get worse and I found that scrubs can strip your skin and make acne worse. Perhaps I would have gotten different results if I used it every second day or less but I think it would still irritate my sensitive skin. The only really good thing about this product for me was the price at around $5 a bottle that's a steal!!

Unfortunately, I am heading straight to my bathroom to throw this product out after I finish this review because my skin can't take it anymore. I will be skipping scrubs and just using gentle cleansers on my skin from now on. I don't recommend this product to anyone who's skin is sensitive like mine and don't react well to harsh or scrubbing products.

on 5/12/2014 3:26:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

its pretty good for the price and all that and you dont need much. very small almost microbead type of exfoliation. the scent is not like green tea and seems irritating and unnecessary

I bought this at Wal Mart thinking it would be as good as the apricot scrub (which i pretty much used up) and was really excited to use it because i had been using the St Ives Green Tea Cleanser at the time too. I used this in the shower and when i applied it, it burned like CRAZY on my blemishes . in my whole experience with facial cleansers, this has NEVER happened. my mom thinks it might be an allergic reaction but i'm okay with the cleanser so i don't understand why this happened. its been almost a week and certain parts of my skin are still red and flaky and even having a bit of pus like i cut it or something. extremely disappointed with it , i'll stick to the apricot scrub .