St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

Filtered by eye Color : Green
St. Ives Green Tea Scrub
Green Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea Scrub

4.2

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

I really cannot contain my excitement for this product- because it truly is amazing, and has really given my skin some amazing benefits in the short time I have been using it. When I saw this on display, I was so excited to purchase it- we kinda get products here in Canada a bit late, I had heard about this scrub a couple months ago but never spotted it at Wal-Mart, Superstore, Shoppers or any other stores. I picked this up for $3 which is a very decent price for such a great product. I never had luck with the St. Ives Apricot Scrub, it was way to abrasive, and left me with a horrible rash everytime I used it- honestly, it only worked as a foot scrub. Upon first use, the smell of this was so yummy! it reminds me of some sort of Candy (think Wonka Nerds or Sweet Tarts) ... I really cannot detect any kind of Green Tea scent. Anywho, this felt so amazing when I rubbed it into my skin, it felt like it was lifting away dead skin cells, and when I rinsed it left me skin feeling so fresh, and looking revived. I haven't had a favorite scrub since the MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliator, and I can gladly say this has replaced it well :)

My skin is Combination, I only get breakouts around my monthly- sometimes a couple whiteheads, but usually 2 or 3 cystic blemishes, which hurt like living hell. I used this for two days, and the 2 cystic bleishes I had where pretty much gone on the third day! usually those suckers last about a week before they heal. I also have some mild acne scarring from when I had a bad breakout in my teens- and I have been using this once a day, everyday (prior to this I use the Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser) and my scars have drastically faded, and best of all- the REDNESS which accompanied them is gone to! I will continue to use this everyday, it such an amazing little gem. This will be the first time I will go out and get a backup of a skincare product :)

on 4/11/2011 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I saw all the great reviews for St. Ives scrubs here at MUA so I bought a few sample sizes to see which one I liked the best, and this was it! It's very finely milled -- the first time I used it plain on dry skin and didn't realize how powerful it was -- I pretty much rubbed my face raw in a very short time! But now I use it regularly, it works great. I like it a lot better than the grainier scrubs, it gives me a much better and quicker dermabrasion with less scrubbing. It's very mild and doesn't dry my skin out -- but I almost always use my scrubs along with CeraVe hydrating cleanser which helps with any dryness. I have phymatous rosacea, which causes my skin to build up excess tissue daily, it's really noticeable when I wake up in the morning, so I use this every morning before applying my makeup to decrease the puffiness and large pores, and often at night when I remove my makeup, too. I actually prefer it to my Clarisonic, it dermabrades my skin just as well but is quicker and easier to use.

on 9/10/2016 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have struggled with acne for quite a few years, at 27 it was a little embarrassing. I spent money on everything from shiseido, to Peter Thomas Roth, to Origins, to Clean & Clear. Something just kept clogging my pores or aggravating skin. Then I saw someone on Instagram mentioned they used this so I decided to try it, I use it twice a day, and I have not had one single blemish since I started. Even during my time of the month which is unheard of. Perhaps it's the mild exfoliating beads-something in this just completely cleared my acne. My skin is pretty sensitive and the twice a day exfoliation doesn't bother it. I would give this a try if you're stuck in the one and done trying of products: not only is this cheap, it really works. I pair it with olay anti aging moisturizer (fragrance free), and this random combo has saved my skin.

on 9/24/2013 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Love it! It's a bit of a harsh exfoliant so I only suggest using once a week but it's fantastic. Redness reduced, pimples dry up significantly, and baby soft glowing skin. I have dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin and I have used and loved this for years. One of my holy grail exfoliators for acne. Buy it if you want that nasty redness gone! It's so good will repurchase till my dying day.

One of my must-have skincare products! I have very sensitive skin with a lot of redness/rosacea on my cheeks. Almost every scrub or exfoliating product is too harsh for my skin, including the Clarisonic... even with the delicate brush head.

I decided to pick this up based on a review I saw on Nouveau Cheap.. this is one of her HG face products so I figured I'd try it.

I'm so in love! This makes my skin feel soft, clean, and is not at all harsh or drying. I use this about 2 or 3 times a week and it keeps my skin looking nice and healthy. It claims to reduce redness, and I can definitely say that I've seen a difference in the redness on my cheeks after using this.

The consistency is very smooth, almost gel like. It has very fine micro-particles, yet it lathers like an actual face cleanser. The smell is very fresh, almost fruity, but I can still detect the tea scent in there.

Overall, if you are someone with extremely sensitive skin and struggle to find an exfoliator that is gentle enough, this might be it for you! I highly recommend trying it out.

on 11/16/2011 5:39:00 PM

Fantastic product - leaves skin very smooth without irritation. Gentle enough to use every day for exfoliating, at least on my normal/combo skin. Effective cleansing. I loved Olay's warming face scrub, but the price shot up. Let's face it, cleansers are meant to wash off. It's not like they stay on your face, so the less money I wash down the drain the better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this scrub. It has really helped clear my face up and I know it's the scrub helping me because that's the only new product in my regimen. I have used the Apricot scrub on and off for years and this one is much gentler. The tube is smaller though so you don't get as much product...but at less than $5... I can't complain. I like the smell, it's very clean and mild. This really helps in removing my foundation (Revlon CS). I will definitely repurchase and also plan on trying the matching Green Tea cleanser.

I was excited for this scrub because I've heard green tea is really soothing for the skin. I really liked it at first because the scrubbies were a nice size and not too harsh. Unfortunately the dry areas on my face started peeling after I would use this. I use my fingers to wash my face and it made the skin on my finger tips peel too. If you are anything but oily all over stay away.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I REALLY LOVE ST. IVES' PRODUCTS! I use this alternatively with my st. ives blemish control apricot scrub and blemish control gel green tea cleanser! I especially love the smell of this scrub and it has a more mild exfoliator compared to the apricot scrub. Although i cannot say that this product has helped in improving my acne, i could say that your money will not be wasted on this product because it truly cleanses the face and my skin always feels so smooth after using it!

on 10/7/2011 9:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This stuff is AWESOME. I usually do not have problem skin but the past year had cystic type acne because of an allergy to silicone in face and hair products. It was taking forever to get rid of it and my skin was bumpy and had uneven tone. I tried this product after reading the review on here and I will continue to purchase it as it has saved me.

After the first use my skin felt smoother. After a week of using my skin was clearer, less red, more even looking. Even thou I have stopped using products that caused the allergy; this scrub helped my skin get back in shape and is also helping it stay there.

The smell was fine and the grain is not too harsh and washed away clean. I have combination skin and my skin did not feel tight or dry after using either. I want to try the face soap now because the scrub is so good. The other nice thing is a little goes a long way with this product. It is an awesome price for the amount you use.