St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

Filtered by skin type : Oily
St. Ives Green Tea Scrub
Green Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea Scrub

4.1

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Yup. Move over, apricot scrub. Green tea's taking over. This scrub is SO much better than the apricot one. Here's a list of reasons why:
1. Granules are VERY fine, and thus more gentle, easier to rinse off your face, and easier to clean off cloths.
2. This scrub cleans just as well, or maybe better than the apricot one.
3. It combats acne much more effectively.
4. It fights redness, which is awesome for those with scars from acne past. An entire side of my face is nearly scarless now since I've been using this scrub (3 weeks or so). The other cheek is getting there, too.
The only thing I like more about the apricot scrub is the price. You get alot less for alot more money with the green tea- a little bit more than half the size of the apricot scrub for about $3-4 more. Dumb.
Oh, and I like the apricot scrub's scent more. The green tea one smells like Nerd Ropes. Remember Nerd Ropes? The fragrance seems a little... unnecessary to me, but it's not gross or unbearable or anything. I'm willing to have a face that smells like candy if the scrub works. And it does. Try it. It's gentle, effective, and worth every penny.
PS: The scrub does leave some little white granules around my hairline, but they're easy to rinse off. No worries.

on 4/11/2011 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I saw all the great reviews for St. Ives scrubs here at MUA so I bought a few sample sizes to see which one I liked the best, and this was it! It's very finely milled -- the first time I used it plain on dry skin and didn't realize how powerful it was -- I pretty much rubbed my face raw in a very short time! But now I use it regularly, it works great. I like it a lot better than the grainier scrubs, it gives me a much better and quicker dermabrasion with less scrubbing. It's very mild and doesn't dry my skin out -- but I almost always use my scrubs along with CeraVe hydrating cleanser which helps with any dryness. I have phymatous rosacea, which causes my skin to build up excess tissue daily, it's really noticeable when I wake up in the morning, so I use this every morning before applying my makeup to decrease the puffiness and large pores, and often at night when I remove my makeup, too. I actually prefer it to my Clarisonic, it dermabrades my skin just as well but is quicker and easier to use.

on 9/4/2017 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I prefer this product as compared to the apricot scrub by St. Ives. It is a lot milder and less sharp as compared to the apricot one and is equally exfoliating.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great scrub at the end of the day because it cleans so well. You can really feel it going deep in your pores without burning your skin. The green tea is gentle and the little scrubbing beads feel great on the skin and it really gets all the dirt and oil out. This scrub is also great for people with acne prone skin or have redness. I love this scrub and how it makes my skin feel afterwards. Clean, refreshing, and smooth. This is a great drug store facial scrub.

on 8/4/2016 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The one I purchased was labeled blackhead clearing rather than the blemish control in the picture but I'm sure it's the same thing. I love this scrub, it really did clear out my pores and help with acne. It was magic overnight but I was very consistent and use it along side my acne face wash and it worked like a charm.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This will be a long review because I have a history with the green tea scrub - I used this product for a few years without seeming to have a problem with it (or not attributing the problem to the scrub). It was so much more gentle than the medicated apricot scrub so I felt like I was making the right decision - this scrub made my skin less red than other scrubs, and because it is abrasive my skin did feel smoother in the shower so I really felt like it was "doing something." (this is why I bought it for so many years!) I would mix it with my Neutrogena deep clean cream cleanser to "dilute" it.
About a week and a half ago I started using a soft, nubby scrubbing pad with my cleanser instead of the scrub because I had read that the manual scrubbing ingredients in the green tea scrub were causing tiny tears in my skin and I thought that might be why my pores looked larger and my skin seemed more irritated and old acne marks seemed so red. ONE week and my skin texture has totally improved, with NO breakouts. It looks less oily and my pores look smaller and my skin is smoother. I tried the scrub with my cleanser again and afterwards and again my pores seemed more noticeable and my skin seemed oily and irritated and red, with dark marks seeming redder than before. So now I'm back using my little cloth scrubber with calm skin again.
Perhaps this is merely one subjective case of someone with a relatively resilient oily skin being too sensitive for this scrub, but I truly believe that the scrub is damaging my skin. I was a long time follower of the scrub trend (years!) because it does give immediate (not always good!) resuls but my manual exfoliation is limited to soft cloth scrubber now. I will not be wasting my money on this again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I REALLY LOVE ST. IVES' PRODUCTS! I use this alternatively with my st. ives blemish control apricot scrub and blemish control gel green tea cleanser! I especially love the smell of this scrub and it has a more mild exfoliator compared to the apricot scrub. Although i cannot say that this product has helped in improving my acne, i could say that your money will not be wasted on this product because it truly cleanses the face and my skin always feels so smooth after using it!

on 4/17/2013 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love anything to do with tea and products on the more natural side, so i was really excited to try this out! At first i was really taken back by the scent (really perfumey?) and the texture, but it really worked wonders for my skin! A lot of cleansers make me break out or dry me out like crazy, but this one is really gentle. The texture is perfect after you get use to it, and the price is great (i got it for $3.77 at walmart). A+!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The only good thing about the product is the scent; it smells refreshing and nice. HOWEVER, this scrub made me break out soooooooooo bad and then my face super red after. I must be allergic to an ingredient in this product. My HG face wash I love to use after removing my makeup is the St Ives apricot scrub. But I ran out of that and the only product in my bathroom was my sis' green tea scrub. At first I really did make my skin feel nice and clean after.... Until about half an hour later my face, ESP my forehead became super itchy. When I looked in the mirror, my whole forehead was covered in zits and both my cheeks looked super irritated and red. Thank god I didn't spend a dime on this product. Just goes to show that products will have different results in people.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to swear by the Apricot Scrub but it caused my skin to be irritated. This is my HG drugstore scrub! The exfoliators are way smaller and is perfect in clearing blackheads and dead skin.