St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

St. Ives Green Tea Scrub
Green Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea Scrub

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

💖 Using St Ives Green Tea scrub (alternating with St Ives Oatmeal Scrub & Mask) [AUD$10] gently on my face as a morning cleanser has resulted in equally supple skin and is as effective as Clarin Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Tamarind (AUD$40). Having tried St Ives Cucumber Face wash back in 2002, i did not like the smell so I didn't think to test St Ives' subtler scrub/cleansing range (under AUD$10) eventhough I have used St Ives' Apricot Scrub since 2002.

I faithfully used Lancome/Clarins cleansing range until I had to do 'check & balance' when i gave myself a 'because I never like hydro/body massage, mani or petticure nor can I go on a get-away trip from my Hubby and Daughter AND because I bluudy well deserve' self-treat by doing a crazy Shu Uemura brush spending spree (having concentrated my salary on housing loan and my toddler since she was born). And absolutely no regret at this surprising discovery.

It aint psychological that I have to force myself to conclude that St Ives' milder scrub is equally good due to budget reasons because I have happily used St Ives Apricot Scrub since 2002 so using its other range is no brainer if its cleasing yield clean and soft skin with minimum scent.

I would still recommend St Ives Green Tea scrub even to the richly-pocketed researchers 😍

on 3/17/2017 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a terrific scrub. I like the mild scent, the scrubbiness which, weirdly, I'll describe as smooth. It's not too hard or grainy or thick. Doesn't bother my sensitive skin. Great price

on 3/17/2017 2:07:00 PM

I'm enjoying this product. For a long time I was using another drugstore scrub with 1 percent salicylic acid, but that one was getting harder to find. I came across this one, and was pleased to find it was a couple dollars cheaper than the brand I had long been using, and I liked that it had green tea (how much, I'm not sure, but I like herbal treatments) and promised to calm some redness, which can be an issue for me.

I haven't used it a lot yet, but it feels both nicely scrubby but not too harsh. There's barely any scent to it, and even though the instructions say to limit use if skin feels too dry, I haven't noticed any issues, and my skin tends to be normal to dry. (Mostly dry in winter, and easing into normal for the warmer months.) I tend to apply this anywhere I am feeling a breakout start to erupt, and I let it sit on my face for a couple minutes, then use a bit more on my nose, cheeks and chin, for extra exfoliation. Afterwards my skin feels a bit smoother, and the breakout starts to settle down pretty fast.

I'm really happy with this. It smells alright, feels great, and calms my skin when pimples are imminent. And it's less than $5.

on 2/19/2017 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of the BEST and CHEAPEST face scrubs ever!! It works really well, smells great and gives the face & skin a refreshing hydrated feel

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Whenever I get clogged pores or congested skin I use this scrub to reduce the blackheads and calm the cystic acne that usually appears on my cheeks which has only been the case in the last year or two of my life (I'm sure this is hormonal as I approach menopause). I find the scrub is gentle if you use a light touch. The scent is very fresh and my skin feels very clean afterward. It can be a bit on the drying side and this is probably best suited for those with oily skin however, even those of us with dry skin can benefit from this scrub. I just make sure to use a hydrating moisturizer afterward and my skin normalizes. One thing to note, St. Ives scrubs can be difficult to completely rinse off. When I first started using them I would rinse my face, pat dry and when I'd apply moisturizer I could still feel the silica particles on my skin which was not enjoyable so be sure to rinse, rinse again, and then rinse some more. Aside from that one annoying trait, I recommend this (and the other scrubs), they are affordable and as long as you are gentle with your application they are great exfoliators.

on 1/7/2017 7:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Whilst I love this product, I much prefer the apricot face scrub that St Ives does.

I haven't noticed any reduction in redness, like it claims. In that way it works like any other scrub I have tried i.e. It just scrub's your face.

It doesn't irritate the skin and leaves a somewhat tight feeling on the face once washed away.

Whilst the consistency of the scrub is fine, again I prefer the apricot scrub's consistency and texture. It does not have a strong scent.

It does however reduce blemishes and my skin feels clean after using it.

The main reason I gave it 3 lipsticks is again due to my preference of the apricot face scrub St Ives does. I feel like whilst the green tea scrub cleans, the apricot scrub provides a more thorough clean.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought a tube of this a few years ago when I was in the States. In the UK, we only seem to have the original St Ives Apricot Scrub available, so I was eager to try this to see how it would fare.

I’m pleased to report that I really like it! As others have already said here, this is defined as a ‘moderate’ exfoliator on the St Ives website, as opposed to the apricot one which is defined as ‘deep’. This version has a very fine grain to it, meaning it gently exfoliates my skin without scratching or stripping it, but still leaves it feeling thoroughly cleansed and very soft. And as someone with very sensitive skin, this doesn’t and never has made my skin react or break out either.

However, with the good points come a couple of not so good ones. First off, I only ever use this in the shower as it’s difficult to remove. I have to make sure to rinse my face thoroughly after I’ve used it, as on more than one occasion I’ve got out of the shower only to find some still on my face, especially in my eyebrows and on my eyelashes.

The other minor annoyance is the tube it comes in. It’s fine when the tube is fairly full, but once you get down to the last third it becomes increasingly difficult to squeeze out of the tube without it bending in such a way that nothing (or very little) comes out. This wouldn’t be such a problem with dry hands, but when you’re in the shower it can make for a few awkward moments, usually involving dropping it or causing it to shoot across the room!

Overall though, the good points far outweigh the bad and I would definitely repurchase this. In fact, I just have! I wish St Ives would widen their range in the UK, but until then I’ll have to make do with picking up a few tubes of this whenever I’m in the States.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Purchased at: Target
Purchase Price: $3.00 on sale, plus tax

I have used the St. Ives Apricot Scrub but found it to be too harsh on the skin. I also tried the Oatmeal scrub and mask and found it to be a little too mild. Third time was a charm and the Green Tea scrub worked out just right. It is listed as a "moderate" scrub and I agree. It provides a nice scrub without feeling like I'm tearing at or damaging my skin. It definitely removes the dead skin cells and leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft. I use this when I take my showers since I find scrubs - in general - to be messy to try to rinse off at my sink. I gently run my fingers over my face as I rinse this. There have been occasions when I thought I had it all rinse off to find some hanging on around the curve of the nostril, so now I pay extra attention to those small areas (haven't had that issue before with the apricot scrub). I really enjoy the scent of this scrub and find it soothing when I use it. The tube claims that the product calms redness and I do have a lot of redness across my entire face (Rosacea runs in the family). It took several weeks of using this before I started to really notice a difference in the redness of my skin. I follow up the scrub with the Nivea Soft Cream moisturizer and gently pat it into my skin. My skin has undergone a transition since I've been using this: from very oily to dry (age related). And this scrub has worked for my skin under both extremes. Now I use it less frequently but it is still my HG drugstore scrub.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't live without this scrub. I use products on a daily basis that cause my skin to peel - retin-a and aha peels, so I need to exfoliate off the dead skin or I'd never have a smooth canvas to work with when I put on my makeup. I use this stuff 2 times a day, once in the morning and usually at night as well. I love that the little tiny micro scrubbies are small and fine and a smooth texture (unlike St. Ives apricot scrub - yuck that stuff scratches your skin so badly). Makes my skin smooth and sloughs off the dead skin. Great price too!

on 9/10/2016 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have struggled with acne for quite a few years, at 27 it was a little embarrassing. I spent money on everything from shiseido, to Peter Thomas Roth, to Origins, to Clean & Clear. Something just kept clogging my pores or aggravating skin. Then I saw someone on Instagram mentioned they used this so I decided to try it, I use it twice a day, and I have not had one single blemish since I started. Even during my time of the month which is unheard of. Perhaps it's the mild exfoliating beads-something in this just completely cleared my acne. My skin is pretty sensitive and the twice a day exfoliation doesn't bother it. I would give this a try if you're stuck in the one and done trying of products: not only is this cheap, it really works. I pair it with olay anti aging moisturizer (fragrance free), and this random combo has saved my skin.

Popular Scrubs