St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

St. Ives Green Tea Scrub
Green Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea Scrub

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

on 12/15/2017 1:29:00 AM

this scrub smells like candy to my bf he loves it and wants to use it daily(not a good idea!) lol but to me its like sweet clean smelling tea. its nice and scrubby with microbeads. the beads are super fine like sand or even smaller than that. i was using a lot of lush exfoliants and it irritated my skin horribly. This feels very clean and my face is very smooth after. i suffer from lots of blackheads on my nose where if i use my hand to feel my nose i can feel little bumps and spikes of tiny dots. after using this my nose is smooth and i cannot feel any bumps. its only 3.62 dollars at target and i must say it is worth it id even pay more for something like this. it didn't irritate my skin or my boyfriends ezcema. he suffers from sensitive skin that gets rashy and he is fine using this. Although it says its moderate exfoliant i don't recommend exfoliant every single day. Id use this maybe 2 times a week. i feel that too much scrubbing will be abbrasive for people with sensitive skin. I have oily combo sensitive skin and i break out when i over exfoliate.

edit: i only use this only on my nose twice a week and its been great. But.....when my bf uses this the bead gets into his eye and it made him traumatized enough to not use it again. LOL so be careful not to get the little beads in the eye it gets trapped and goes behind the eyeball. But the next day after he slept it was gone....anyways rinse well and close the eyes shut for this one!

Edit - been having congestion on yhebforehead and overall redness and just ugly bumps. Exfoliated with thjs and jt really worked.

on 11/5/2017 11:38:00 PM

Definitely a good scrub for the price, but you really have to rinse thoroughly to get the silica grit completely off. It’s particularly annoying having to “dust off” my face before applying moisturizer. I’m a one-swipe-and-done kind of girl, so that makes me kind of tepid toward this product.

on 9/4/2017 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I prefer this product as compared to the apricot scrub by St. Ives. It is a lot milder and less sharp as compared to the apricot one and is equally exfoliating.

This is the most superior product I think st ives makes. It actually exfoliates the skin without causing damage to the epidermis. I was weary to try this because of the incredible long term damage their apricot scrub can create. This product is always in my shower. I use this every time I shower and my skin is always flake free and never tight or dry. I use this solely in the shower, like many others have described, because it is incredibly difficult to remove all the fine exfoliant particles. Excellent. The salicylic acid is a waste because its only 1% and anyone whose educated knows that a cleanser doesn't stay in the skin long enough to do what they are intended to do. Other than that, it's great.

on 8/29/2017 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This scrub is great - it's cheap, smells good, isn't too harsh, and most of all, it works. While it has 1% salicylic acid, it isn't that powerful, so it won't completely purge your blackheads, ccs etc. like other BHA exfoliants will, but it definitely helps. I use this three times a week at night after washing my face and moisturize afterward and it definitely helps keep my acne problems in check. It leaves skin soft, smooth, and feeling very clean without annoying after-effects of irritation or redness. Definitely worth adding to your skincare routine for a gentle exfoliant that makes your skin feel fantastic!

on 3/17/2017 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a terrific scrub. I like the mild scent, the scrubbiness which, weirdly, I'll describe as smooth. It's not too hard or grainy or thick. Doesn't bother my sensitive skin. Great price

on 3/17/2017 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm enjoying this product. For a long time I was using another drugstore scrub with 1 percent salicylic acid, but that one was getting harder to find. I came across this one, and was pleased to find it was a couple dollars cheaper than the brand I had long been using, and I liked that it had green tea (how much, I'm not sure, but I like herbal treatments) and promised to calm some redness, which can be an issue for me.

I haven't used it a lot yet, but it feels both nicely scrubby but not too harsh. There's barely any scent to it, and even though the instructions say to limit use if skin feels too dry, I haven't noticed any issues, and my skin tends to be normal to dry. (Mostly dry in winter, and easing into normal for the warmer months.) I tend to apply this anywhere I am feeling a breakout start to erupt, and I let it sit on my face for a couple minutes, then use a bit more on my nose, cheeks and chin, for extra exfoliation. Afterwards my skin feels a bit smoother, and the breakout starts to settle down pretty fast.

I'm really happy with this. It smells alright, feels great, and calms my skin when pimples are imminent. And it's less than $5.

on 2/19/2017 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of the BEST and CHEAPEST face scrubs ever!! It works really well, smells great and gives the face & skin a refreshing hydrated feel

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Whenever I get clogged pores or congested skin I use this scrub to reduce the blackheads and calm the cystic acne that usually appears on my cheeks which has only been the case in the last year or two of my life (I'm sure this is hormonal as I approach menopause). I find the scrub is gentle if you use a light touch. The scent is very fresh and my skin feels very clean afterward. It can be a bit on the drying side and this is probably best suited for those with oily skin however, even those of us with dry skin can benefit from this scrub. I just make sure to use a hydrating moisturizer afterward and my skin normalizes. One thing to note, St. Ives scrubs can be difficult to completely rinse off. When I first started using them I would rinse my face, pat dry and when I'd apply moisturizer I could still feel the silica particles on my skin which was not enjoyable so be sure to rinse, rinse again, and then rinse some more. Aside from that one annoying trait, I recommend this (and the other scrubs), they are affordable and as long as you are gentle with your application they are great exfoliators.

on 1/7/2017 7:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Whilst I love this product, I much prefer the apricot face scrub that St Ives does.

I haven't noticed any reduction in redness, like it claims. In that way it works like any other scrub I have tried i.e. It just scrub's your face.

It doesn't irritate the skin and leaves a somewhat tight feeling on the face once washed away.

Whilst the consistency of the scrub is fine, again I prefer the apricot scrub's consistency and texture. It does not have a strong scent.

It does however reduce blemishes and my skin feels clean after using it.

The main reason I gave it 3 lipsticks is again due to my preference of the apricot face scrub St Ives does. I feel like whilst the green tea scrub cleans, the apricot scrub provides a more thorough clean.