St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

St. Ives Green Tea Scrub
Green Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea Scrub

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Purchased at: Target
Purchase Price: $3.00 on sale, plus tax

I have used the St. Ives Apricot Scrub but found it to be too harsh on the skin. I also tried the Oatmeal scrub and mask and found it to be a little too mild. Third time was a charm and the Green Tea scrub worked out just right. It is listed as a "moderate" scrub and I agree. It provides a nice scrub without feeling like I'm tearing at or damaging my skin. It definitely removes the dead skin cells and leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft. I use this when I take my showers since I find scrubs - in general - to be messy to try to rinse off at my sink. I gently run my fingers over my face as I rinse this. There have been occasions when I thought I had it all rinse off to find some hanging on around the curve of the nostril, so now I pay extra attention to those small areas (haven't had that issue before with the apricot scrub). I really enjoy the scent of this scrub and find it soothing when I use it. The tube claims that the product calms redness and I do have a lot of redness across my entire face (Rosacea runs in the family). It took several weeks of using this before I started to really notice a difference in the redness of my skin. I follow up the scrub with the Nivea Soft Cream moisturizer and gently pat it into my skin. My skin has undergone a transition since I've been using this: from very oily to dry (age related). And this scrub has worked for my skin under both extremes. Now I use it less frequently but it is still my HG drugstore scrub.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't live without this scrub. I use products on a daily basis that cause my skin to peel - retin-a and aha peels, so I need to exfoliate off the dead skin or I'd never have a smooth canvas to work with when I put on my makeup. I use this stuff 2 times a day, once in the morning and usually at night as well. I love that the little tiny micro scrubbies are small and fine and a smooth texture (unlike St. Ives apricot scrub - yuck that stuff scratches your skin so badly). Makes my skin smooth and sloughs off the dead skin. Great price too!

To Read all 362 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/10/2016 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have struggled with acne for quite a few years, at 27 it was a little embarrassing. I spent money on everything from shiseido, to Peter Thomas Roth, to Origins, to Clean & Clear. Something just kept clogging my pores or aggravating skin. Then I saw someone on Instagram mentioned they used this so I decided to try it, I use it twice a day, and I have not had one single blemish since I started. Even during my time of the month which is unheard of. Perhaps it's the mild exfoliating beads-something in this just completely cleared my acne. My skin is pretty sensitive and the twice a day exfoliation doesn't bother it. I would give this a try if you're stuck in the one and done trying of products: not only is this cheap, it really works. I pair it with olay anti aging moisturizer (fragrance free), and this random combo has saved my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to swear by the Apricot Scrub but it caused my skin to be irritated. This is my HG drugstore scrub! The exfoliators are way smaller and is perfect in clearing blackheads and dead skin.

on 8/13/2016 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this product. I'm almost done my first bottle and I already have another one ready to use. I got this scrub because the apricot one was, from what I've read online, bad for your skin on the long run, and I wasn't fond of the smell of the grapefruit one, and St Ives is the cheapest brand for scrubs at the drugstore. I enjoy the smell, even tho like with the apricot one, at the end of the bottle the product smelled different when it came in contact with water when I was in the shower. It's not a bad sent, just a bit weird. Like chlorine maybe? The scrub isn't too harsh for me, however keep in mind that I enjoyed the harshness of the apricot one. The consistency is quite creamy and the exfoliant is tiny, so I think most people won't find it harsh either. I've seen an improvement on the quantity of blackheads I have, though I'm not sure if it's thanks to this product or because I'm being more consistent with my skincare. On the bottle, it recommends to use twice daily, which I wouldn't recommend you do for any scrub.

Pros:
- Cheap
- Smells nice
- Not too harsh
- Softer, brighter skin afterwards

Cons:
- None

on 8/4/2016 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The one I purchased was labeled blackhead clearing rather than the blemish control in the picture but I'm sure it's the same thing. I love this scrub, it really did clear out my pores and help with acne. It was magic overnight but I was very consistent and use it along side my acne face wash and it worked like a charm.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If you are using on your body it's okay but not on your face. Leave flimsy residue that cause acne. Beware !

on 6/30/2016 1:16:00 PM

Okay... so, I have just repurchased this product. The last time I had it was about four to five months ago. Since then, I've tried the Biore Pore Unclogging scrub and a few other unmentionable ones. No scrub out there works as well for me as this one does. After so long without this green tea scrub, I washed my face with it last night, and already in the morning my skin looks so much better. Now I will not stray again.

I'm started using this when i have a horrible acne and terrible fkaling skin. This product is so wonderful and didn't irritated my skin like the apricot one. Even though it says for black head but i realized my skin felt better every time i used this. It reduce my acne, smooth my skin and reduce redness. loving it

on 6/5/2016 8:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

this is a great product. it has been my staple exfoliator for 3 years now. this one especially is AMAZING for blackheads. i recommend this to everyone. not all the scrubs have the same results though. they're all really great but i found since they all have different specialites some were more comfortable to me than others. this one and the fresh start one are really great.