St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

St. Ives Green Tea Scrub
Green Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea Scrub

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

on 11/5/2017 11:38:00 PM

Definitely a good scrub for the price, but you really have to rinse thoroughly to get the silica grit completely off. It’s particularly annoying having to “dust off” my face before applying moisturizer. I’m a one-swipe-and-done kind of girl, so that makes me kind of tepid toward this product.

on 9/4/2017 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I prefer this product as compared to the apricot scrub by St. Ives. It is a lot milder and less sharp as compared to the apricot one and is equally exfoliating.

on 3/17/2017 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a terrific scrub. I like the mild scent, the scrubbiness which, weirdly, I'll describe as smooth. It's not too hard or grainy or thick. Doesn't bother my sensitive skin. Great price

on 3/17/2017 2:07:00 PM

I'm enjoying this product. For a long time I was using another drugstore scrub with 1 percent salicylic acid, but that one was getting harder to find. I came across this one, and was pleased to find it was a couple dollars cheaper than the brand I had long been using, and I liked that it had green tea (how much, I'm not sure, but I like herbal treatments) and promised to calm some redness, which can be an issue for me.

I haven't used it a lot yet, but it feels both nicely scrubby but not too harsh. There's barely any scent to it, and even though the instructions say to limit use if skin feels too dry, I haven't noticed any issues, and my skin tends to be normal to dry. (Mostly dry in winter, and easing into normal for the warmer months.) I tend to apply this anywhere I am feeling a breakout start to erupt, and I let it sit on my face for a couple minutes, then use a bit more on my nose, cheeks and chin, for extra exfoliation. Afterwards my skin feels a bit smoother, and the breakout starts to settle down pretty fast.

I'm really happy with this. It smells alright, feels great, and calms my skin when pimples are imminent. And it's less than $5.

on 8/29/2017 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This scrub is great - it's cheap, smells good, isn't too harsh, and most of all, it works. While it has 1% salicylic acid, it isn't that powerful, so it won't completely purge your blackheads, ccs etc. like other BHA exfoliants will, but it definitely helps. I use this three times a week at night after washing my face and moisturize afterward and it definitely helps keep my acne problems in check. It leaves skin soft, smooth, and feeling very clean without annoying after-effects of irritation or redness. Definitely worth adding to your skincare routine for a gentle exfoliant that makes your skin feel fantastic!

This is the most superior product I think st ives makes. It actually exfoliates the skin without causing damage to the epidermis. I was weary to try this because of the incredible long term damage their apricot scrub can create. This product is always in my shower. I use this every time I shower and my skin is always flake free and never tight or dry. I use this solely in the shower, like many others have described, because it is incredibly difficult to remove all the fine exfoliant particles. Excellent. The salicylic acid is a waste because its only 1% and anyone whose educated knows that a cleanser doesn't stay in the skin long enough to do what they are intended to do. Other than that, it's great.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought a tube of this a few years ago when I was in the States. In the UK, we only seem to have the original St Ives Apricot Scrub available, so I was eager to try this to see how it would fare.

I’m pleased to report that I really like it! As others have already said here, this is defined as a ‘moderate’ exfoliator on the St Ives website, as opposed to the apricot one which is defined as ‘deep’. This version has a very fine grain to it, meaning it gently exfoliates my skin without scratching or stripping it, but still leaves it feeling thoroughly cleansed and very soft. And as someone with very sensitive skin, this doesn’t and never has made my skin react or break out either.

However, with the good points come a couple of not so good ones. First off, I only ever use this in the shower as it’s difficult to remove. I have to make sure to rinse my face thoroughly after I’ve used it, as on more than one occasion I’ve got out of the shower only to find some still on my face, especially in my eyebrows and on my eyelashes.

The other minor annoyance is the tube it comes in. It’s fine when the tube is fairly full, but once you get down to the last third it becomes increasingly difficult to squeeze out of the tube without it bending in such a way that nothing (or very little) comes out. This wouldn’t be such a problem with dry hands, but when you’re in the shower it can make for a few awkward moments, usually involving dropping it or causing it to shoot across the room!

Overall though, the good points far outweigh the bad and I would definitely repurchase this. In fact, I just have! I wish St Ives would widen their range in the UK, but until then I’ll have to make do with picking up a few tubes of this whenever I’m in the States.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Whenever I get clogged pores or congested skin I use this scrub to reduce the blackheads and calm the cystic acne that usually appears on my cheeks which has only been the case in the last year or two of my life (I'm sure this is hormonal as I approach menopause). I find the scrub is gentle if you use a light touch. The scent is very fresh and my skin feels very clean afterward. It can be a bit on the drying side and this is probably best suited for those with oily skin however, even those of us with dry skin can benefit from this scrub. I just make sure to use a hydrating moisturizer afterward and my skin normalizes. One thing to note, St. Ives scrubs can be difficult to completely rinse off. When I first started using them I would rinse my face, pat dry and when I'd apply moisturizer I could still feel the silica particles on my skin which was not enjoyable so be sure to rinse, rinse again, and then rinse some more. Aside from that one annoying trait, I recommend this (and the other scrubs), they are affordable and as long as you are gentle with your application they are great exfoliators.

on 1/7/2017 7:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Whilst I love this product, I much prefer the apricot face scrub that St Ives does.

I haven't noticed any reduction in redness, like it claims. In that way it works like any other scrub I have tried i.e. It just scrub's your face.

It doesn't irritate the skin and leaves a somewhat tight feeling on the face once washed away.

Whilst the consistency of the scrub is fine, again I prefer the apricot scrub's consistency and texture. It does not have a strong scent.

It does however reduce blemishes and my skin feels clean after using it.

The main reason I gave it 3 lipsticks is again due to my preference of the apricot face scrub St Ives does. I feel like whilst the green tea scrub cleans, the apricot scrub provides a more thorough clean.

on 2/19/2017 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of the BEST and CHEAPEST face scrubs ever!! It works really well, smells great and gives the face & skin a refreshing hydrated feel