St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 36-43
St. Ives Green Tea Scrub
Green Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea Scrub

3.8

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

on 3/17/2017 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm enjoying this product. For a long time I was using another drugstore scrub with 1 percent salicylic acid, but that one was getting harder to find. I came across this one, and was pleased to find it was a couple dollars cheaper than the brand I had long been using, and I liked that it had green tea (how much, I'm not sure, but I like herbal treatments) and promised to calm some redness, which can be an issue for me.

I haven't used it a lot yet, but it feels both nicely scrubby but not too harsh. There's barely any scent to it, and even though the instructions say to limit use if skin feels too dry, I haven't noticed any issues, and my skin tends to be normal to dry. (Mostly dry in winter, and easing into normal for the warmer months.) I tend to apply this anywhere I am feeling a breakout start to erupt, and I let it sit on my face for a couple minutes, then use a bit more on my nose, cheeks and chin, for extra exfoliation. Afterwards my skin feels a bit smoother, and the breakout starts to settle down pretty fast.

I'm really happy with this. It smells alright, feels great, and calms my skin when pimples are imminent. And it's less than $5.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought a tube of this a few years ago when I was in the States. In the UK, we only seem to have the original St Ives Apricot Scrub available, so I was eager to try this to see how it would fare.

I’m pleased to report that I really like it! As others have already said here, this is defined as a ‘moderate’ exfoliator on the St Ives website, as opposed to the apricot one which is defined as ‘deep’. This version has a very fine grain to it, meaning it gently exfoliates my skin without scratching or stripping it, but still leaves it feeling thoroughly cleansed and very soft. And as someone with very sensitive skin, this doesn’t and never has made my skin react or break out either.

However, with the good points come a couple of not so good ones. First off, I only ever use this in the shower as it’s difficult to remove. I have to make sure to rinse my face thoroughly after I’ve used it, as on more than one occasion I’ve got out of the shower only to find some still on my face, especially in my eyebrows and on my eyelashes.

The other minor annoyance is the tube it comes in. It’s fine when the tube is fairly full, but once you get down to the last third it becomes increasingly difficult to squeeze out of the tube without it bending in such a way that nothing (or very little) comes out. This wouldn’t be such a problem with dry hands, but when you’re in the shower it can make for a few awkward moments, usually involving dropping it or causing it to shoot across the room!

Overall though, the good points far outweigh the bad and I would definitely repurchase this. In fact, I just have! I wish St Ives would widen their range in the UK, but until then I’ll have to make do with picking up a few tubes of this whenever I’m in the States.

on 10/7/2011 9:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This stuff is AWESOME. I usually do not have problem skin but the past year had cystic type acne because of an allergy to silicone in face and hair products. It was taking forever to get rid of it and my skin was bumpy and had uneven tone. I tried this product after reading the review on here and I will continue to purchase it as it has saved me.

After the first use my skin felt smoother. After a week of using my skin was clearer, less red, more even looking. Even thou I have stopped using products that caused the allergy; this scrub helped my skin get back in shape and is also helping it stay there.

The smell was fine and the grain is not too harsh and washed away clean. I have combination skin and my skin did not feel tight or dry after using either. I want to try the face soap now because the scrub is so good. The other nice thing is a little goes a long way with this product. It is an awesome price for the amount you use.

on 5/3/2011 2:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Well...I thought this product sounded great so I gave it a try....Wrong!!!!
It really broke me out badly. Large cystic pimples and not in the normal break out areas. I was so surprised....I kept going back to it to make sure this was what was causing the breakouts and it was for sure. Too bad, because I liked the feel of the scrub and smell of it.