St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

Filtered by eye Color : Green
St. Ives Green Tea Scrub
Green Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea Scrub

4.2

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

on 3/17/2017 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm enjoying this product. For a long time I was using another drugstore scrub with 1 percent salicylic acid, but that one was getting harder to find. I came across this one, and was pleased to find it was a couple dollars cheaper than the brand I had long been using, and I liked that it had green tea (how much, I'm not sure, but I like herbal treatments) and promised to calm some redness, which can be an issue for me.

I haven't used it a lot yet, but it feels both nicely scrubby but not too harsh. There's barely any scent to it, and even though the instructions say to limit use if skin feels too dry, I haven't noticed any issues, and my skin tends to be normal to dry. (Mostly dry in winter, and easing into normal for the warmer months.) I tend to apply this anywhere I am feeling a breakout start to erupt, and I let it sit on my face for a couple minutes, then use a bit more on my nose, cheeks and chin, for extra exfoliation. Afterwards my skin feels a bit smoother, and the breakout starts to settle down pretty fast.

I'm really happy with this. It smells alright, feels great, and calms my skin when pimples are imminent. And it's less than $5.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought a tube of this a few years ago when I was in the States. In the UK, we only seem to have the original St Ives Apricot Scrub available, so I was eager to try this to see how it would fare.

I’m pleased to report that I really like it! As others have already said here, this is defined as a ‘moderate’ exfoliator on the St Ives website, as opposed to the apricot one which is defined as ‘deep’. This version has a very fine grain to it, meaning it gently exfoliates my skin without scratching or stripping it, but still leaves it feeling thoroughly cleansed and very soft. And as someone with very sensitive skin, this doesn’t and never has made my skin react or break out either.

However, with the good points come a couple of not so good ones. First off, I only ever use this in the shower as it’s difficult to remove. I have to make sure to rinse my face thoroughly after I’ve used it, as on more than one occasion I’ve got out of the shower only to find some still on my face, especially in my eyebrows and on my eyelashes.

The other minor annoyance is the tube it comes in. It’s fine when the tube is fairly full, but once you get down to the last third it becomes increasingly difficult to squeeze out of the tube without it bending in such a way that nothing (or very little) comes out. This wouldn’t be such a problem with dry hands, but when you’re in the shower it can make for a few awkward moments, usually involving dropping it or causing it to shoot across the room!

Overall though, the good points far outweigh the bad and I would definitely repurchase this. In fact, I just have! I wish St Ives would widen their range in the UK, but until then I’ll have to make do with picking up a few tubes of this whenever I’m in the States.

on 9/10/2016 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have struggled with acne for quite a few years, at 27 it was a little embarrassing. I spent money on everything from shiseido, to Peter Thomas Roth, to Origins, to Clean & Clear. Something just kept clogging my pores or aggravating skin. Then I saw someone on Instagram mentioned they used this so I decided to try it, I use it twice a day, and I have not had one single blemish since I started. Even during my time of the month which is unheard of. Perhaps it's the mild exfoliating beads-something in this just completely cleared my acne. My skin is pretty sensitive and the twice a day exfoliation doesn't bother it. I would give this a try if you're stuck in the one and done trying of products: not only is this cheap, it really works. I pair it with olay anti aging moisturizer (fragrance free), and this random combo has saved my skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I'm amazed at how much I love this! I actually purchased this product by mistake. I have enjoyed using St. Ives Apricot scrub for years. I was amazed how this scrub dramatically decreased my facial redness.

I wasn't a big fan of this. I purchased it because it claims to clear blackheads, but I didn't notice a difference after using it on a regular basis. It also smells really weird and unpleasant. I prefer the St. Ives Oatmeal Scrub/Mask.

Pros: Deep exfoliation, didn't dry out my skin.

Cons: Did not clear blackheads, bad smell.

on 9/27/2014 5:34:00 PM

This is a fantastic product. It's a little gentler than the apricot scrub, so it's perfect for me. I find I only need to use it every other day to remove built up skin cells. I always cleanse first to remove makeup and oils then very gently massage this over my face. With a subtle, fresh scent as well this product leaves my face feeling smooth and vibrant.

on 8/12/2014 5:39:00 PM

This is the best scrub I have ever used! It really cleans deep down to the pores and I have noticed a reduction in my blackheads. I have sensitive acne prone skin, and this doesnt irritate my skin or make me break out. I love this product!

I love this scrub! I have normal skin which is a bit on the oily side. This scrub exfoliated my skin nicely with out being overly aggressive like the apricot walnut shell scrub. Good price since I got this on sale...Nice scent too! UPDATE: I no longer use this, I think it was screwing up my skin

I was excited for this scrub because I've heard green tea is really soothing for the skin. I really liked it at first because the scrubbies were a nice size and not too harsh. Unfortunately the dry areas on my face started peeling after I would use this. I use my fingers to wash my face and it made the skin on my finger tips peel too. If you are anything but oily all over stay away.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I REALLY LOVE ST. IVES' PRODUCTS! I use this alternatively with my st. ives blemish control apricot scrub and blemish control gel green tea cleanser! I especially love the smell of this scrub and it has a more mild exfoliator compared to the apricot scrub. Although i cannot say that this product has helped in improving my acne, i could say that your money will not be wasted on this product because it truly cleanses the face and my skin always feels so smooth after using it!