Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Water Light daily face sunscreen spf 60

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Water Light daily face sunscreen spf 60

3.5

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After deciding I needed to step up my spf from 15 I decided to try this seeing as it was inexpensive and high spf. WHAT A MISTAKE. It only took me using it twice to throw it out. After about 5 minutes of having this on my face I could feel my skin beginning to burn, specifically on my cheeks/ under eye. After 10 minutes I had to run to the bathroom and frantically wash my face with cold water because the pain was unbearable. I was left with bright red, irritated skin. Yet I still decided to try it again but had the same results. After doing a little research I found that a lot of neutrogena products are actually really bad for your skin. Just a heads up!!! Be careful with this stuff!

on 5/29/2016 11:48:00 PM

Literally the best facial sunscreen I've ever tried. It's a milky fluid texture and disappears completely when you apply it to the skin. Absorbs pretty much immediately. Leaves the perfect base for makeup. Can be used along with your regular moisturizer, but I keep forgetting to do that because it leaves my skin feeling fine on it's own, not quite moist but not tight or dry either. I have a tendency to sweat sunscreens right off when it's hot out, but that doesn't happen with this sunscreen, which for me is reason enough to repurchase this as long as they make it. Doesn't sting my face at all or cause breakouts or irritation. Small size but because it's a liquid it's more economical then it seems since you only need a little bit for each use. Also the packaging design is perfect for travel since it won't leak, and it's small enough to toss in your purse. Love!

To Read all 21 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/8/2016 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Too many Chemicals

on 5/12/2013 7:57:00 AM

Absolutely love this product!

I have combination skin, but my skin is VERY prone to acne. When I was undergoing a bout of cystic acnes, my dermatologist recommended this sunscreen to me- and I never looked back.

The formula is extremely light and runny, and it does not make me break out at all. This in itself is fantastic for me, because I have gone through other sunscreens and had to throw them away because they broke me out. This is perfect: i've been using it for about two years now, and I keep repurchasing!

Don't think it works as a primer though, but definitely light enough to be layered under foundation. Haven't tried this though!

The product comes in a relatively small bottle (30ml), which is one of my biggest complaints about it. It's small, and good for travel, but relatively expensive for the price. It lasts me about two to three months with daily use.

on 7/18/2012 11:50:00 AM

After using this ONCE, I broke out in small pimples all over my face. Spent my whole vacation trying to heal my face. Not ok. Obviously will not be buying again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This comes in a small bottle that you need to shake before using. I had hoped it would be a (reasonable) dupe for the Sofina or Clarins' sunscreens that are packaged the same, but it is not. It goes on like a milky liquid, spreads well, does not contain alcohol and leaves no white cast. Unfortunately, this leaves a very greasy finish behind, and I got colour when wearing this sunscreen. I also have hesitation about the lengthy, very "chemical-ly" ingredient list.
Will not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this! The product is very milky in texture not thick and heavy. It glides onto the skin and soaks in. Its not tacky nor does it cast my skin white. My skin borders on dry and this does not dry me.
My skin is not acne prone so I can't say whether this is breakout potential. Its just awesome. High spf, provides a nice matte base for makeup application, and keeps my porcelain skin white and beautiful. Its a tad pricey for drugstoren but my face is worth it. And for the benefits, and how long It lasts....ill shell it out anyday. HG facial sunblock. I recommend this to all my friends.

on 8/28/2011 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this! I have acne prone skin and a lot of sunscreens make me break out - even mineral ones like zinc oxide.

I've found Neutrogena products in general really suit my skin.

Plus points:
-applies easily
-acts almost like a primer for make-up...this sunscreen is meant to be worn under make-up (says so on the packaging) - and actually helps make-up go on better
-very high spf
-doesn't break me out

One thing I do is I NEVER apply this directly to my bare skin. First I apply my moisturiser (Neutrogena oil-free) and THEN I apply this....I think the moisturiser acts as a barrier and prevents any potential break outs...However, I've never tried this without the moisturiser, so it may not break out when applied to my bare skin...I'd just rather be safe than sorry.

on 6/29/2011 12:28:00 PM

After just using it ONCE on a sunny, humid afternoon, it gave me a pimple on the forehead. Thank God nowhere else and I can easily cover up the zit with my bang. I hardly ever break out, so never again will this touch my face

on 6/6/2011 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This chemical sunscreen has a milky, fluid consistency, leaves no white cast, and has a satiny finish on the skin.

It does not dry my face nor feel greasy, though it does sting upon initial application (all chemical sunscreens do for me.) However, it feels fine after a few seconds, and my makeup applies easily over top.

This will be my daily summer sunscreen under makeup. I dislike the cap on the squeeze tube, since it is hard to put back on while you're balancing the little puddle of liquid in the palm of your hand, but the packaging is otherwise fine, if a bit on the small side.

I wish it didn't sting, but I will likely purchase this again for the higher SPF rating and the pleasant finish.

ETA: Took a lippie off because it does not work well if you're going to be doing heavy physical stuff and sweating a lot. It runs off, gets in your mouth and eyes, and that is gross. On a regular day, it's fine.