3.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

I’m an SPF fanatic. I’ve been using Shisedo’s SPF 50 for about a year now but was looking for a change, as it clings to dry skin like CRAZY and I’ve been a desert since starting retinol. I’ll begin by saying I’m extremely sensitive to a lot of sunscreens- I break out in pimples and blisters. But I’ve been using this product for a couple weeks now and had zero issues. Of course, that’s going to vary. Sunscreens for whatever reason seem to be the most divisive products due to skin idiosyncrasies. But so far my experience has been great. Zero white cast, doesn’t cling to dry skin. It maybe burns a bit going on. Not badly, but enough for me to notice. Then again, I’m using retinol as I said, so a lot of things can burn. As for price, this wasn’t super cheap when you consider that it’s 40ml, but it’s about in line with other high SPF products. And I can so rarely find an SPF this high. So overall, a really solid product for my skin type, so give it a go and see if it works for you!

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

After just using it once it gave me a pimples around my nose and cheeks. Didn't use it for a week ...faced cleared up. Tried it again... same thing happened small white pimples on my cheeks and around my nose. I never break out, so I believe it to be caused from the product. :(

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

After deciding I needed to step up my spf from 15 I decided to try this seeing as it was inexpensive and high spf. WHAT A MISTAKE. It only took me using it twice to throw it out. After about 5 minutes of having this on my face I could feel my skin beginning to burn, specifically on my cheeks/ under eye. After 10 minutes I had to run to the bathroom and frantically wash my face with cold water because the pain was unbearable. I was left with bright red, irritated skin. Yet I still decided to try it again but had the same results. After doing a little research I found that a lot of neutrogena products are actually really bad for your skin. Just a heads up!!! Be careful with this stuff!

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

4 years ago

Literally the best facial sunscreen I've ever tried. It's a milky fluid texture and disappears completely when you apply it to the skin. Absorbs pretty much immediately. Leaves the perfect base for makeup. Can be used along with your regular moisturizer, but I keep forgetting to do that because it leaves my skin feeling fine on it's own, not quite moist but not tight or dry either. I have a tendency to sweat sunscreens right off when it's hot out, but that doesn't happen with this sunscreen, which for me is reason enough to repurchase this as long as they make it. Doesn't sting my face at all or cause breakouts or irritation. Small size but because it's a liquid it's more economical then it seems since you only need a little bit for each use. Also the packaging design is perfect for travel since it won't leak, and it's small enough to toss in your purse. Love!

About reviewer (322 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

EyesHazel

Too many Chemicals

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

7 years ago

Absolutely love this product! I have combination skin, but my skin is VERY prone to acne. When I was undergoing a bout of cystic acnes, my dermatologist recommended this sunscreen to me- and I never looked back. The formula is extremely light and runny, and it does not make me break out at all. This in itself is fantastic for me, because I have gone through other sunscreens and had to throw them away because they broke me out. This is perfect: i've been using it for about two years now, and I keep repurchasing! Don't think it works as a primer though, but definitely light enough to be layered under foundation. Haven't tried this though! The product comes in a relatively small bottle (30ml), which is one of my biggest complaints about it. It's small, and good for travel, but relatively expensive for the price. It lasts me about two to three months with daily use.

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlack

EyesBlack

8 years ago

After using this ONCE, I broke out in small pimples all over my face. Spent my whole vacation trying to heal my face. Not ok. Obviously will not be buying again.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesGreen

2.0

8 years ago

This comes in a small bottle that you need to shake before using. I had hoped it would be a (reasonable) dupe for the Sofina or Clarins' sunscreens that are packaged the same, but it is not. It goes on like a milky liquid, spreads well, does not contain alcohol and leaves no white cast. Unfortunately, this leaves a very greasy finish behind, and I got colour when wearing this sunscreen. I also have hesitation about the lengthy, very "chemical-ly" ingredient list. Will not repurchase.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

8 years ago

I love this! The product is very milky in texture not thick and heavy. It glides onto the skin and soaks in. Its not tacky nor does it cast my skin white. My skin borders on dry and this does not dry me. My skin is not acne prone so I can't say whether this is breakout potential. Its just awesome. High spf, provides a nice matte base for makeup application, and keeps my porcelain skin white and beautiful. Its a tad pricey for drugstoren but my face is worth it. And for the benefits, and how long It lasts....ill shell it out anyday. HG facial sunblock. I recommend this to all my friends.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

Love this! I have acne prone skin and a lot of sunscreens make me break out - even mineral ones like zinc oxide. I've found Neutrogena products in general really suit my skin. Plus points: -applies easily -acts almost like a primer for make-up...this sunscreen is meant to be worn under make-up (says so on the packaging) - and actually helps make-up go on better -very high spf -doesn't break me out One thing I do is I NEVER apply this directly to my bare skin. First I apply my moisturiser (Neutrogena oil-free) and THEN I apply this....I think the moisturiser acts as a barrier and prevents any potential break outs...However, I've never tried this without the moisturiser, so it may not break out when applied to my bare skin...I'd just rather be safe than sorry.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm