100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Healthy Skin Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Dry
100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Healthy Skin Foundation
Fruit Pigmented Healthy Skin FoundationFruit Pigmented Healthy Skin FoundationFruit Pigmented Healthy Skin FoundationFruit Pigmented Healthy Skin Foundation

3.5

Not tested on animals

Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe Juice)1, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Extracts of Prunus Persica Fruit (Peach), Prunus Armeniaca Fruit (Apricot), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa Bean) and Lycium Barbarum Fruit (Goji Berry), Euterpe Oleracea Pulp (Acai) Oil, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract (Pomegranate Oil), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Extracts of Organic Camelia Sinensis Leaf Ferment (White Tea)2, Coffea Arabica (Coffee Cherry), Aristotelia Chilensis (Maqui Berry), Vitis Vinifera Skin (Muscadine Grape), Garcinia Mangosteen Peel (Mangosteen), Malpighia Punicifolia Fruit (Acerola), Sambucus Canadensis (Elderberry), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed, Lonicera Caprifolium (Japanese Honeysuckle) SUNSCREEN ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 15% Titanium Dioxide, 10% Zinc Oxide

on 4/22/2017 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I am intrigued by the new natural and organic foundations. I received a sample of the 100 Percent Pure Foundation at San Francisco International airport where they have a physical store. The SA matched me with Alpine Rose, one of their lightest shades and closest to my skin tone. The color was too light and slightly yellow for my cool undertone. I found it difficult to apply using my fingers due to the its consistency, thus I'd recommend a foundation brush for even application. I'd suggest this one for normal to slightly oily skin. Five lippies for the sanitary pump packaging and good selection of cheek and lip colors.

on 9/21/2016 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

My favourite full coverage foundation. They actually didn't have the right shade for my skin until they recently brought out a new shade called sand. I had tried samples before and loved them but had put off buying a bottle because they were either a bit too light and dark for my skin, so I jumped at the chance to buy 'sand' when I saw it.
I only really use it once a week when I go out somewhere, but I find it goes on best after I've applied a little face oil first. You don't need to use a lot to get good coverage and I love that it doesn't have any nasty chemicals and is cruelty free🐰. I can finally end my hunt for a natural, full coverage, vegan foundation that suits my skin!

Update: I found after a while of use this foundation was really accentuating the dry patches on my face, I was having to exfoliate almost every morning so it wouldn't stick to and make every little imperfection stand right out (I think my skin has become a bit dryer over the past few months). So I stopped using this one and found something better suited to me.

I'm so sad to be giving this product a bad review because I love the natural ingredients, but it just didn't work for me.

For reference I'm a pale neutral-toned Mac NC/NW 15 with dry, rosacean skin. Normally I like matte-finish foundations and I prefer yellow undertones to pink. So I thought this foundation might work for me based on the reviews. I got the lightest color, Creme. Sadly this is VERY yellow in undertone, almost olive, and makes me look unhealthy somehow. Even when I hold the bottle up to my face it doesn't look that yellow, but the undertones come out when applied.

Also it emphasized every single flake and almost-non-existent fine line on my face. I tried exfoliating and also wearing moisturizer underneath. In desperation (I so wanted this to work!) I even smeared some jojoba oil on my face and let it dry before applying. That almost worked but there was still something not quite right about the color and texture of this on me, and after several hours my face still looked dry. Like one other reviewer said, it was like it sucked all the moisture right out of my face. Much more so than the mineral powder makeup I use (Alima).

I would not recommend this makeup for anyone who has neutral or cool undertones in their skin, or for anyone with dry skin or over 35 (unless you have oily skin with no flaking issues). The 3 stars I gave it are for the natural ingredients, the coverage (including pore coverage) and the fact it did not aggravate my rosacea or cause breakouts.

on 10/10/2011 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Update Nov. 2016.
This is the only foundation I've bought again and again, 5 years and counting.
It covers very well, no need for concealer. It stays in place all day on my 47-year old skin with fine lines and wrinkles, no moving around. It looks natural. Good ingredients, no reaction. And they have extended the color selection since my original review so I have a perfect match.
What's the catch?
You need an unusual technique to apply it. No brushes or sponges will do, only fingers.
First, make sure skin is moisturized. Apply the foundation in a THIN layer FAST to a small area, blending it out to desired coverage. It dries very fast. Then take a little more, apply to a neighboring area and continue like that. You can build extra coverage, but make sure that you have a very thin layer on your finger and dab/stroke it on.
Found that it works very well over the argan oil SPF30 cream, a beautiful porcelain look.

The lightest shade is a little bit too dark and yellow for me, but much better than the tinted moisturizer. (edit Nov 2016, now they have Alpine Rose that is perfect for me)
The most important thing is: this does not break me out!
I have sensitive skin, and most (all?) conventional face creams leave my skin with little bumps. That goes for foundations too.
My skin is dry, this dries matte, no powder needed, until mid day, a bit on the nose.
Covers well, but takes a little extra effort to get even on drier parts.
I thought I could thin it out with the pomegranate spf moisturizer, but that made the texture almost unspreadable.
Wish it came in a slightly lighter and colder shade, but will repurchase, as it is the best i've found that doesn't break me out.
Love the concept of non harmful products!

Update 2011-12-29
I have nowwoejed selling makeup for 3 months, trying several high and low end brands, and my appreciation of this foundation continues to grow. It looks the most natural of all on my 42 year old skin, doesn't need powder, stays the same colour, stays on for 12-hour work days. And covers enough that I have no need for a concealer under my eyes.
It took some time to perfect application, it dries fast, so swift fingers directly on the skin in segments work. It is buildable after drying.
And it still doesn't break me out!

I've edited this review because I stopped using it and decided I should update. This make up has *great* ingredients and is probably better for your skin than most foundations, and it does look quite nice once you figure out the best way to apply, but unfortunately I do have some general complaints. For one thing the lasting power is just so so. If you are in for a daylight to dark day you will definitely have to be worried about what's going on with your face because it is not going to last. Also, like most 100% Pure products, it's a little pricey, especially if you are someone who operates on a tighter budget. Finally, although I am not sure this is the case now, but when I used this they were more often than not out of my color (white peach). It was frustrating because I would frequently run out waiting for them to get stock back in. It was all the time. So, although I do love the healthier ingredients and greatly appreciate the plant based aspect of this make up, I don't use anymore and don't recommend.

on 7/1/2010 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This has quickly become my top favorite foundation of all time. It contains acai berry, goji berry, coffee extract, pomegranate oil... it is a powerful skin care product combined with a foundation and sunblock. It's amazing. Luckily, I can easily wear the lightest color, Creme.

The texture is wonderful. It is thick, rich, and creamy, and blends very easily. I don't need much for full coverage. It conceals beautifully and stays on for hours. The ingredients are organic and sound like a fruit salad. I definitely feel as though I am getting some fantastic skin care benefits! It is actually worth the $32 price, because it's color and skin care and SPF all in one. I just love it so much! And it might last me at least a year!

The photo guide on the website is slightly misleading, however. Creme has a definite neutral to yellow undertone and would probably be too dark for the pale redhead featured in that photo guide. In fact, I would say that Creme might be more suited for the woman with the White Peach skin tone. I am extremely pale, but my undertones are neutral to yellow. So if you have definite pink undertones, you may be unable to find a matching shade.

Ingredients: Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe Juice)1, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Extracts of Prunus Persica Fruit (Peach), Prunus Armeniaca Fruit (Apricot), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa Bean) and Lycium Barbarum Fruit (Goji Berry), Euterpe Oleracea Pulp (Acai) Oil, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract (Pomegranate Oil), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Extracts of Organic Camelia Sinensis Leaf Ferment (White Tea)2, Coffea Arabica (Coffee Cherry), Aristotelia Chilensis (Maqui Berry), Vitis Vinifera Skin (Muscadine Grape), Garcinia Mangosteen Peel (Mangosteen), Malpighia Punicifolia Fruit (Acerola), Sambucus Canadensis (Elderberry), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed, Lonicera Caprifolium (Japanese Honeysuckle)
SUNSCREEN ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 15% Titanium Dioxide, 10% Zinc Oxide