100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Healthy Skin Foundation

100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Healthy Skin Foundation
Fruit Pigmented Healthy Skin FoundationFruit Pigmented Healthy Skin FoundationFruit Pigmented Healthy Skin FoundationFruit Pigmented Healthy Skin Foundation

3.9

Not tested on animals

Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe Juice)1, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Extracts of Prunus Persica Fruit (Peach), Prunus Armeniaca Fruit (Apricot), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa Bean) and Lycium Barbarum Fruit (Goji Berry), Euterpe Oleracea Pulp (Acai) Oil, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract (Pomegranate Oil), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Extracts of Organic Camelia Sinensis Leaf Ferment (White Tea)2, Coffea Arabica (Coffee Cherry), Aristotelia Chilensis (Maqui Berry), Vitis Vinifera Skin (Muscadine Grape), Garcinia Mangosteen Peel (Mangosteen), Malpighia Punicifolia Fruit (Acerola), Sambucus Canadensis (Elderberry), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed, Lonicera Caprifolium (Japanese Honeysuckle) SUNSCREEN ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 15% Titanium Dioxide, 10% Zinc Oxide

I have combination skin type that's a bit more on the dry side, so I like to mix half of this product with half of the 100% Pure tinted moisturizer (since I already owned both.) When I do this, it is not as dry or chalky; but rather it gives a nice dewy finish. In terms of coverage it is light to build able. Of course it would be nice if it had more coverage but it's not a major deal breaker for me since I'm not a fan of heavy foundation for every day use. It covers my redness, evens out my complexion and hyper pigmentation. It does not cover fully acne scars or sunspots or freckles, etc. (You can use concealer for this but I personally don't.) I use the color White Peach and it matched fairly well with my light Asian skin tone. I will say this color has pretty yellowy undertones.

I make sure that my skin is hydrated and moisturized before I put this on (argon oil) and then I use my fingers to tap and blend this into my skin like a creme moisturizer until it is all absorbed fully. I felt this method is what worked best for me rather then using a brush or sponge. I lightly put an all natural powder on top of this for days it is more humid.

The great thing about this product is it did not break me out. I have very sensitive, acne prone skin and the reason why I keep going back to this foundation is because of the healthy ingredients. I've tried so many foundations from Sephora and drugstore and it always ends up clogging my pores and making me breakout out with zits weeks and months later. This product doesn't do that and it is a good everyday foundation. I would highly recommend this product for someone who is looking for a somewhat light, every day foundation that is good for super sensitive, acne-prone skintype. If you want a really long-lasting, full coverage foundation and have really good skin and never break out, this will not be for you.

on 7/1/2010 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This has quickly become my top favorite foundation of all time. It contains acai berry, goji berry, coffee extract, pomegranate oil... it is a powerful skin care product combined with a foundation and sunblock. It's amazing. Luckily, I can easily wear the lightest color, Creme.

The texture is wonderful. It is thick, rich, and creamy, and blends very easily. I don't need much for full coverage. It conceals beautifully and stays on for hours. The ingredients are organic and sound like a fruit salad. I definitely feel as though I am getting some fantastic skin care benefits! It is actually worth the $32 price, because it's color and skin care and SPF all in one. I just love it so much! And it might last me at least a year!

The photo guide on the website is slightly misleading, however. Creme has a definite neutral to yellow undertone and would probably be too dark for the pale redhead featured in that photo guide. In fact, I would say that Creme might be more suited for the woman with the White Peach skin tone. I am extremely pale, but my undertones are neutral to yellow. So if you have definite pink undertones, you may be unable to find a matching shade.

Ingredients: Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe Juice)1, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Extracts of Prunus Persica Fruit (Peach), Prunus Armeniaca Fruit (Apricot), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa Bean) and Lycium Barbarum Fruit (Goji Berry), Euterpe Oleracea Pulp (Acai) Oil, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract (Pomegranate Oil), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Extracts of Organic Camelia Sinensis Leaf Ferment (White Tea)2, Coffea Arabica (Coffee Cherry), Aristotelia Chilensis (Maqui Berry), Vitis Vinifera Skin (Muscadine Grape), Garcinia Mangosteen Peel (Mangosteen), Malpighia Punicifolia Fruit (Acerola), Sambucus Canadensis (Elderberry), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed, Lonicera Caprifolium (Japanese Honeysuckle)
SUNSCREEN ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 15% Titanium Dioxide, 10% Zinc Oxide

on 5/12/2010 4:50:00 PM

Finally, an all natural foundation with full coverage that really works! I have tried them all, and this is the only one that I have really liked. I was using Tarte, however their ingerdients were not all 100% natural, but at least not filled with parabens. However the silicone in it did give me some clogged pores. This 100% foundation works well with the primer (see my other review). It goes on liquid then turns into a powdery finish. I did not need powder on top of this. It does turn to powder very quickly, so you do have limited time for blending. This works great on my oily skin (only had to blot once today, versus 4-5 time per day). If you have dry skin this may not work for you. It says on the website it is a satin finish, but i think it is more matte. The price tag is a little hefty, but I will definitely repurchase.

on 12/24/2013 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the best "natural" foundation I've used. I've tried both Vapour stick,and liquid founation, Nvey Eco, RMS Uncover, Juice Beauty CC creme, Physicians Formula TM and various mineral powders. The only issue may be finding your color match. I've tried Creme, and White Peach (i'm nc/nw20) and creme is probably the best match for my winter skin. White peach will work in the summer better. I find the finish is more matte than satin. I have normal to dryish skin in the winter. I use a moisturizer underneath and it stays on all day. Glad I found this!

on 4/3/2012 3:12:00 AM

I bought this foundation for 4 times for the past 3 years. The reason why I keep purchasing this is because I have not find a better "All natural" foundation that works for my skin.

Package:
When it first came out, the cheap plastic packaging would crack & the pump did not work well. The company upgraded the package & it's a lot better than before although the pump still doesn't pump very smoothly.

Texture:
This foundation is NOT SUITABLE for DRY SKIN. The texture of this foundation seems creamy when you first pump it out. As soon as you spread it on your face, it turns into a "dry powdery" streak so your face MUST be moisturize before applying this product & you will need to work very fast when you spread this foundation on your face. I'm using Tazorac (retinol cream) to treat acne so my face is dry & peels during the day although I have oily skin. This foundation makes my skin EVEN DRIER!! It sucks out all the moisture on my skin and ENHANCES my wrinkles, dry skin patches, and cracks. I wouldn't recommend this foundation if you have dry skin. It's VERY HARD to BLEND because it doesn't contain silicons, synthetic fatty alcohols or fatty acids that gives you a smooth glide & conceals pores. I like this foundation because unlike other "natural foundations", it does not contain cocoa butter, algae extracts or other natural ingredients that will cause cystic acne. Many "natural" foundations or Asian BB creams actually contain these ingredients so I can't use them at all.

Pros: I give 3 stars for the following reasons. Great natural & some organic ingredients in this foundation with reasonable price (compare to other brands that charges a lot). It's fragrance free, silicon free and paraben free!! I feel better about using this on my skin on a long term basis than putting something with lots of unknown chemicals for years.

Cons: Poor color selection compare to other brands of foundations on the market. It makes your skin appears very dry & dehydrated if you have dry skin or if your skin is not well moisturized. This foundation also clogs my pores and give me blackheads. The finish is extremely "MATTE" and "CAKEY" (although the package says it's "satin" finish) and does not create a smooth finish, so if you have fine lines, this foundation will enhance your fine lines.

FYI: my skin type is moderately oily and large pores around the T-zone with deep ice pick and rolling scars around the T-zone. I have sensitive DRY cheeks that are prone to irritation and fragrance products. I get rash around my hair lines if I use the wrong skin care product. I suffer from acne for more than 15 years, and have been using Retinol cream to help control acne for 6 years.

Update 4/28/2013: I found a perfect way to apply this foundation when my skin is VERY DRY from retinol treatment. I apply sunscreen first, then 2 pumps of 100% pure Primer & let it set for ~1 min. Then I mix 1 pump of foundation plus 2 drops of Jojoba oil (the ratio of this mixture gives me a medium coverage) & apply the mixture on my face using a "Gentle Patting Motion" so I don't get streaks on my face. My face looks more dewy and moisturized with this application process, but NOT MATTE at all (I don't like MATTE finish foundation because it enhances the look of my fine lines). I only put on 1 layer of the foundation mixture because I don't like the heavy makeup look!

Update 7/15/2013: I dropped my rating from 4 stars to 3 stars. I had to stop using this foundation because I did eventually have little white bumps and endless blackheads on my nose. Adding oil and using 100% pure primer with this foundation makes my face look greasy and thick over time. It's not long lasting and makes my pores look very large and congested. Unfortunately, I had to switch back to Shiseido's Dual Balancing foundation. It gives me a better coverage and a smooth finish. I also don't have to go through so much trouble to make it work for me.

on 10/21/2010 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Best foundation I have used! Definitely REAL full coverage, a very natural finish, oil-controlling, and unlike most full coverage foundations I find it very easy to blend and take your time with (it doesn't set right away). It's very true that you don't need to set this with powder at all, because it has a nearly-matte kind of powder-like finish. This is the first foundation that makes that claim that I've found to be honest!

However I have very acne-prone skin and I feel it has been clogging my pores a bit. No big breakouts or zits but tiny milia-like bumps. I think this is probably because my cleanser and moisturizer are all-natural too so I probably have too much oil in my routine (this foundation has pomegranate and acai oil). I've been using this for over a month now and when I noticed it might be clogging my pores I started removing all the foundation with a makeup wipe before cleansing at night. This has helped a lot! I think I was maybe just not getting it off well enough (because it is very long wearing and difficult to remove with just a cleanser, even a good cleanser. Sadly I think it may still be too much for my clog-prone skin to use on a daily basis (though I'm struggling to stop because it is the best looking makeup I've ever used!) I think I may just reserve it for special occasions when I want to look my best. Or see if changing my skincare routine will help. That is how good this stuff is, I'm willing to go to that trouble to keep using it!

I love that it has a pump, though the packaging seems a little cheap... the plastic bottle top on one of my bottles got a small crack in it when I put the cap back on because it seems to be the kind of plastic that cracks easily.

A tip on shades --- I got Golden Peach first, then Peach Bisque which is my real match. Oddly, Golden Peach is more of a cool/neutral medium shade and Peach Bisque is a much more yellow/warm fair-to-light/light-medium shade. Oddly named... but they accept returns/exchanges within 30 days!

EDIT 11/13/10--- I have no problems with blending/application, using the Sonia Kashuk flat top brush to apply the foundation, by picking it up from the back of my hand. I need 2 pumps for complete coverage.

Also... OMG I found a store by my work that carries all of 100% Pure's makeup and skin care! It's Beauty 360 -- part of some CVS stores. It's like a separate little beauty boutique connected to the CVS! I was able to see all the shades in person and I think White Peach, a lighter shade, may be an even better match for me. They even do facials at Beauty 360... so you may want to find out if any CVS stores in your area have a Beauty 360 :) My local store also gives you $25 for each $100 you spend, and $25 when you buy a facial! Facials are typically priced, around $60-70. There goes my pay check... ;)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

WOW, where do I start. What a GREAT foundation. It IS my new favorite foundation. I have tried all the ones that the youtube gurus rave over like MUF HD foundation etc but none of them come close to this one! When Applied with a stippling brush ( I use the Sigma Flat top synthetic F80 ) it looks as good as my airbrush makeup!!! There are a few tricks to this foundation to get it PERFECT - It dries fast so you have to use a good moisturizer underneath or mix it with one and do small areas at a time. Use a stippling brush. AND dont use a ton of product...ive never seen a foundation have such thick coverage with using so little product and ending up looking like there's nothing on your face. At first when I put it on my hand i though it looked too peachy on my yellowy olive skin but when i applied it like i said above...it was a perfect match. It does look matte so again use a maisturizer or a fix spray afterwards but if you live in a humid climate it would be even more flawless. No powder needed to set, no need for concealer as it does it all...AND its all natural...Im all about natural. The only draw back..the price. BUT its comparable to MUF and MAC pricing and its natural and an amazing product. If you get a chance to try it...do! PS - Colors run a little on the light side so which ever one you think you are, you might be one darker...I was...Im caucasian with olive skin with a regualr tan (not a mega-tan )and Im into golden peach moving onto toffee.

on 4/21/2013 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I can see why this got high ratings, but I still think Covergirl 3 in 1 is better for long wear.

First thing to know: this is NOT for dry skin of any kind. This is an extreme matte finish and it dries very quickly upon application. More matte than MUFE Velvet +. Texture is drier than Estee Lauder DL. I would call this foundation a densely concentrated LIQUID POWDER.

Coverage is full, although I had to dab a little more on my darkest scars. The finished look is similar to Covergirl 3 in 1, but because this has a thinner consistency than CG it doesn't get as patchy as CG does around my nose and doesn't suck onto my moisturizer and cake up. However, I noticed that it doesn't hold up well throughout the day as well as CG 3 in 1 (probably because CG contains primer properties). It does also have that unavoidable ugly flatness/grey cast that every ultra-matte foundation has. I would not use this for photos.

So it's not perfect, but pretty impressive for an "all-natural" foundation. I tend to find that cosmetics labeled "all natural" are usually subpar in quality, with zero coverage. This one is an exception.

I am around NC25-30 now and I got this in Peach Bisque, which is a tad too dark for me (more on the NC30-NC35 side IMO). It's very yellow in undertone. Color range is limited.

I normally don't care about packaging, but one gripe is that the pump doesn't have a long tube that extends to the bottom of the canister. It is a short-cut tube, which means you have to store it upside or shake real hard before each use to round up the foundation in the pump.

on 6/10/2012 12:01:00 PM

I wish that I could wear this, because it is made from fruit and aloe. That sounds so nice.
FINISH
It comes out a liquidy cream. Then it dries very powdery, but if you put it on correctly, it will still look ok.
BLEND
It is very difficult to blend. It is powdery and dries really fast.
BREAKOUT
Foundation reacts differently with everyone's skin, and this one clogged my pores. I broke out with acne cysts.
COLOR
I am really pale with cool undertones. I had the lightest color, Cream, and it was still way to dark and way to yellow.

I would not buy this again. I have a friend who LOVES this make up and wont even try other kinds. So, if you are interested in trying it, they will refund if you are dissatisfied, so I say it is worth a try.

on 8/11/2010 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I took a chance and bought this after reading the reviews on here. And I have to say, this makeup is fantastic!!! This is my first review of anything on here, so forgive me if I seem to jump all over the place.

I used mineral makeup for a couple of years and started getting severe cystic acne. I switched to mineral makeup that did not have bismuth oxychloride, and my acne subsided for a week, then flared back up. I quit using mineral makeup altogether, but I did not want to go back to normal liquid foundation, because I do not like the way it feels. I wanted a makeup that did not have parabens, or any other crazy chemicals.

I guess I should start with the application of this. I used one pump of the foundation, in a plastic tin. I dabbed a dry foundation brush in the foundation and put a small amount of the foundation on it, and applied to my face one section at a time. The makeup dries quickly, and it feels like you have nothing on. I apply a second coat to my acne scars with a small concealer brush and it covers them beautifully.

I have combination skin with a very oily t-zone, that usually starts getting oily within 30 minutes of washing, especially my forehead. With this makeup, four hours later, my forehead was *slightly* dewy, but not greasy looking. My cheeks, however, felt tight, and I had some dry skin around my old blemishes that looked flaky. So I would strongly suggest moisturizing any dry areas before applying this makeup.

The foundation lasted me all day (9 hours), did not fade, which is great, considering I live in Alabama. Last week we had record high temperatures and high humidity, and this foundation powered through, sweat and all.

I bought white peach, which at first glance, seemed too light for me. (I have fair skin with freckles, but tan slightly in the summer) After I applied it, it blended nicely into my skin and looked natural.

Some things I don't like are: I think its a little pricey, for the little bottle you get. Another thing I don't like is the pump squirts out a lot of foundation. A little of this stuff goes a long way, and I hate to waste it. Other than that, the foundation itself is GREAT and I plan on buying this again.

I just wanted to add that one day this week I applied Aveda SPF 70 about 30 minutes before I put this foundation on. The foundation *still* performed very well!

Just a forewarning...I think this foundation is *awesome* for oily skinned gals. If you tend to have dry skin, I can't stress enough to moisturize before you apply this!