Essie Turquoise & Caicos

Essie Turquoise & Caicos

3.8

on 7/31/2016 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Turquoise & Caicos is a simple turquoise crème polish that came out a few years ago. I have had this in my untrieds and finally pulled it out to wear when I saw it featured on Phoebe Moon's YouTube channel on her Saturday Swatchfest. While I like the color, it isn't anything new and it's a plain turquoise crème. In some photos I've seen what appears to be shimmer in the polish, but on me and in person, I don't see any. This is a mint green more than it's blue. It's a warm color and when I got this on, I thought of China Glaze's For Audrey and Wet n' Wild's I Need a Refreshment. I pulled those from my stash, and they are indeed almost dupes. They are so close that if you have those, you don't need this one. In fact, this one has a terrible watery sheer formula and while the end result is pretty, it takes 4 good coats of this to get opacity. Four coats from a salon formula $9 polish!! That is two coats too many. If you like this color, skip this one and buy China Glaze's For Audrey instead and save a couple of dollars, or Wet n' Wild's I Need a Refreshment for only $2. I'll use this up but I wouldn't recommend this to a friend due to the sheer formula and the number of coats needed.

on 1/17/2016 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This was a beautiful color in the bottle, but sadly was a dud on me. I have medium olive hands, and it just looked dull and not at all vibrant on me. The formula was good, however it was sheer and needed to be built up with 4 coats to reach full opacity. Unfortunately, I would not buy again.

I notice a lot of people mentioning how watery and difficult the formula is and I have to agree. The color is cute (even though my husband hates this color) but it takes multiple coats and an hour of dry time to get it perfect :(

on 9/18/2015 9:25:00 PM

Absolutely terrible formula... one of the worst Essies out there. So watery it's almost impossible to keep it from pooling in your cuticles, and then it takes forever to dry. Color is quite nice, but I'd much rather use a close dupe.

on 8/9/2015 10:56:00 AM

This was an Essie fail for me, the formula is so thin and watery. Very difficult to work with. And the color didn't wow me either, I thought it was a little tired and blah. There are a million turquoise cremes out there, it's not hard to find one that's better than this. I prefer China Glaze's For Audrey or Essie's Where's My Chauffeur.

I wouldn't buy this one again.

on 7/5/2015 2:41:00 PM

Love the color, perfect for summer, but it took 4 good coats to get it so I couldn't see right through it. Now that it's done, it's a gorgeous blue/green that really pops in the sun! Just be sure to set aside a good hour to do those multiple coats. Probably won't repurchase

on 4/7/2015 10:21:00 PM

I repurchased a second bottle after my initial one got low. The formula isn't as bad as other essie polishes but it's still streaky and thin; it needs 3 coats. Overpriced for such a crappy quality but the color is just perfection. Wear time actually lasts pretty decently for me.

on 3/29/2015 7:57:00 PM

I recently purchased this polish and was very disappointed- the color looks gorgeous in the bottle, but it does not apply that way! It takes multiple coats to be opaque, so you need to have a lot of time and patience (not to mention very steady hands).
There are better formulas than this.

on 1/12/2015 12:48:00 AM

Love this polish for spring and summer.
Looks flattering on pale skin and the formula is pretty good.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

The formula is horrible! Its streaky,takes hours to dry & the color pulls murky on me.Wasted $9 including tax.