John Frieda Smooth Start Shampoo: Hydrating for Extra-Dry Hair

Filtered by hair type : Curly
No Image

3.5

Water, sodium laureth sulfate, sodium lauryl sulfate, cocamidopropyl bethaine, olea eruopaea (olive) fruit oil, cocamide mea, fragrance sodium chloride, glycol distearate, benzyl alcohol polyquaternium-10, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, silicone quaternium-18, malic acid, sidosium EDTA, sodium xylenesulfonate, trideceth-6, trideceth-12, glycine, bis-methoxypropylamido isodocosane, DMDM hydantoin, methylparaben, propylparaben

on 3/6/2011 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Let me just say that I should be happy that I even have hair. A year ago, I straight-permed my hair. Now I straighten my hair often to hide my frizzy roots and I color it frequently.

So, I tried this and the first thing I noticed was the smell. I'm rather fond of it because it isn't fruity like 97% of all the other shampoos. It kind of reminded me of D&G Light Blue.

Throughout the course of using this, I noticed that my hair improved greatly. It was softer, shinier and overall, in better condition. And this was even without the extra leave-in conditioner.

I made the mistake of trying to find a cheaper shampoo. I'm trying to get rid of it now but I will definitely going back to buy it!

on 11/19/2010 1:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This shampoo has an odd texture -- sort of gluey. However, when you lather it into your hair, this isn't a problem. The problem lies in the fact that this is marketed as a hydrating shampoo for extra-dry hair, but it provides no more hydration than any other shampoo yet costs twice as much. (For example - the Herbal Essence Shampoos have 12 ounces versus the 10 ounces in Smooth Start, yet cause several dollars less.) This did not give my curly hair a "Smooth Start". I will finish this tube, but will not repurchase.