John Frieda Smooth Start Shampoo: Hydrating for Extra-Dry Hair

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
No Image

3.4

Water, sodium laureth sulfate, sodium lauryl sulfate, cocamidopropyl bethaine, olea eruopaea (olive) fruit oil, cocamide mea, fragrance sodium chloride, glycol distearate, benzyl alcohol polyquaternium-10, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, silicone quaternium-18, malic acid, sidosium EDTA, sodium xylenesulfonate, trideceth-6, trideceth-12, glycine, bis-methoxypropylamido isodocosane, DMDM hydantoin, methylparaben, propylparaben

on 1/7/2011 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My hair is coarse, thick and has a tendency to be dry. I also color and heat style, so it takes a beating. I like something that helps my hair maintain color and stay sleek and smooth. I'm reasonably happy with this. The shampoo is kind of opaque - not clear and not really milky - and lathers really well. It smells great - kind of a fresh scent - and rinses pretty clean. I don't feel any buildup or coating after use. I don't think it is moisturizing at all, as it does leave my hair feeling somewhat stripped and lightly tangled. However, after following up with the conditioner, my hair is super smooth and silky, and flat ironing is a breeze. My hair looks shiny and soft. I would not recommend this on extremely dry hair, or for someone who washes daily, but otherwise I think it is just fine. I might repurchase.

on 12/28/2010 1:32:00 PM

I didn't have any issues with this product but did not feel that it was particularly good at cleansing... My hair was really smooth though and easier to style. I liked the smell and did not have any problems w/the packaging.

on 7/19/2010 10:37:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This did exactly the opposite of what it was supposed to. My hair was poufier like it had some kind of a coating on it and wouldn't lie down flat even after straightening it with a flatiron. The hair strands themselves were not frizzy, but the overall effect was, because my hair would not go vertical. As soon as I resumed using my regular shampoo, the problem went away. I'm using it to wash my hand laundry now.

I bought this shampoo and conditioner because I really needed some heavy silicone to fill in my chipped cuticles. It was okay, but not anything special. It was moisturizing, but not amazingly so. The main reason I don't really use this anymore is because it smells AWFUL. It smells like watered down men's cologne.

on 6/19/2010 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I have colored hair. This shampoo (along with the conditioner) leave my hair softer THAN ANYTHING I'VE EVER TRIED. It is thick, lathers well and instantly leaves my hair softer. I stopped using it after I ran out to see if this was what made my hair so soft and manageable. My hair went back to it's dry, crispy self. So I used it again and my hair was great again.