John Frieda Smooth Start Shampoo: Hydrating for Extra-Dry Hair

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

3.5

Water, sodium laureth sulfate, sodium lauryl sulfate, cocamidopropyl bethaine, olea eruopaea (olive) fruit oil, cocamide mea, fragrance sodium chloride, glycol distearate, benzyl alcohol polyquaternium-10, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, silicone quaternium-18, malic acid, sidosium EDTA, sodium xylenesulfonate, trideceth-6, trideceth-12, glycine, bis-methoxypropylamido isodocosane, DMDM hydantoin, methylparaben, propylparaben

on 12/28/2010 1:32:00 PM

I didn't have any issues with this product but did not feel that it was particularly good at cleansing... My hair was really smooth though and easier to style. I liked the smell and did not have any problems w/the packaging.

on 11/19/2010 1:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This shampoo has an odd texture -- sort of gluey. However, when you lather it into your hair, this isn't a problem. The problem lies in the fact that this is marketed as a hydrating shampoo for extra-dry hair, but it provides no more hydration than any other shampoo yet costs twice as much. (For example - the Herbal Essence Shampoos have 12 ounces versus the 10 ounces in Smooth Start, yet cause several dollars less.) This did not give my curly hair a "Smooth Start". I will finish this tube, but will not repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great hydrating shampoo, the best hydrating shampoo Ive found so far. It has olive oil in it, and it really smooths the hair and calms frizz. Im using it with the conditioner which is also packed with olive oil. my hair loves olive oil. I was using matrix biolage balm but I think I will replace it with this smooth start conditioner.

on 5/2/2010 4:40:00 PM

I was looking for a delicate shampoo that would cleanse my hair without being too rough (like typical drug store brands) and that would also moisturize my hair (without the price of salon brands). Thanks to a recommendation from Paula Begoun, I found it with this product. This shampoo is silky, lathers well and leaves my hair feeling cleansed but not stripped. I follow this up with Neutrogena's Triple Moisture Hair Mask and my hair is smoother and more lush with less frizz. The only thing I don't like about this shampoo is the packaging. Of course I keep it in my shower and the cap always fills with tepid water which is gross. I would have preferred a typical bottle to the squeeze-tube.

I highly recommend this product as a nice bridge between drug store and salon brands. I will re-purchase.