John Frieda Smooth Start Shampoo: Hydrating for Extra-Dry Hair

Filtered by age: 19-24
No Image

Water, sodium laureth sulfate, sodium lauryl sulfate, cocamidopropyl bethaine, olea eruopaea (olive) fruit oil, cocamide mea, fragrance sodium chloride, glycol distearate, benzyl alcohol polyquaternium-10, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, silicone quaternium-18, malic acid, sidosium EDTA, sodium xylenesulfonate, trideceth-6, trideceth-12, glycine, bis-methoxypropylamido isodocosane, DMDM hydantoin, methylparaben, propylparaben

on 3/6/2011 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Let me just say that I should be happy that I even have hair. A year ago, I straight-permed my hair. Now I straighten my hair often to hide my frizzy roots and I color it frequently.

So, I tried this and the first thing I noticed was the smell. I'm rather fond of it because it isn't fruity like 97% of all the other shampoos. It kind of reminded me of D&G Light Blue.

Throughout the course of using this, I noticed that my hair improved greatly. It was softer, shinier and overall, in better condition. And this was even without the extra leave-in conditioner.

I made the mistake of trying to find a cheaper shampoo. I'm trying to get rid of it now but I will definitely going back to buy it!

on 7/14/2010 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was a huge fan of John Frieda's Luxurious Volume conditioner, but it's been discontinued!!! I tried this conditioner hoping it would be half as good... Boy, was I disappointed! It really doesn't moisturize any better than your average conditioner and IT SMELLS SO BAD! no thanks

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great hydrating shampoo, the best hydrating shampoo Ive found so far. It has olive oil in it, and it really smooths the hair and calms frizz. Im using it with the conditioner which is also packed with olive oil. my hair loves olive oil. I was using matrix biolage balm but I think I will replace it with this smooth start conditioner.