Palmer's Coconut Oil Deep Conditioning Protein Pack

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Palmer's Coconut Oil Deep Conditioning Protein Pack

3.8

Water (Aqua), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-40 Stearate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Behenyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Nonfat Dry Milk (Sine Adipe Lac), Hydrolyzed Silk, Stearalkonium Chloride, Pentylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Decylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Acetate, Cellulose, Quaternium-26, Myristyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethyl Cetearamidopropyldimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If youve not read any of my previous reviews then it would be difficult for you to understand the absolute torture i put my hair through. Literally it astounds those around me im not bald like..half a decade back.
Anyways, you get the gist. Lately ive been trying to grow it out from a pixie and keep the abuse to a dull roar. Still, now a chin length bob, i get that insatiable desire to color, highlight (but then what are highlights without lowlights?!) and then circle always back to a facsimile of my "natural hair color", a medium auburn, where i currently reside.

Compound that impulse with daily washings, blow dryings, and straightening, my hair has been course, lacking volume, and the ends fried. Painting a pretty fantastic picture ay?

So anyways saw this at Walmart three days ago for 1.49 in the "ethnic hair" section and decided; why the feck nat?

I shampooed then towel dried and slathered this on. Half a packet saturated my hair (i doused both roots and ends, greasy scalp so be it), wrapped in the Walmart bag i toted it home in, and covered that with the ever elegant Towel Headdress.
Literally I was bored and expected NOTHING.

An hour later I washed my hair, slip was meh (i like slip :B and let it air dry before blowing out. I did not apply leave in, only because I forgot, and only a teensy amount of garnier oil (the one in the orange rectangular packaging) to the super fried bits.

Holy. Fuck. Im sorry but explectives are necessary. My hair is literally. LITERALLY 95% new. I mean volume, i mean bounce, and shine and SOFT. Its like going to pet a barbed wire wrapped ball of hay but finding oneself touching kitten fur. Like soft and fluffy and (probably) purring.
.anyways, the real and total cementing of the awe was when i slept with my styled bob and instead of waking up to a completely different mangled atrocity, IT WAS THE SAME BOUNCY, SHINY, soft masterpiece it was before.
Not greasy or stiff or dull.

Im prfoundly impressed and will never. EVER recommend anything otherwise for hair that is damaged.
The product itself is all natural blah blah blah and i vaguely remember most of the first 6 ingredients being natural/various oils.
I am not a fan of the residual coconut oil smell, its not synthetic but that rich buttery smell but fuck my nose. My hair looks and feels fantastic. No product has even come near these results.

All in all, holy grail. Hands down.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This brilliant product is a sulfate and paraben free hair protein treatment. Perfect for those curlyl girl method fans out there. I loved the results on my blonde highlighted hair. Far superior to the very expensive Philip Kingsley Elastizer that i have been using lately. I have long curly hair which is fine and prone to frizz and although my hair is in good condition and frequently moisturised it didnt feel or look good. After leaving this in my hair for about 20 minutes the results were amazing, My hair had the most perfectly defined frizz free curls. I couldnt get over the difference in my hair. Needless to say it smells coconutly gorgeous and one satchet will easily get me two treatments out of it, bargain price too. It has a very thick consistency and doesnt feel like most conditioners in your hair, you definitely couldnt comb this through your hair but when rinsed out your hair feels very soft again and very strong. I hardly ever leave reviews but want to let you ladies and of course any gents just how good this stuff is. I have already ordered more and hope to see even better results with long term use. Just wish you could buy this in a tub.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After double processing my hair I knew I needed a protein treatment. I saw this at Target and grabbed it up at $1.50. Couldn't beat it if I tried. I used half a pack on my shoulder lenghth, towel-dried hair. Bagged and wrapped in a towel for 30 minutes. This stuff smells like vacation. Coconutty and yummy. The smell lingers after dried. Now, yes, this is a deep conditioning treatment. But like with every other protein treatment you will need to use at least a daily conditioner afterwards. Rinse well. Apply conditioner and taa-daa! Beautiful, healthy hair. (Yes! I can claim that after four bleachings to get my level 6 hair to a level 9.)

on 8/12/2012 7:09:00 PM

This product does smell incredible however it didn't really do anything for my hair.
When I first rinsed it and left the shower my hair did feel noticeably softer however when I straightened it the next day I felt pretty much no difference
I have rather thick hair so maybe I didn't put enough but I did leave it in for the suggested 20 minutes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Saw that it was cheap and was in an obsessive mood to try something coconut oil-related on my hair so I bought this and tried it. Good thing it's so damn cheap because it did nothing. I usually use really good expensive products on my hair so idk. Just not for me. My hair felt no extra softness or silkiness. Also the packaging SUCKS, and I am typically not one to bitch about packaging.

on 6/15/2011 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Amazing hair pick me up! Smells great and gives hair a burst of moisture!