Palmer's Coconut Oil Deep Conditioning Protein Pack

Palmer's Coconut Oil Deep Conditioning Protein Pack

Water (Aqua), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-40 Stearate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Behenyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Nonfat Dry Milk (Sine Adipe Lac), Hydrolyzed Silk, Stearalkonium Chloride, Pentylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Decylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Acetate, Cellulose, Quaternium-26, Myristyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethyl Cetearamidopropyldimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin.

on 8/2/2018 4:11:00 PM

This is one of the best hair treatments I’ve used in a long while... I have naturally wavy hair which can get quite dry and frizzy due to damage from highlights. I bought this pack to try it out, thinking it was a single treatment and managed to get four uses out of it. I kept it in the fridge between uses. I apply it at night, before bed, and tie my hair up. I’ll put an old t-shirt or towel on my pillow then wash my hair the following morning. I’m super impressed with the results. Not to mention how amazing it smells! Pros - Affordable - Cruelty-Free / Sustainably sourced ingredients Cons - The package is a little difficult for storage

on 7/6/2018 5:27:00 PM

Although this does help moisturise hair, it's more useful as a protein treatment than as a conditioning mask.

I'm not going to pretend I'm particularly knowledgeable about hair care, but I am aware coconut oil is one of the oils out there that has molecules small enough to penetrate past the outer cuticles of the hair shaft. This product from Palmer's contains coconut oil alongside some other moisturising ingredients, and is sold in a pack that looks a little like one of those foil, squishy juice cartons. Usually retails for around 1-2 quid in most high street shops, and one pack is enough for my fine-stranded waist length hair. Those with thicker hair may need 2 packs, those with shorter hair might get several uses from one pack, if you close it with a firm grip peg or something between uses.

Anyway, this is most helpful for the oldest and driest parts of my hair - the final 1-2 inches in particular. I'll put this on damp, freshly shampooed hair while in the shower, and put a waterproof shower cap on top and leave it to work before shampooing and conditioning my hair just before getting out the shower. It helps the lengths become softer and more manageable, I use this once every 1 or 2 weeks and notice less split ends and breakage with regular use, and makes my hair feel less dry and crispy immediately after use. I know nothing can truly repair split ends or damaged hair, but this helps support fragile hair that has lost protein whether through age or heat/chemical damage and slow the rate of further damage. It's inexpensive and an effective way to help me maintain healthier looking long hair.

As an aside, I once bleached my hair blonde which was a mistake - I think at that point, no amount of protein packs would have saved my very damaged hair so it didn't help as much back then. If your hair has a lot of chemical damage then it might not be particularly useful, so be warned.

on 6/6/2018 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Definitely did help my hair out when I dyed it. My hair at the time was brittle so I was trying everything. After using the pack bought this at Sallys. It did soften my hair so at least it wasn’t snapping and snagging. The scent was too bad from what I remember it was like I soft coconut smell.

on 1/5/2018 11:56:00 PM

Been using this product on and off since I was 15. Makes my hair soft and manageable. Just be careful not to use protein too much because it can make your hair brittle.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am in love.
I have thin, color treated hair. I'm getting older, so is my hair. Anyway.
I found this on clearance at Family Dollar for 1.20 and I followed the directions, didn't use conditioner after as some suggested.
It made my hair so soft and shiny and the smell is great. I went back today and bought the last of what they had.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If youve not read any of my previous reviews then it would be difficult for you to understand the absolute torture i put my hair through. Literally it astounds those around me im not bald like..half a decade back.
Anyways, you get the gist. Lately ive been trying to grow it out from a pixie and keep the abuse to a dull roar. Still, now a chin length bob, i get that insatiable desire to color, highlight (but then what are highlights without lowlights?!) and then circle always back to a facsimile of my "natural hair color", a medium auburn, where i currently reside.

Compound that impulse with daily washings, blow dryings, and straightening, my hair has been course, lacking volume, and the ends fried. Painting a pretty fantastic picture ay?

So anyways saw this at Walmart three days ago for 1.49 in the "ethnic hair" section and decided; why the feck nat?

I shampooed then towel dried and slathered this on. Half a packet saturated my hair (i doused both roots and ends, greasy scalp so be it), wrapped in the Walmart bag i toted it home in, and covered that with the ever elegant Towel Headdress.
Literally I was bored and expected NOTHING.

An hour later I washed my hair, slip was meh (i like slip :B and let it air dry before blowing out. I did not apply leave in, only because I forgot, and only a teensy amount of garnier oil (the one in the orange rectangular packaging) to the super fried bits.

Holy. Fuck. Im sorry but explectives are necessary. My hair is literally. LITERALLY 95% new. I mean volume, i mean bounce, and shine and SOFT. Its like going to pet a barbed wire wrapped ball of hay but finding oneself touching kitten fur. Like soft and fluffy and (probably) purring.
.anyways, the real and total cementing of the awe was when i slept with my styled bob and instead of waking up to a completely different mangled atrocity, IT WAS THE SAME BOUNCY, SHINY, soft masterpiece it was before.
Not greasy or stiff or dull.

Im prfoundly impressed and will never. EVER recommend anything otherwise for hair that is damaged.
The product itself is all natural blah blah blah and i vaguely remember most of the first 6 ingredients being natural/various oils.
I am not a fan of the residual coconut oil smell, its not synthetic but that rich buttery smell but fuck my nose. My hair looks and feels fantastic. No product has even come near these results.

All in all, holy grail. Hands down.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This brilliant product is a sulfate and paraben free hair protein treatment. Perfect for those curlyl girl method fans out there. I loved the results on my blonde highlighted hair. Far superior to the very expensive Philip Kingsley Elastizer that i have been using lately. I have long curly hair which is fine and prone to frizz and although my hair is in good condition and frequently moisturised it didnt feel or look good. After leaving this in my hair for about 20 minutes the results were amazing, My hair had the most perfectly defined frizz free curls. I couldnt get over the difference in my hair. Needless to say it smells coconutly gorgeous and one satchet will easily get me two treatments out of it, bargain price too. It has a very thick consistency and doesnt feel like most conditioners in your hair, you definitely couldnt comb this through your hair but when rinsed out your hair feels very soft again and very strong. I hardly ever leave reviews but want to let you ladies and of course any gents just how good this stuff is. I have already ordered more and hope to see even better results with long term use. Just wish you could buy this in a tub.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Ok, I needed a protein treatment so I went to dollar general and got it for i think 1.50. I shampooed with my own sulfate free shampoo and rinsed, and applied the coco butter protein pack. I didnt use the whole thing but what i did use smelled good and i did what instructions said applied from roots to ends and let it sit in for 20 minutes. I worked my hands through my hair to detangle, but it wasn't slippery enough to just let the comb glude through my hair. It felt dry and stiff do i was assuming if i rinse it i could comb ny hair in sink to detangle. That didnt work either. I had to be very careful as i combed from ends on up. I had to end up using motions leave conditioner to make my comb through easier. I used more leave in conditioner. I was hoping this would work for me but it didnt. Im glad i didn't use it all. Won't be buying again.

on 9/7/2014 10:16:00 AM

This coconut protein pack is awesome! I really love this!!! <3
This pack nourishes my hair, and repairs my splited-ends well.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing. After some heat styling, my curls were left limp. I use this with a cap for 30 minutes, rinse, then use a rinse out conditioner and style as usual. My curls POPPED! Has a great coconut smell that hangs around for a couple days. I wish the product came in a bottle but the sachets have the perfect amount in them and run about $1.50 each. I will use this 1-2 times a month as needed. I recommend to anyone whose hair loves protein!

Popular Conditioners