Palmer's Coconut Oil Deep Conditioning Protein Pack

Palmer's Coconut Oil Deep Conditioning Protein Pack

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am in love.
I have thin, color treated hair. I'm getting older, so is my hair. Anyway.
I found this on clearance at Family Dollar for 1.20 and I followed the directions, didn't use conditioner after as some suggested.
It made my hair so soft and shiny and the smell is great. I went back today and bought the last of what they had.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If youve not read any of my previous reviews then it would be difficult for you to understand the absolute torture i put my hair through. Literally it astounds those around me im not bald like..half a decade back.
Anyways, you get the gist. Lately ive been trying to grow it out from a pixie and keep the abuse to a dull roar. Still, now a chin length bob, i get that insatiable desire to color, highlight (but then what are highlights without lowlights?!) and then circle always back to a facsimile of my "natural hair color", a medium auburn, where i currently reside.

Compound that impulse with daily washings, blow dryings, and straightening, my hair has been course, lacking volume, and the ends fried. Painting a pretty fantastic picture ay?

So anyways saw this at Walmart three days ago for 1.49 in the "ethnic hair" section and decided; why the feck nat?

I shampooed then towel dried and slathered this on. Half a packet saturated my hair (i doused both roots and ends, greasy scalp so be it), wrapped in the Walmart bag i toted it home in, and covered that with the ever elegant Towel Headdress.
Literally I was bored and expected NOTHING.

An hour later I washed my hair, slip was meh (i like slip :B and let it air dry before blowing out. I did not apply leave in, only because I forgot, and only a teensy amount of garnier oil (the one in the orange rectangular packaging) to the super fried bits.

Holy. Fuck. Im sorry but explectives are necessary. My hair is literally. LITERALLY 95% new. I mean volume, i mean bounce, and shine and SOFT. Its like going to pet a barbed wire wrapped ball of hay but finding oneself touching kitten fur. Like soft and fluffy and (probably) purring.
.anyways, the real and total cementing of the awe was when i slept with my styled bob and instead of waking up to a completely different mangled atrocity, IT WAS THE SAME BOUNCY, SHINY, soft masterpiece it was before.
Not greasy or stiff or dull.

Im prfoundly impressed and will never. EVER recommend anything otherwise for hair that is damaged.
The product itself is all natural blah blah blah and i vaguely remember most of the first 6 ingredients being natural/various oils.
I am not a fan of the residual coconut oil smell, its not synthetic but that rich buttery smell but fuck my nose. My hair looks and feels fantastic. No product has even come near these results.

All in all, holy grail. Hands down.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This brilliant product is a sulfate and paraben free hair protein treatment. Perfect for those curlyl girl method fans out there. I loved the results on my blonde highlighted hair. Far superior to the very expensive Philip Kingsley Elastizer that i have been using lately. I have long curly hair which is fine and prone to frizz and although my hair is in good condition and frequently moisturised it didnt feel or look good. After leaving this in my hair for about 20 minutes the results were amazing, My hair had the most perfectly defined frizz free curls. I couldnt get over the difference in my hair. Needless to say it smells coconutly gorgeous and one satchet will easily get me two treatments out of it, bargain price too. It has a very thick consistency and doesnt feel like most conditioners in your hair, you definitely couldnt comb this through your hair but when rinsed out your hair feels very soft again and very strong. I hardly ever leave reviews but want to let you ladies and of course any gents just how good this stuff is. I have already ordered more and hope to see even better results with long term use. Just wish you could buy this in a tub.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Ok, I needed a protein treatment so I went to dollar general and got it for i think 1.50. I shampooed with my own sulfate free shampoo and rinsed, and applied the coco butter protein pack. I didnt use the whole thing but what i did use smelled good and i did what instructions said applied from roots to ends and let it sit in for 20 minutes. I worked my hands through my hair to detangle, but it wasn't slippery enough to just let the comb glude through my hair. It felt dry and stiff do i was assuming if i rinse it i could comb ny hair in sink to detangle. That didnt work either. I had to be very careful as i combed from ends on up. I had to end up using motions leave conditioner to make my comb through easier. I used more leave in conditioner. I was hoping this would work for me but it didnt. Im glad i didn't use it all. Won't be buying again.

on 9/7/2014 10:16:00 AM

This coconut protein pack is awesome! I really love this!!! <3
This pack nourishes my hair, and repairs my splited-ends well.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing. After some heat styling, my curls were left limp. I use this with a cap for 30 minutes, rinse, then use a rinse out conditioner and style as usual. My curls POPPED! Has a great coconut smell that hangs around for a couple days. I wish the product came in a bottle but the sachets have the perfect amount in them and run about $1.50 each. I will use this 1-2 times a month as needed. I recommend to anyone whose hair loves protein!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Worked wonders on my processed hair

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product!! I make sure I always have at least one pack on hand. This protein pack really strengthens and defines my 3c curls. I apply the entire pack (my hair is bra strap length when wet) and let sit on my hair for about 30 minutes. After I rinse it out and follow up with my favorite conditioner. This product is my Holy Grail for sure!!

great product! smells great and leaves my hair silkier then before. it also helps detangle my long hair too!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I picked up 2 packets, which my purchase was influenced a lot by price (this was approx $1.50 ea. at Target), & I rely on MUAers reviews so I should have consulted here coz I didn't kno you were sup to condition afterwards. I used the entire pack on my bra-strap length naturally curly oily roots hair. I washed my hair 3x w clarifying shampoo 1st so I'd be starting out w a "clean slate," if you will, then I applied the entire pack & let it sit 20 mins. I rinsed it out & let it air dry. My hair looks super curly & feels very soft but not slippery or greasy at all. I love this! I had an issue getting the package open in the shower. It should be easier to open & if you didn't want to use the whole thing (but I did), if should be easier to store the leftovers. It should come with better directions if ur sup to condition ur hair after I mean c'mon how was I sup to know that?!! The scent is heavenly. I absolutely adore anything coconut scented & this smells like coconut & sunblock, kinda fruity-tropical which is just the kinda pick me up I need w snow on the ground here. My curls look awesome but it's not too slippery to put up into my chopsticks (anybody whom knows me knows how into my chopsticks & also jaws clips I am). Now I know for the next treatment to get some conditioner onto my hair after rinsing this out. Thanks!!