Palmer's Coconut Oil Deep Conditioning Protein Pack

Filtered by age: 25-29
Palmer's Coconut Oil Deep Conditioning Protein Pack

4.3

Water (Aqua), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-40 Stearate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Behenyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Nonfat Dry Milk (Sine Adipe Lac), Hydrolyzed Silk, Stearalkonium Chloride, Pentylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Decylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Acetate, Cellulose, Quaternium-26, Myristyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethyl Cetearamidopropyldimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin.

on 7/6/2018 5:27:00 PM

Although this does help moisturise hair, it's more useful as a protein treatment than as a conditioning mask.

I'm not going to pretend I'm particularly knowledgeable about hair care, but I am aware coconut oil is one of the oils out there that has molecules small enough to penetrate past the outer cuticles of the hair shaft. This product from Palmer's contains coconut oil alongside some other moisturising ingredients, and is sold in a pack that looks a little like one of those foil, squishy juice cartons. Usually retails for around 1-2 quid in most high street shops, and one pack is enough for my fine-stranded waist length hair. Those with thicker hair may need 2 packs, those with shorter hair might get several uses from one pack, if you close it with a firm grip peg or something between uses.

Anyway, this is most helpful for the oldest and driest parts of my hair - the final 1-2 inches in particular. I'll put this on damp, freshly shampooed hair while in the shower, and put a waterproof shower cap on top and leave it to work before shampooing and conditioning my hair just before getting out the shower. It helps the lengths become softer and more manageable, I use this once every 1 or 2 weeks and notice less split ends and breakage with regular use, and makes my hair feel less dry and crispy immediately after use. I know nothing can truly repair split ends or damaged hair, but this helps support fragile hair that has lost protein whether through age or heat/chemical damage and slow the rate of further damage. It's inexpensive and an effective way to help me maintain healthier looking long hair.

As an aside, I once bleached my hair blonde which was a mistake - I think at that point, no amount of protein packs would have saved my very damaged hair so it didn't help as much back then. If your hair has a lot of chemical damage then it might not be particularly useful, so be warned.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If youve not read any of my previous reviews then it would be difficult for you to understand the absolute torture i put my hair through. Literally it astounds those around me im not bald like..half a decade back.
Anyways, you get the gist. Lately ive been trying to grow it out from a pixie and keep the abuse to a dull roar. Still, now a chin length bob, i get that insatiable desire to color, highlight (but then what are highlights without lowlights?!) and then circle always back to a facsimile of my "natural hair color", a medium auburn, where i currently reside.

Compound that impulse with daily washings, blow dryings, and straightening, my hair has been course, lacking volume, and the ends fried. Painting a pretty fantastic picture ay?

So anyways saw this at Walmart three days ago for 1.49 in the "ethnic hair" section and decided; why the feck nat?

I shampooed then towel dried and slathered this on. Half a packet saturated my hair (i doused both roots and ends, greasy scalp so be it), wrapped in the Walmart bag i toted it home in, and covered that with the ever elegant Towel Headdress.
Literally I was bored and expected NOTHING.

An hour later I washed my hair, slip was meh (i like slip :B and let it air dry before blowing out. I did not apply leave in, only because I forgot, and only a teensy amount of garnier oil (the one in the orange rectangular packaging) to the super fried bits.

Holy. Fuck. Im sorry but explectives are necessary. My hair is literally. LITERALLY 95% new. I mean volume, i mean bounce, and shine and SOFT. Its like going to pet a barbed wire wrapped ball of hay but finding oneself touching kitten fur. Like soft and fluffy and (probably) purring.
.anyways, the real and total cementing of the awe was when i slept with my styled bob and instead of waking up to a completely different mangled atrocity, IT WAS THE SAME BOUNCY, SHINY, soft masterpiece it was before.
Not greasy or stiff or dull.

Im prfoundly impressed and will never. EVER recommend anything otherwise for hair that is damaged.
The product itself is all natural blah blah blah and i vaguely remember most of the first 6 ingredients being natural/various oils.
I am not a fan of the residual coconut oil smell, its not synthetic but that rich buttery smell but fuck my nose. My hair looks and feels fantastic. No product has even come near these results.

All in all, holy grail. Hands down.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing. After some heat styling, my curls were left limp. I use this with a cap for 30 minutes, rinse, then use a rinse out conditioner and style as usual. My curls POPPED! Has a great coconut smell that hangs around for a couple days. I wish the product came in a bottle but the sachets have the perfect amount in them and run about $1.50 each. I will use this 1-2 times a month as needed. I recommend to anyone whose hair loves protein!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product!! I make sure I always have at least one pack on hand. This protein pack really strengthens and defines my 3c curls. I apply the entire pack (my hair is bra strap length when wet) and let sit on my hair for about 30 minutes. After I rinse it out and follow up with my favorite conditioner. This product is my Holy Grail for sure!!

great product! smells great and leaves my hair silkier then before. it also helps detangle my long hair too!

on 8/25/2013 10:22:00 AM

To be frank, when i use this mask, i don't see much difference between before and after. My hair is above my shoulder, somewhat in good condition (I used to have very short hair and I'm growing it out) but i do dye them often AND i use my flat iron every day, so i need a good conditioner. I purchased this because of vitamin E and coconut oil. Well, it didn't do much. My hair is not much softer....Overall, i simply will not buy again. I left it for 20 minutes and it dried completely, it rinses well so at least i didn't spend 15 minutes head down in my bathtub trying to get rid of it. I let my hair dry naturally and....no difference. Disappointed.

LOVE THESE!!! they last quite awhile, like 3 or 4 treatments on me, which is awesome. my hair doesn't feel a ton softer afterwards, but it feels noticeably stronger, which i like. it also looks healthier and is easier to style. will repurchase again and again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is my go-to deep conditioner now that I have tight kinky-curly hair. My hair loves protein and coconut oil, and every time I use this on my hair, I end up with super soft, well-defined, frizz-free curls. It smells like coconuts, but it isn't overpowering. I have a complaint about the packaging; I believe this ought to be bottled, since I, and a few others I know, tend to buy this in bulk and squeeze all the packets into our own bottle. But, on the positive side, each packet is only about $1.50 USD and has enough product in it for two or three applications. I can't say enough about the positive effects this has on my hair. It's difficult to describe; curly hair can be so finicky. But I can say that so far, nearly every time I've used this conditioner before styling my hair, I've gotten complimented on my hair that day. For the price, and the fact that so many people have had success with this, I say it's worth a shot, even if you don't have curly hair. Coconut oil is supposed to have a beneficial effect on all hair, not just curly, in that it supposedly aids the hair in holding onto protein and providing a light, protective moisture barrier to the hair shaft. I've seen this sold at Target, CVS, and Wal-mart.

on 5/24/2011 7:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

i just used this for the first time after bleaching my hair. my hair is very dry naturaly curly and frizzy this stuff cut the frizz back alot it also made my hair very soft with a shine. i just wished they sold this in a tub or something but i will defo buy again

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really like this conditioner. My hair is pretty healthy overall, but my ends are kinds of dry right now. I was afraid this would be too heavy, but I was pleasantly surprised. My hair is pretty fine, and I used this all over and left on for the recommended time and it rinsed clean and didn't feel heavy at all. It left my hair very soft and shiny as well. I'm not a fan of the packaging, but I just bought a couple packets and emptied them into a plastic travel squeeze bottle.