NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.4

Isododecane Talc Cyclopentasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite Vp/Eicosene Copolymer Dimethicone Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Cyclohexasiloxane Sorbitan Sesquioleate Trimethylsiloxysilicate Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Propylene Carbonate Peg-40 Stearate Sorbitan Olivate Tocopheryl Acetate Cera Alba (Beeswax) Phenoxyethanol Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] Triethoxycaprylylsilane Castor Oil Phosphate Sea Whip Extract Mica Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

on 7/24/2016 7:53:00 PM

Before using this I was using MAC paint point as a primer (ugh) which *I thought* was a good eye primer....until I used this. FYI: stay away from the MAC paint pot if you want your shadow to really show its full effect. Paint pot will not do this for you, and it is not sold as an eye primer for this reason. I was told by a friendly MAC consultant that it was great as an eye primer, but then you try something like the NARS eye primer and you realise you have been using a substandard product.

The NARS eye primer holds the shadow colour exceptionally well. It's what you expect from an eye primer but never actually get because there are so many terrible eye primers out there.

The price is very expensive and me using this daily only got me a 2 months max before I ran out. For the price I expected more product. And while I may buy this again, I'm going to try a less expensive local brand just to compare.

on 7/23/2016 4:56:00 AM

This was my go-to for years. I had a pretty low- maintenance makeup routine. I liked how this would brighten my deep set eyes. It would give all my shadows a brighter impact. I usually have a natural face. I bought this for my step mom. She was put off by how little came out of the package. She saw no difference. This is really a subtle difference... I think she eventually trusted my recommendation. I now am using a stick with primer by Nars. It is only this reason I would not repurchase. I am enjoying the stick... It is a different effect, with a , muted beige (natural) colour . If I stop using the stick there is a chance I will go back to the primer again. However, I will check the ingredient list first. I am hearing a lot about ingredients and I would want to make sure it is not cancer causing etc.

To Read all 412 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/21/2016 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have combo skin with VERY oily eyelids, so I've tried a lot of eyelid primers in my time.
I was using Urban Decay because it was the only one that stopped my eyeshadow disappearing, but was I never liked how dry and tight it felt on my eyelids, plus blending was really difficult,
I got a travel size of this in a gift pack and soooooo glad I did. This holds my eyeshadow just as well as UD but isn't as difficult to blend and feels smooth and natural on my eyelids.
Absolutely HG!

on 3/4/2016 7:49:00 AM

Heres the deal.

If you have normal lid(not too dry not too oily) and you want a base/primer for your shadow,try the ELF one.

If you have normal lid and you want a good base/primer for your shadow,try the MAC paint pot.

If you have dry lid try the milani/TFSI.

If you have oily lid try the WNW/UDPP.

IF nothing ever do anything good for you.

This is the one for me.

This would be my first review ever. I love this. Every eyeshadow base has creased on me including UDPP, TFSI, Mac paint pots, MAC paints... They all creased. This one is the only one that hasn't. It works on me, it even works on my mom. It is my HG product. Thank you Nars!!

This is the absolute best primer for oily lids in my experience.

I have tried a lot of primers (all the UD, elf, wet and wild, nyx, etc) and the best one had been the UD for me. I would even fall asleep with my eye makeup on and have the exact look non smudged in the morning. And then the UDPP stopped working. It creased slightly and I never ever had the same effect again.Until NARS.

I dab on the tiniest amount-the amount that comes out of the wand is enough for both eyes, top and lower lid- on my lids after my eye cream (or sometimes no eye cream at all) and my shadows last all day. Sometimes leaving the makeup on all night, I wake up to the perfect non smudged look. This is the primer I wear when I'm in a no-bullshit with my makeup type of mood.

I kind of hate the packaging with the wand, but I think I would hate it more if it came in a squeezy tube because all the primers inevitably start separating horribly in the tube and squirting out a bunch of oil just makes me angry. So I guess the wand is fine.

Again, I have really oily lids, so maybe that is a factor.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Works quite well.

on 2/15/2016 8:49:00 AM

I had the UD primer, and wanted to see if this was better. My lids are so oily, nothing stays on them - the UD primer was the best solution I found so far, but even so things would occasionally slip up a bit. Now, this product is indeed very good. But having used both in the last couple of weeks, sometimes head-to-head (one on the left, the other on the right!) I can say the performance is the same. I can see absolutely no difference. Both are good. Of course we are all different, but in principle if you already have one, you don't need the other.

on 1/22/2016 2:16:00 AM

This is the only eye primer that lasts 8+ hours on my very very oily, hooded eyelids. I normally use this on days when I go out for long periods of time (8+). My eyeshadow only slightly starts to move after 12 hours. It makes eyeshadow stay on better than UDPP and TFSI. I hate how expensive it is because the last time I bought it, it was a lot cheaper.

on 1/14/2016 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have tried the UD PP and I liked it but this is much, much better. This NARS eye primer is almost TOO good. I accidentally wiped some up and onto my brow and didn't realize. When I went to do my brows and correct an area it would not come off for anything - which is good on your lids but otherwise, no lol. I had to get out the make up wipes!

I have slightly hooded and oily lids but when I use this primer my eye shadow does not crease or smudge at ALL. It's pricey but I know it will last me a good while because I don't wear eye shadow all the time. I purchased back in Sept and have maybe used it 10 times so for me the price is worth it.

I am taking a lippie off for what I first mentioned. The only downside is that because its so good it does make some eye shadows difficult to blend. You gotta WORK to get the look you're going for. Some shadows over this product just wont budge and blend so I've come to find out how much and how little to use based on the look im going for. Still an amazing product, though.