NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.4

Isododecane Talc Cyclopentasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite Vp/Eicosene Copolymer Dimethicone Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Cyclohexasiloxane Sorbitan Sesquioleate Trimethylsiloxysilicate Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Propylene Carbonate Peg-40 Stearate Sorbitan Olivate Tocopheryl Acetate Cera Alba (Beeswax) Phenoxyethanol Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] Triethoxycaprylylsilane Castor Oil Phosphate Sea Whip Extract Mica Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

on 10/9/2017 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Must be on my 3rd tube of this. Definitely helps my eyeshadow stay on longer. How do I know? Well ive trialled it with and without. Without- my eyeshadow creased and faded, though fair enough I went out clubbing. But with it underneath my eyeshadow, there is minimal creasing in the inner corners, otherwise the colour is still as vibrant as when I first applied it. This is after at 8 hours when I get home and check my face in the mirror. I wish my inner corner wouldnt crease, but i think its doing a great job already. I use this approximately 5 days a week, lasts around 3-4 months before I need to buy another one. I like the packaging, I just pull the wand out and apply on both of my eyelids. The amount on the wand is enough for both eyelids. When I have to stick the wand back into the tube for the same application, I know Im running low. Cant say what it would be like for super oily eyelids, I would say my eyelids arent particularly oily. Its a good product, not out of thr world awesome. Im bored of looking for new eye primers so will likely stick to this one until some ground breaking one comes out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Did not intensify the colors nor control my oily lids. My eyeshadow creased and faded quicker than my other eye without primer. Might work better for people with drier lids?

Also, I would not recommend if you need your products to be gluten free. Made my eyes feel very sensitive and sore. ELF regular primer works better for me without the burning feeling Nars gave me. Does contain the preservative Tocopheryl Acetate, which can cause an allergic immune response in many people who are allergic to gluten. I found this out from the gluten free boards, was relieved to know I'm not the only one. (Tocopheryl Acetate is mostly derived from genetically modified soy, which contains alot of pesticides).

I really wanted this to work for me. To be fair I have the oiliest eyelids on earth and they are hooded, so it takes a lot for eye shadow not to crease on my eyes. Sometimes it does work, but sometimes it doesn't it's really hit or miss. After you have it for a while the consistency starts to get this weird oily texture and I'm not sure why. The price tag is also very steep for such a mediocre product. However, my eye shadows blended beautifully while I had this underneath. The packaging is also nice and sleek looking, and the doe foot applicator makes application easy and mess free. Really wish this controlled the oil on my eyelids though!

on 12/27/2016 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have oily, hooded and watery sensitive eyes and i am in the guest for an eyeshadow primer that works for my situation. Truly almost giving up to find something because there is only UDPP to try, which for some reason i've been putting off to try (now i will since i am buying some of their Vice lipstick). Unfortunately, Sephora in Brazil doesn't carry Becca, Tarte, Too Faced and Estee Lauder (I sooooo want to try their foundations) to name a feel, but I digress.

I bought the travel size of this primer from Sephora online (Brazil). And... No. Just no.

First of all. I had the feel the travel sized package had soooo little primer in it. TheBalm travel size has 3 mL of primer which was enough for a month of test. I don't really like the foot applicator by the way.

Second, similar to Nyx HD, this primer didn't dry in my lids and once I applied the eyeshadow it didn't stay there for more than 10 min before creasing/muddy. That had nothing to do with my watery eyes because there was no watery eyes yet (due to my eye drops).

Contrary to TheBalm Put a Lid on It and Smashbox 24h, i could remove the primer/eyeshadow just passing the finger in my lid. Noooooooooo. Nyx costs 7-8 US$ and shouldn't allow this to happen, let alone a 24US$ primer.

Obs.: I realize that my skin do not like liquidy eye primers such as Nyx HD and NARS pro-prime. It seems that waxy is the way for me.

If you wear this...cross your fingers no water hits your eyelids (like rain) or that nothing makes you misty eyed (including allergies)... because if it gets wet at any point even just slightly, it hardens up and flakes off in big (noticeable!!) pieces, taking your makeup with it. Way too overpriced for both quality and quantity.

This was my second go at an eye primer, the first was an Urban Decay product which wasn't great for me, but this was pretty good. I have oily eyelids and without a primer, I find a powder eyeshadow only stays on for a few hours. With this one, my eyeshadow stays put all day long.
It is pricey, but it does last at least 4-6 months...I don't find the applicator easy to use though, I pop it on the back of my hand and use my fingertips, I find the coverage is better this way.

on 11/20/2016 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

My gawd. MY GAWD! This primer is everything I have ever wanted in a primer. I bought it when it first came out but waited until now to try it. Been using it exclusively for the past 2 weeks and I must say that it is the best I have ever used. Not too matte and tight feeling on the lids, keeps shadow intact, vibrant and prevents creasing. And lastly, it is odorless, white in color and a dream to blend into the lids. I have oily lids. Shadow would never stand a chance were it not for primer in general. When all is said and done this will be the only primer in my arsenal.

on 12/22/2016 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is quite a good eyeshadow primer, though I do prefer the Urban Decay primer potion as my lids are oily and have a deep crease/hood. The NARS primer has a smoother texture which feels nicer going on and makes it easier to blend shadows, it also is less visible on the skin than the Urban Decay if you apply a little further out than where you place your shadow. Unfortunately I don't find it quite as crease resistant as the Urban Decay, the NARS especially seems to crease around my inner corner for some reason, the actual "crease" doesn't crease as much. Not sure if this is some quirk of my application? I don't love the packaging - I feel like doe foot wands in rigid tube packaging tend to leave a lot of product along the sides that you can't reach, though as this is an opaque tube it's hard to tell exactly how much is in there. Also has the infamous rubberised finish which gets grubby incredibly quickly. Bonus: as the tube has both black and white sections they will each look rubbish in a slightly different way!

on 10/27/2016 2:48:00 AM

I use this to prime my lid and under eye area- I have very oily eyelids and this definitely stops shadow (or my base if I don't wear shadow) creasing and sliding around.

I started also have winkles under my eyes (by even old FGS!) and this also stops my concealer gathering in the creases.

Lasts all day, and good value for money. The only thing I don't like is the packaging- I'm not normally bothered about the matte finish on Nars products but because this is mostly white it really does pick up everything bit of yuck.

on 12/23/2016 4:12:00 PM

I am so happy, it actually keeps my shadow looking good til I get home from work. We're talking about 11 hours and it's still on, a little faded maybe; but nothing, nothing else worked to keep my shadow on much past lunch. It would get all creased up and nasty and this, it works. It adds 10 seconds to my routine. I am so happy. The only downside is the price, it is outrageous, but I will pay.

My application method consist of a tiny bit on the lid directly from the wand, then blend from the lid to the eyebrow. There is really very little product needed.