NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow BasePro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow BasePro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow BasePro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow BasePro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.4

Isododecane Talc Cyclopentasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite Vp/Eicosene Copolymer Dimethicone Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Cyclohexasiloxane Sorbitan Sesquioleate Trimethylsiloxysilicate Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Propylene Carbonate Peg-40 Stearate Sorbitan Olivate Tocopheryl Acetate Cera Alba (Beeswax) Phenoxyethanol Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] Triethoxycaprylylsilane Castor Oil Phosphate Sea Whip Extract Mica Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

on 11/20/2016 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

My gawd. MY GAWD! This primer is everything I have ever wanted in a primer. I bought it when it first came out but waited until now to try it. Been using it exclusively for the past 2 weeks and I must say that it is the best I have ever used. Not too matte and tight feeling on the lids, keeps shadow intact, vibrant and prevents creasing. And lastly, it is odorless, white in color and a dream to blend into the lids. I have oily lids. Shadow would never stand a chance were it not for primer in general. When all is said and done this will be the only primer in my arsenal.

on 10/27/2016 2:48:00 AM

I use this to prime my lid and under eye area- I have very oily eyelids and this definitely stops shadow (or my base if I don't wear shadow) creasing and sliding around.

I started also have winkles under my eyes (by even old FGS!) and this also stops my concealer gathering in the creases.

Lasts all day, and good value for money. The only thing I don't like is the packaging- I'm not normally bothered about the matte finish on Nars products but because this is mostly white it really does pick up everything bit of yuck.

To Read all 415 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/26/2016 2:32:00 AM

This was a total revelation for me as I have oily lids. I didn't even know such a product existed until I read about it online! First tube worked wonders - a tiny dab made everything stay put perfectly all day, no flaking, creasing or smudging. It was perhaps a tad drying & mattifying for shimmer shadows but worth it. After 2 years I finally finished my tube & repurchased again... Second tube just DID NOT WORK at all. I was unable to return it. Very frustrating & expensive but after a dozen efforts - I simply threw it out. Only one I can get locally is ELF so will try that for a while instead. Overall I would recommend NARS but it seems occasionally you get unlucky with a dud tube of product.

on 8/20/2016 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The original Urban Decay primer has been my "holy grail" pretty much since it came out. Over the years, I've also tried Bare Minerals Prime Time (love it), LORAC (love it) and quite a few others, including MAC Painterly (love it too). I do prefer a doe foot applicator and as much as the original UD "genie bottle" was stupid, it had an applicator; the tube I have now (an older one which won't die!) is a squeeze tube, like LORAC, Prime Time and TFSI. My TFSI has lasted for AGES. It's a good primer though it's been through some "life changes" - it did used to separate fairly often so I'd massage the closed tube when that happened and it seemed to fix the problem. Then it stopped separating, which was very nice. I have FINALLY managed to finish it (after cutting off the "crimp" end of the tube to get every last bit, sealing it up again with a binder clip).

I promised myself that once I finished TFSI, I'd treat myself to the Nars Pro Prime. It is everything I expected and more....the tiniest bit applied on each lid gives lasting power that doesn't quit. Even on the hottest days or during a sweaty, intense gym workout (yes, I leave my eye makeup on!), nothing smudges or creases. And I do really love and prefer the doe foot applicator since I don't have to worry about squeezing out too much product that is then wasted. This primer is $33 in Canada, compared with $24 for TFSI and $26 for UD (which now combines a squeeze-y looking tube AND a doe foot). Is it worth the extra price? Hard to say since all 3 are equally effective at keeping my shadows looking great but I do prefer the silkier texture of the Nars and will probably continue to purchase it though I think this tube will last me several years.

on 7/24/2016 7:53:00 PM

Before using this I was using MAC paint point as a primer (ugh) which *I thought* was a good eye primer....until I used this. FYI: stay away from the MAC paint pot if you want your shadow to really show its full effect. Paint pot will not do this for you, and it is not sold as an eye primer for this reason. I was told by a friendly MAC consultant that it was great as an eye primer, but then you try something like the NARS eye primer and you realise you have been using a substandard product.

The NARS eye primer holds the shadow colour exceptionally well. It's what you expect from an eye primer but never actually get because there are so many terrible eye primers out there.

The price is very expensive and me using this daily only got me a 2 months max before I ran out. For the price I expected more product. And while I may buy this again, I'm going to try a less expensive local brand just to compare.

on 7/23/2016 4:56:00 AM

This was my go-to for years. I had a pretty low- maintenance makeup routine. I liked how this would brighten my deep set eyes. It would give all my shadows a brighter impact. I usually have a natural face. I bought this for my step mom. She was put off by how little came out of the package. She saw no difference. This is really a subtle difference... I think she eventually trusted my recommendation. I now am using a stick with primer by Nars. It is only this reason I would not repurchase. I am enjoying the stick... It is a different effect, with a , muted beige (natural) colour . If I stop using the stick there is a chance I will go back to the primer again. However, I will check the ingredient list first. I am hearing a lot about ingredients and I would want to make sure it is not cancer causing etc.

on 5/21/2016 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have combo skin with VERY oily eyelids, so I've tried a lot of eyelid primers in my time.
I was using Urban Decay because it was the only one that stopped my eyeshadow disappearing, but was I never liked how dry and tight it felt on my eyelids, plus blending was really difficult,
I got a travel size of this in a gift pack and soooooo glad I did. This holds my eyeshadow just as well as UD but isn't as difficult to blend and feels smooth and natural on my eyelids.
Absolutely HG!

on 3/4/2016 7:49:00 AM

Heres the deal.

If you have normal lid(not too dry not too oily) and you want a base/primer for your shadow,try the ELF one.

If you have normal lid and you want a good base/primer for your shadow,try the MAC paint pot.

If you have dry lid try the milani/TFSI.

If you have oily lid try the WNW/UDPP.

IF nothing ever do anything good for you.

This is the one for me.
And yes,I tried all of them.

This would be my first review ever. I love this. Every eyeshadow base has creased on me including UDPP, TFSI, Mac paint pots, MAC paints... They all creased. This one is the only one that hasn't. It works on me, it even works on my mom. It is my HG product. Thank you Nars!!

This is the absolute best primer for oily lids in my experience.

I have tried a lot of primers (all the UD, elf, wet and wild, nyx, etc) and the best one had been the UD for me. I would even fall asleep with my eye makeup on and have the exact look non smudged in the morning. And then the UDPP stopped working. It creased slightly and I never ever had the same effect again.Until NARS.

I dab on the tiniest amount-the amount that comes out of the wand is enough for both eyes, top and lower lid- on my lids after my eye cream (or sometimes no eye cream at all) and my shadows last all day. Sometimes leaving the makeup on all night, I wake up to the perfect non smudged look. This is the primer I wear when I'm in a no-bullshit with my makeup type of mood.

I kind of hate the packaging with the wand, but I think I would hate it more if it came in a squeezy tube because all the primers inevitably start separating horribly in the tube and squirting out a bunch of oil just makes me angry. So I guess the wand is fine.

Again, I have really oily lids, so maybe that is a factor.