NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow BasePro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow BasePro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow BasePro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow BasePro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.4

Isododecane Talc Cyclopentasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite Vp/Eicosene Copolymer Dimethicone Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Cyclohexasiloxane Sorbitan Sesquioleate Trimethylsiloxysilicate Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Propylene Carbonate Peg-40 Stearate Sorbitan Olivate Tocopheryl Acetate Cera Alba (Beeswax) Phenoxyethanol Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] Triethoxycaprylylsilane Castor Oil Phosphate Sea Whip Extract Mica Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

I really wanted this to work for me. To be fair I have the oiliest eyelids on earth and they are hooded, so it takes a lot for eye shadow not to crease on my eyes. Sometimes it does work, but sometimes it doesn't it's really hit or miss. After you have it for a while the consistency starts to get this weird oily texture and I'm not sure why. The price tag is also very steep for such a mediocre product. However, my eye shadows blended beautifully while I had this underneath. The packaging is also nice and sleek looking, and the doe foot applicator makes application easy and mess free. Really wish this controlled the oil on my eyelids though!

on 12/27/2016 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have oily, hooded and watery sensitive eyes and i am in the guest for an eyeshadow primer that works for my situation. Truly almost giving up to find something because there is only UDPP to try, which for some reason i've been putting off to try (now i will since i am buying some of their Vice lipstick). Unfortunately, Sephora in Brazil doesn't carry Becca, Tarte, Too Faced and Estee Lauder (I sooooo want to try their foundations) to name a feel, but I digress.

I bought the travel size of this primer from Sephora online (Brazil). And... No. Just no.

First of all. I had the feel the travel sized package had soooo little primer in it. TheBalm travel size has 3 mL of primer which was enough for a month of test. I don't really like the foot applicator by the way.

Second, similar to Nyx HD, this primer didn't dry in my lids and once I applied the eyeshadow it didn't stay there for more than 10 min before creasing/muddy. That had nothing to do with my watery eyes because there was no watery eyes yet (due to my eye drops).

Contrary to TheBalm Put a Lid on It and Smashbox 24h, i could remove the primer/eyeshadow just passing the finger in my lid. Noooooooooo. Nyx costs 7-8 US$ and shouldn't allow this to happen, let alone a 24US$ primer.

Obs.: I realize that my skin do not like liquidy eye primers such as Nyx HD and NARS pro-prime. It seems that waxy is the way for me.

on 12/23/2016 4:12:00 PM

I am so happy, it actually keeps my shadow looking good til I get home from work. We're talking about 11 hours and it's still on, a little faded maybe; but nothing, nothing else worked to keep my shadow on much past lunch. It would get all creased up and nasty and this, it works. It adds 10 seconds to my routine. I am so happy. The only downside is the price, it is outrageous, but I will pay.

My application method consist of a tiny bit on the lid directly from the wand, then blend from the lid to the eyebrow. There is really very little product needed.

on 12/22/2016 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is quite a good eyeshadow primer, though I do prefer the Urban Decay primer potion as my lids are oily and have a deep crease/hood. The NARS primer has a smoother texture which feels nicer going on and makes it easier to blend shadows, it also is less visible on the skin than the Urban Decay if you apply a little further out than where you place your shadow. Unfortunately I don't find it quite as crease resistant as the Urban Decay, the NARS especially seems to crease around my inner corner for some reason, the actual "crease" doesn't crease as much. Not sure if this is some quirk of my application? I don't love the packaging - I feel like doe foot wands in rigid tube packaging tend to leave a lot of product along the sides that you can't reach, though as this is an opaque tube it's hard to tell exactly how much is in there. Also has the infamous rubberised finish which gets grubby incredibly quickly. Bonus: as the tube has both black and white sections they will each look rubbish in a slightly different way!

on 11/20/2016 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

My gawd. MY GAWD! This primer is everything I have ever wanted in a primer. I bought it when it first came out but waited until now to try it. Been using it exclusively for the past 2 weeks and I must say that it is the best I have ever used. Not too matte and tight feeling on the lids, keeps shadow intact, vibrant and prevents creasing. And lastly, it is odorless, white in color and a dream to blend into the lids. I have oily lids. Shadow would never stand a chance were it not for primer in general. When all is said and done this will be the only primer in my arsenal.

on 10/27/2016 2:48:00 AM

I use this to prime my lid and under eye area- I have very oily eyelids and this definitely stops shadow (or my base if I don't wear shadow) creasing and sliding around.

I started also have winkles under my eyes (by even old FGS!) and this also stops my concealer gathering in the creases.

Lasts all day, and good value for money. The only thing I don't like is the packaging- I'm not normally bothered about the matte finish on Nars products but because this is mostly white it really does pick up everything bit of yuck.

on 8/26/2016 2:32:00 AM

This was a total revelation for me as I have oily lids. I didn't even know such a product existed until I read about it online! First tube worked wonders - a tiny dab made everything stay put perfectly all day, no flaking, creasing or smudging. It was perhaps a tad drying & mattifying for shimmer shadows but worth it. After 2 years I finally finished my tube & repurchased again... Second tube just DID NOT WORK at all. I was unable to return it. Very frustrating & expensive but after a dozen efforts - I simply threw it out. Only one I can get locally is ELF so will try that for a while instead. Overall I would recommend NARS but it seems occasionally you get unlucky with a dud tube of product.

on 8/20/2016 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The original Urban Decay primer has been my "holy grail" pretty much since it came out. Over the years, I've also tried Bare Minerals Prime Time (love it), LORAC (love it) and quite a few others, including MAC Painterly (love it too). I do prefer a doe foot applicator and as much as the original UD "genie bottle" was stupid, it had an applicator; the tube I have now (an older one which won't die!) is a squeeze tube, like LORAC, Prime Time and TFSI. My TFSI has lasted for AGES. It's a good primer though it's been through some "life changes" - it did used to separate fairly often so I'd massage the closed tube when that happened and it seemed to fix the problem. Then it stopped separating, which was very nice. I have FINALLY managed to finish it (after cutting off the "crimp" end of the tube to get every last bit, sealing it up again with a binder clip).

I promised myself that once I finished TFSI, I'd treat myself to the Nars Pro Prime. It is everything I expected and more....the tiniest bit applied on each lid gives lasting power that doesn't quit. Even on the hottest days or during a sweaty, intense gym workout (yes, I leave my eye makeup on!), nothing smudges or creases. And I do really love and prefer the doe foot applicator since I don't have to worry about squeezing out too much product that is then wasted. This primer is $33 in Canada, compared with $24 for TFSI and $26 for UD (which now combines a squeeze-y looking tube AND a doe foot). Is it worth the extra price? Hard to say since all 3 are equally effective at keeping my shadows looking great but I do prefer the silkier texture of the Nars and will probably continue to purchase it though I think this tube will last me several years.

on 7/24/2016 7:53:00 PM

Before using this I was using MAC paint point as a primer (ugh) which *I thought* was a good eye primer....until I used this. FYI: stay away from the MAC paint pot if you want your shadow to really show its full effect. Paint pot will not do this for you, and it is not sold as an eye primer for this reason. I was told by a friendly MAC consultant that it was great as an eye primer, but then you try something like the NARS eye primer and you realise you have been using a substandard product.

The NARS eye primer holds the shadow colour exceptionally well. It's what you expect from an eye primer but never actually get because there are so many terrible eye primers out there.

The price is very expensive and me using this daily only got me a 2 months max before I ran out. For the price I expected more product. And while I may buy this again, I'm going to try a less expensive local brand just to compare.

on 7/23/2016 4:56:00 AM

This was my go-to for years. I had a pretty low- maintenance makeup routine. I liked how this would brighten my deep set eyes. It would give all my shadows a brighter impact. I usually have a natural face. I bought this for my step mom. She was put off by how little came out of the package. She saw no difference. This is really a subtle difference... I think she eventually trusted my recommendation. I now am using a stick with primer by Nars. It is only this reason I would not repurchase. I am enjoying the stick... It is a different effect, with a , muted beige (natural) colour . If I stop using the stick there is a chance I will go back to the primer again. However, I will check the ingredient list first. I am hearing a lot about ingredients and I would want to make sure it is not cancer causing etc.