NARS Cosmetics Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

NARS Cosmetics Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.3

Isododecane Talc Cyclopentasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite Vp/Eicosene Copolymer Dimethicone Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Cyclohexasiloxane Sorbitan Sesquioleate Trimethylsiloxysilicate Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Propylene Carbonate Peg-40 Stearate Sorbitan Olivate Tocopheryl Acetate Cera Alba (Beeswax) Phenoxyethanol Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] Triethoxycaprylylsilane Castor Oil Phosphate Sea Whip Extract Mica Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

on 9/7/2018 11:01:00 PM

Way too expensive and eyeshadow smudges after a few hours.

on 6/8/2018 12:48:00 PM

Bought it because people said so, but this primer is bullshit. If u got oily lids it does nothing for you. Bought a $3 Wet n wild PhotoFocus primer that does it for me. This is money in the sea.

on 6/1/2018 7:56:00 PM

Its great for oily lids and i have this in the mini! I dont wear eyeshadow too much so its a good size for its prize(came in a bundle), Its very pricey but i love nars so i decided to splurged try everythubg.

For comparisons, I really dont like too faced shadow insurance it was so watery and oily. The udpp is okay but its not as good as this. Nars just makes outstanding products but idk if i would dish out 26 usd for the full size. I feel that i dont need a primer on days where i dont use liner. I can use the creamy concealer and powder to get the primer effects. Personally i wouldnt repurchase but it still is a great one to get if you are into doing eyeshadows and more bold looks or simply want your liquid liner to stay put.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I did not like this primer. If you have oily lids, nope! This primer did not keep my eyeshadow on all day. It smeared and smudged halfway through the day. And that's all I ask from a primer. It's really not that complicated. It probably works fine for normal to dry skin, but on my oily eyelids not so much. This got returned.

on 3/29/2018 10:29:00 AM

You know, I didn't find this to be very effective. I even used it with Nars shadow (the Narsissist shades). It felt like it wouldn't sink into my skin, or dry quickly enough. Maybe it was supposed to be that way? In any event, I thought something was wrong, so I never used it - or the shadows - again.

on 10/9/2017 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Must be on my 3rd tube of this. Definitely helps my eyeshadow stay on longer. How do I know? Well ive trialled it with and without. Without- my eyeshadow creased and faded, though fair enough I went out clubbing. But with it underneath my eyeshadow, there is minimal creasing in the inner corners, otherwise the colour is still as vibrant as when I first applied it. This is after at 8 hours when I get home and check my face in the mirror. I wish my inner corner wouldnt crease, but i think its doing a great job already. I use this approximately 5 days a week, lasts around 3-4 months before I need to buy another one. I like the packaging, I just pull the wand out and apply on both of my eyelids. The amount on the wand is enough for both eyelids. When I have to stick the wand back into the tube for the same application, I know Im running low. Cant say what it would be like for super oily eyelids, I would say my eyelids arent particularly oily. Its a good product, not out of thr world awesome. Im bored of looking for new eye primers so will likely stick to this one until some ground breaking one comes out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Did not intensify the colors nor control my oily lids. My eyeshadow creased and faded quicker than my other eye without primer. Might work better for people with drier lids?

Also, I would not recommend if you need your products to be gluten free. Made my eyes feel very sensitive and sore. ELF regular primer works better for me without the burning feeling Nars gave me. Does contain the preservative Tocopheryl Acetate, which can cause an allergic immune response in many people who are allergic to gluten. I found this out from the gluten free boards, was relieved to know I'm not the only one. (Tocopheryl Acetate is mostly derived from genetically modified soy, which contains alot of pesticides).

This was my second go at an eye primer, the first was an Urban Decay product which wasn't great for me, but this was pretty good. I have oily eyelids and without a primer, I find a powder eyeshadow only stays on for a few hours. With this one, my eyeshadow stays put all day long.
It is pricey, but it does last at least 4-6 months...I don't find the applicator easy to use though, I pop it on the back of my hand and use my fingertips, I find the coverage is better this way.

If you wear this...cross your fingers no water hits your eyelids (like rain) or that nothing makes you misty eyed (including allergies)... because if it gets wet at any point even just slightly, it hardens up and flakes off in big (noticeable!!) pieces, taking your makeup with it. Way too overpriced for both quality and quantity.

I really wanted this to work for me. To be fair I have the oiliest eyelids on earth and they are hooded, so it takes a lot for eye shadow not to crease on my eyes. Sometimes it does work, but sometimes it doesn't it's really hit or miss. After you have it for a while the consistency starts to get this weird oily texture and I'm not sure why. The price tag is also very steep for such a mediocre product. However, my eye shadows blended beautifully while I had this underneath. The packaging is also nice and sleek looking, and the doe foot applicator makes application easy and mess free. Really wish this controlled the oil on my eyelids though!