4.1

Reviews

2.0
from

a month ago

China Rouge is from China Glaze X Collection 2007. It’s a dark red crelly polish. In the bottle it looked such a deep, saturated colour, but I needed 3 coats to build it up, as the first 2 coats looked patchy. It’s incredibly runny, so I managed to flood most of my cuticles in the process. To add insult to injury it look forever to dry. The only positive I can say is that China Rouge is a pretty colour. I would recommend you skip this polish, there are better alternatives in the same/similar price range.

About reviewer (736 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

6 years ago

This is my new go-to red! It's the perfect classic, neutral red (neither orange nor blue-based) and isn't too bright or too dark. Just lovely! It applies probably better than any colour of any polish I've ever used. Even someone with sloppy application like me could get this flawless in one coat pretty easily. I like that it still has a normal sized brush for more precise application around the cuticles. And it wears like iron with a good base and top coat (still looks presentable with a few very minor, tiny chips after about a week, even with a moderate amount of wear and tear). Highly recommend!

About reviewer (221 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

1.0

6 years ago

The colour is the only nice thing about it. It was released in 2007 and I don't believe the formula has been updated, it is absolutely terrible and has all the possible negatives that a nail polish can have: it runs into cuticles badly, bubbles, dries slowly, has that slightly rubbery texture that chips easily, it is a nightmare to apply and if you're extra careful you will ruin it afterwards (it will bubble or dent because of slow drying time). Choose a dupe instead.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

6 years ago

China Rouge is one of my favorite shades of red- it is a true red, not orange-y or pinkish or purplish, just a perfectly RED shade of red. Application is very easy-no streaking- and with two coats, I get an opaque finish (I use a base and top coat as well)- I've only used it on my toes, and it lasts without chipping for a long time. Most will like China Rouge, because it isn't too warm or cool toned, so it will flatter a wide variety of skin tones. You can find China Glaze polishes online or at Sally Beauty- which sometimes has sales on nail polish. This one's a keeper!

About reviewer (84 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

from

7 years ago

Best red nail polish I've come across in terms of color. Traditional, neutral red that'll go great with any skin tone. Applies effortlessly, and opaque even with just one coat. It's non-streaky upon application and dries quickly. Would definitely re-purchase and recommend.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBrown

8 years ago

This is the perfect classic red cream polish. It's neither too blue, too orange, or vampy in the least. It is a true neutral red that flatters everybody. I used ButterLondon base coat and Poshe top coat. It has great one coat coverage though I used two for maximum opacity and shine. The China Glaze formula goes on smoothly and is self-leveling. It is very shiny on its own and Poshe makes it look like a lacquered Chinese treasure box. I highly recommend this for any skintone. I love to use it for pedicures but of course it would be beautiful on your fingernails, too.

About reviewer (154 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

It's a very traditional red. I love the application of it, it's the standard CG application. My only reason for giving a 4 is that it doesn't seem to last as long as the rest of the CG polishes I own, at least on my fingernails. I've tried several different top coats: Diamond Dry, Seche Vite, Essie No Chips Ahead and with every one, I only get a day or two before I start seeing chips and wear. I've had better luck with Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby, which IMO is a little darker, but at least it lasts.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

8 years ago

The quality of this polish is top notch - glides on your nail like butter with an opaque creme finish! I always use it over a base coat, so can't say whether it stains. It wears longer than my OPI red when I top it with Seche Vite top coat. This is THE shade of red for pale, cool skin tones. What I love about it is its subtle blue undertone and that it's not too dark! Most reds look vampy against my nw10 skin after two coats, but China Rouge is just perfect. I wear it year round for a fuss-free mani.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Other, Other

1.0

9 years ago

I tried this color on while getting a mani/pedi at a salon and was very unhappy with the quality. Two coats of this shade and the color was two-toned! My fingernails looked like those multi-colored Jelly Bellys. However, I did like the application; the color was pretty.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Tan

HairBlack

EyesBlack

9 years ago

I hate to be repetitive as other reviewers on this polish, but it is simply the best red I have ever come across. I do foot modeling and the photographer requested a red pedicure. I bought this China Rouge shade and not only was he impressed, I was as well :) It applied in 1 smooth coat, did not streak, it is perfect! Way to go China Glaze!

About reviewer (97 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure