Coty Stetson cologne

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/20/2016 6:06:00 PM

I just discovered this fragrance a few days ago at Rite Aid and i am absolutely in love with it. I never knew a men's cologne could be so divine and lovely but that is what Stetson cologne spray is. It is a wonderful, rich oriental fragrance. It is Youth Dew for men and really really good smelling high-end hair spray. This could easily be a women's fragrance and a woman could wear this without even a hint of being found out she was wearing a "men's cologne". It's hilarious to me that this scent is marketed as being uber masculine with the cowboy on the front of the box. More like a sexy cowgirl riding an electric bull. Baby powder, deep rich vanilla and tonka bean and honey with a nice touch of florals like jasmine, carnation, geranium and honeysuckle i think. I like powdery scents and this scent has a very nice feeling of light talcum powder. Not too strong but its there and its nice and soothing. This is a comforting scent for me.....warm, soft and herbal. It's perfect for quiet days. A classic treat at a very low price.

Thankfully I was able to test this at my local CVS before buying it blindly based on Turin & Sanchez' (Perfumes: The Guide) 4-star review. I was so ready for an affordable and delicious unisex Oriental. Instead, I got Youth-Dew meets stale margarita. There is something in this that triggers my olfactory horror center in the same way as Youth-Dew and Tabu, two of my most-hated scents. I think it's the funky jasmine. The lavender/citrus top notes don't help matters for me, as they have the feel of bathroom freshener that is trying to cover certain bathroom odors. I gave two lippies regardless, because I know on some level it's not Stetson, it's me. I just hate this type of fragrance... but if you like it, a $10 bottle of Stetson should scratch the itch more cheaply than Youth-Dew.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is an amazingly rich, deliciously warm, inviting scent! It reminds me exactly of the pipe tobacco my grandfather used to smoke with maybe a tinge of citrus at the top. I've wasted time/money trying to recapture that smell and all along it's been right under my nose (pardon the pun) for next to nothing! Scentdirect.com categorizes it as an Ambery Oriental- along with Chaps, Royal Copenhagen, Obsession for men and Sagamore. It is very affordable- I got my .75 oz bottle for $10 (after holidays you probably can get it at clearance price). Longevity is amazing- 2 spritzes lasted a good 6-7 hours on me so apply sparingly or it can become nauseating. On clothing the scent will last for several days! While I enjoy wearing it myself- I certainly wouldn't object to capturing whiffs on man walking by!
Pay no mind to other reviews you may read on other sites about this scent being for "rednecks" and "trailer trash" and other offensive rubbish. Let your nose decide- it will thank you!
Notes per Scentdirect.com
Top: Bergamot oil, clary sage oil, lavender, lemon, lime
Middle: Carnation, Cedarwood oil, Geranium, Jasmin, Orris, Patchouli, Vetiver
Base: Amber, honey, Musk, Tonka, Vanilla

on 1/6/2012 8:57:00 AM

I was very surprised with this fragrance. Sampled at Walmart and found it to be very rich, warm, powdery woods. I love this on dh and sometimes will spritz on myself. Such a pleasant find...it's one of my favorites on dh. It's better than you'd think.

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Bleu de Chanel