Zoya Austine

Zoya Austine

4.3

on 2/20/2016 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a light/medium skin tone with warm peach undertones, and in the summer when I'm slightly tanned, this polish is exactly like a metallic version of my skin color. I love it! It makes a very pretty fancy-nude look on me. It photographs well - it has a "glow from within" that shows up very well in photographs from a distance. I think it's my favorite polish. I went through 1.5 bottles of it in about a year. One coat is almost completely opaque but two is best. Zoya Hermina is a cooler version with the same metallic finish, and Hermina might work better for cooler skin tones. I've been wanting to try Hermina too because Austine looks a little too warm on me in the winter when I'm completely pale.

The only downside is that the metallic finish is very unforgiving (although I love the way it looks when I get it right). Every brush stroke will show, so your brush strokes need to be perfectly smooth. Every bump and imperfection underneath the polish will show, so your nails need to be very smooth. If this polish touches skin then that spot will catch the light differently, so I try to avoid that too. I think it looks best if I apply it on top of a fully dry, 1-day-old clear or sheer-neutral manicure that has been cleaned up around the edges with a brush and acetone. I can get a much smoother look when I'm painting over an existing manicure that has a very smooth surface and very smooth edges. Maybe if I had a really good ridge-filling base coat that would work too.

I rated packaging pretty low because I don't like the typical small square brush that lots of polishes have, including Zoya. That brush, combined with the unforgiving metallic finish, led me to pour Zoya Hermina into an almost-empty Dior Top Coat bottle so I could use the Dior brush which is my favorite brush - that worked great. I can get a much smoother application with the Dior brush. Luckily the Zoya bottle is not spill-proof, so it can be poured very easily.

All Zoya polishes are 5-free so that's a plus too - fewer carcinogens and less stink while it dries.

on 10/23/2013 9:53:00 PM

This colour is just so amazingly gorgeous on me. It's incredibly subtle, it won't catch your eye from a distance, but up close it's soft rose gold almost seems to glow a little. I feel so pretty when I'm wearing this polish.

Oh, and it lasts INCREDIBLY well on me...one of my longest lasting polishes, for sure.

To Read all 4 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

What a beautiful color! A warm, shimmery metallic gold - not orangey, not too yellow. Perfect for any time of year actually. Opaque in one coat. My issue is that because it is metallic is takes forever for me to apply it evenly. And it definitely needs a ridge filler underneath ~ shows each and every lump and bump. I absolutely love the color, not the finish - I wouldn't buy this again.

This is a beautiful soft, warm, shimmery gold, which is sort of my go to color when I'm not sure what to wear because it's subtle but pretty. Like all Zoyas I've encountered this wears like iron on me.

Popular Polishes