OPI Funky Dunkey

OPI Funky Dunkey
Funky Dunkey

4.8

on 4/26/2012 11:27:00 AM

Opaque in 2 coats. Dry time fantastic! Color looks amazing in the bottle but not very nice on my skin tone . But still love it. Apply a matte topcoat over it, to die for :)

on 2/25/2012 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This is my favorite nail polish of all time. I got it a long time ago when it came out in the Shrek Collection and I got this at Ulta. This is a stunning royal purple color, but the best part is the FORMULA! The nail polish goes on smooth and I literally only need one coat to get a even color. I can't stop looking at my nails whenever I wear this.

One of the best purple polishes out there! Its cream base allows for very easy application. 2 coats is more than enough for total coverage. I hope the Shrek collection doesn't get discontinued!

I've been wanting a matte purple color for a long time. When I saw this I had to get it. It's a really pretty purple color. When I wear it I can't stop looking at my nails! It's pigmented but I always do 2 coats. It lasts a few days before chipping.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this purple! It's a fun, bright colour for pedicures! I usually just apply one coat because it's very pigmented and has a smooth creamy formula that dries quite glossy. It may not be a very unique shade, but it's still a great colour to have if you love purple polishes! Came from the Shrek Collection in 2010.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The first time I saw this color in the Shrek collection, I wanted it so badly but could not justify buying another expensive nail polish when I had so many polishes at home. That started my hunt for the perfect purple polish. I ended up getting 7 different purples. I love some of them but then I was at ulta with a coupon to use and saw this polish on sale! Meant to be, right?

All that being said. This color may seem like "just purple" but it's really a very unique purple. Creamy, bright, grape-y purple. The formula with OPI's wider brush goes on like a dream. I love creamy colors but they're a problem if the formula is too transparent. That's not an issue with this polish. You could probably get away with one coat, two or three just ensures solid beautiful color. I also wear it with Sally Hansen Mega Shine top coat over it.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I just love this Funky Dunkey! This is by far my favorite medium shade creamy purple nail lacquer. Sometimes I layer this with a shimmery/sparkling top coat for some added umph! I would buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a nice purple I really like it...to make it a lil darker I apply 2 coats of black polish and 2 coats of Funky Dunkey and you get this darker rich purple love it

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this color, it's like the perfect purple. I don't wear purple often, but when I want something different, I tend to reach for this. It's just a very rich, luscious color. The only downfall is that it seems to peel off rather easily.. but I would repurchase.

on 8/16/2010 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Perfect "blurple"! Cool toned mix of blue and purple. I am partial to purples, but they can be problematic sometimes. Unlike some similar shades, this does not get too dark or flat once applied, but stays fun and vivid. No streaking or chipping. Looks good on a lot of different skin tones, too!

Popular Polishes