OPI Funky Dunkey

4.6

on 2/25/2012 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This is my favorite nail polish of all time. I got it a long time ago when it came out in the Shrek Collection and I got this at Ulta. This is a stunning royal purple color, but the best part is the FORMULA! The nail polish goes on smooth and I literally only need one coat to get a even color. I can't stop looking at my nails whenever I wear this.

One of the best purple polishes out there! Its cream base allows for very easy application. 2 coats is more than enough for total coverage. I hope the Shrek collection doesn't get discontinued!

on 10/22/2011 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Fun bright creamy purple! Wonderful!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this purple! It's a fun, bright colour for pedicures! I usually just apply one coat because it's very pigmented and has a smooth creamy formula that dries quite glossy. It may not be a very unique shade, but it's still a great colour to have if you love purple polishes! Came from the Shrek Collection in 2010.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The first time I saw this color in the Shrek collection, I wanted it so badly but could not justify buying another expensive nail polish when I had so many polishes at home. That started my hunt for the perfect purple polish. I ended up getting 7 different purples. I love some of them but then I was at ulta with a coupon to use and saw this polish on sale! Meant to be, right?

All that being said. This color may seem like "just purple" but it's really a very unique purple. Creamy, bright, grape-y purple. The formula with OPI's wider brush goes on like a dream. I love creamy colors but they're a problem if the formula is too transparent. That's not an issue with this polish. You could probably get away with one coat, two or three just ensures solid beautiful color. I also wear it with Sally Hansen Mega Shine top coat over it.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I just love this Funky Dunkey! This is by far my favorite medium shade creamy purple nail lacquer. Sometimes I layer this with a shimmery/sparkling top coat for some added umph! I would buy this again.

I love it! Because of its perfect application and pretty color, this is one of my go to colors for any time of year. It glides on your nail and is almost opaque in one coat, I do two because I like mine to be perfect. Not unique, but definitely worth it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a nice purple I really like it...to make it a lil darker I apply 2 coats of black polish and 2 coats of Funky Dunkey and you get this darker rich purple love it

Such a nice bright purple that is dark enough to wear for fall and those times of the year but just a good color for ALL year because it's bright. It applies super well, it takes ONE coat and the color is flawless. I always put two just to make my nails thicker and less prone to breaking anyways though! I really can recommend this purple that is grape-y, the blue-ish undertones make it super wearable for pale gals like moi, but also for warmer gals that can pull off every shade.
EDIT: as much as I loved this, I gave it to my bf's mother, she loves vampy shades and I don't use it so much!

This is an amazing cool-toned Purple with a blue tint and hints of like a muted grey-ish color. I am not at all a fan of purple on my nails. This is the only purple nail polish that I have found that I love! My nail polish collection is exclusively OPI and contains 36 polishes. Only two of these are purple and this is the only one that I wear. I feel like this color works for any skin tone. I do find that it is darker when applied to the nail than it appears in the bottle.

Popular Polishes