OPI Funky Dunkey

4.4

on 8/16/2010 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Perfect "blurple"! Cool toned mix of blue and purple. I am partial to purples, but they can be problematic sometimes. Unlike some similar shades, this does not get too dark or flat once applied, but stays fun and vivid. No streaking or chipping. Looks good on a lot of different skin tones, too!

on 7/1/2010 10:40:00 AM

Awesome mid-tone purple with a lot of blue (someone said this is "burple" and that's exactly right). I think this color would work on just about any skintone, just a really nice, solid color. Application is smooth and opaque, you can even get away with one coat if you're in a rush. Typical OPI packaging (which is always very nice). The pro-brush is kind of wide, but works for me (although I can see those with small nail beds having an issue). If I can I'm going to pick up an extra bottle of this as it's LE. PS-The name is also cute. ;)

on 5/31/2010 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Funky Dunkey looks bright in some swatches but once you put it on, it just look purple and it's not too bright. I find this color is grape with hint of muted grey tone. The formula is creme and the drying power is excellent. Coverage is good as I only need 2 coats to get an opaque finish. When I tested this color on a piece of paper, I find the color is similar to Purple With A Purpose. But Purple With A Purpose is shimmer and bright. Funky Dunkey is soft creme.
I can see why so many viewers like this color. The color is definitely "in" and it's very wearable for all type of skin tone. I give it a 5 because the application is so easy and the finish is good. I will probably buy another back-up bottle.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a fun color! It's almost a dupe for China Glaze Grape Pop - but is maybe not quite as blue-toned. I like the formula for this better than I did the Grape Pop.

This is a fun grapey-jewel toned purple. Great for summer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love OPI's Purple with a Purpose, and this colour is its very close cousin. Funky Dunky is a smooth creamy shade without any shimmer, and Purple with a Purpose looks almost identical to it, but it's flecked with gold shimmer.. It's a beautiful shade of purple that would look good all year round. LOVE this colour and the OPI Shrek collection!!!

Popular Polishes