4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

I'm a griege kind of gal. I love this along with Essie's other "griege" colors. 2 coats to opacity. No streaks. If you like Chinchilly or Master Plan, you'll love this color.

About reviewer (654 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

8 years ago

LOVE this shade. Some people aren't fans of essie polishes because the formulas can be kind of thin or runny, but I find that makes them dry faster and I can control the coats and make them even. This shade isn't really a gray. It's greige. It doesn't sound like a very appealing colour, but I find it to be very sophisticated and a great change from regular neutral beiges. I think this shade would look good on any skin tone and it's a good "work" nail polish. I work in a conservative office and everyone liked the shade.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

8 years ago

this is my first time trying a gray nail polish, and i actually really liked it. at first i was worried that light gray is gonna make my fingers look like skeleton fingers, but i ended up really liking the color on my nails. this is a really creamy "greige" color. it's so cool when i wear gray the nail polish looks gray, and when i wear beige the nail polish looks beige. it's such an unique color. the application was great also, two layers and it was opaque. definitely recommend it!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

8 years ago

This is like my favorite color of all time... I am so glad I found this. The color is very unique. The color is like a gray-beige with a tint of green in it. It's hard to describe but its super amazing! Three coats and its opaque! Great polish.

About reviewer (299 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

9 years ago

In my quest for interesting neutrals, I bought Playa del Platinum. I love the color because it's not going to turn heads at work, but it's still interesting and unexpected. It's a little clay-colored, a little tan, with just a hint of warmth. The formula is very thin and a bit watery - I need three coats to get opaque coverage. It dries somewhat quickly, though, and seems to work well with various base/top coat combinations. It's fun for layering, too! I put it under OPI Sparkle-icious (multicolored glitter) and it reminded me of vanilla frosting with sprinkles.

About reviewer (123 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

3.0

9 years ago

This is, in my small but growing polish collection, the strangest, most interesting shade - it looks like an unassuming light grey/beige in the bottle, but morphs into a unique, green/gray/off white shade. The formula is better than most Essies I've got - it self levels, first of all, which is not a usual Essie trait. It doesn't take forever to dry, but it's certainly not quick, either. It takes three coats for opacity, but ensure each coat is absolutely dry before you apply the next, because it otherwise gets tacky and hard to even out. Other than the need for unusually careful application, I've got no complaints about Playa Del Platinum. It's definitely a neat shade to have in any polish drawer.

About reviewer (1606 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

EyesBrown

9 years ago

Others have described the color very well, a pale grey/beige with slight green undertone. It's a very unique color, I have a few grey polishes, but none quite like this one. The downfalls for me is that it does need 3 coats to become opaque and I find the brush thinner that I like. I wont comment on wear time, as I have thin nails and a job that's hard on them so all polishes chip in a couple days on me. For me it's as good as OPI, $OPI, China Glaze, etc. Overall, I love this color. Its weird and edgy, without being in your face or over the top.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

9 years ago

I expected this to be just another regular light grey or sandy beige color but was pleasantly surprised. After 3 thin coats, Playa del Platinum is a beautiful gray/beige but with a hint of "shabby chic" green to it. I absolutely adore this polish. It suits my extremely fair/cool skin wonderfully. I was planning to wait until late Spring to wear it but its the end of January & it looks completely appropriate for my hands. It's a very unique shade and totally wearable :)

About reviewer (65 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Other

EyesHazel

9 years ago

When I picked up the bottle I thought this would be a standard light grey polish. However, when it's on it is quite unusual and does have a slight greeny tinge, but is still definitely grey against my skintone (NW20). All in all an interesting nude and a good spring/summer shade. As with most Essies application and formula were great and it wore well.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

9 years ago

I love this one. I think that this is typical greige - pale grey and pale beige mixed in the bottle and, voila, we have Playa del Platinum. Yep, it's not grey and not beige either. It's greige, very beutiful greige :D Opacity maybe isn't the best, sometimes I need to use three coats of this polish. I also use a coat of Sevhe Vite, so it dries in a fifteen minutes. Playa del Platinum is definitely unique. And classy. And ladylike. Must have, definitely :)

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm