Almay Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads

Almay Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads
image 1image 2image 3

3.6

Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol 12-29-2010

I have loved these Almay Oil-free Makeup remover pads for a while. I had a friend who introduced it to me a couple of years ago and found it to be an effective eye makeup remover. Unfortunately Almay has reformulated it and changed the thickness of the pad as well as the formula of the eye makeup remover. It is less effective and it also stings my eye which the older version didn't. I always have residue even after vigorously rubbing my eyes which defeats the point of using this product. I find that I have to use two pads per eye as one is so thin and doesn't have much product on it. Definitely will not be repurchasing this product unless they change it back to the original version.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

These burned and scarred my eyelid. I don't know why!!! The best remover pads I've used are from the brand Yes @ target. I stopped using JESS on my eyes and began using them on my matte liquid lipsticks because they do take everything off.

To Read all 483 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/3/2016 12:08:00 AM

I used to love these convenient Almay pads that removed my makeup so well without leaving an oily residue. The price got a little steep however so I switched to Neutrogena in a bottle with separate cosmetic rounds. I just spotted these Almay packs on special at Rite aid ( a bonus pack included) and repurchased thinking " what a great deal"; opened the package and was blown away by the heavy alcohol scent. I don't recall these even having any kind of fragrance before.I didn't experience any burning ......as of yet that is , but I am definitely going back to Neutrogena in the future.

I loved these makeup remover pads for years. I discovered eyeliner in the early 90s, and I had a little pink and white jar of Almay makeup remover. I never strayed because they worked exactly the way I wanted.
I stocked up several times when I spotted them at Big Lots, for fear they were being discontinued, but it was usually just packaging updates.
Then this most recent new package showed up. It said nothing about being reformulated, it boasted about how it's the #1 selling makeup remover.
The first night, my eyes BURNED. I blamed my new mascara, because Almay had never let me down. But the burning continued.
I compared ingredient labels, the older jar I had vs the new jar.
Almay, the company that markets toward people who are sensitive, decided to add BENZYL ALCOHOL to a product you apply to your eyes. 20+ years of a great formula, that earned them the #1 spot, and they decided all us sensitive types would appreciate a little alcohol rubbed in our eyes, I guess.
Sadly seeking a new makeup remover.

on 9/8/2015 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Um, ouch. I am soooooo glad i got this for free, or else i would be ticked that i wasted money. ($4 off any almay product coupon, plus it was on sale for $2.99) These babies buuuuurn, and i dont even have sensitive lids or eyes. And, i went through darn near the entire container the first time i used them. Cool. I used up about 75% of them, but ditched it when my eyes became flakey and sore. Not to mention i lost about 2 eyelashes every night in battle. Gave it 2 lippies for just the idea of it, kind of like the convenience. Save your money, I am switching back to mineral oil. Should have never strayed.

on 9/1/2015 1:40:00 PM

I've been using these for as long as I can remember. They are the only eye-makeup remover product I use. I wear contact lenses, and these are great for me because they don't leave any oily residue on my eyes or lenses.

I also love that the pads don't leave cotton fuzzies on or in my eyes (unlike when using liquid remover and cotton balls/rounds.) Some reviewers complained about the small size of the pads, but that is a positive for me because I can use just the number I need with no wasted surface area. For removing light eye-makeup, I might need only one or two. For removal of more pigmented shadows/liner and mascara, I often use four or five.

If the pads on top seem dry (especially when opening a new container), this is because the liquid has settled to the bottom. A trick I use is to flip the stack of pads over. The lower layer of pads will be perfectly saturated and in time, the dry ones will re-moisten.

on 8/5/2015 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Very convenient, and I like the round shape of the pads, but they burn my eyes if I'm not EXTREMELY careful, and it often takes several of them to cleanse each eye, even if I'm wearing light mascara.. and after use, there is always a bit of an oily residue left.

on 8/3/2015 1:57:00 PM

This was just terrible. Not only did my eyes sting when I was using them, but my eyelids literally had chemical burns on them after just a few consecutive days of use. Besides that, I had to use 3 or 4 pads on each eye, so I went through them extremely fast.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

For years these pads have been on various "best product" lists. I finally gave in to the hype and tried them. My initial thoughts were that they would be convenient for travel and lazy nights. Unfortunately they are not saturated with enough product and it took at least 2 pads per eye to get my makeup off. Removing mascara resulted in several lost lashes and stinging lids from too much rubbing. I will use up the rest of the tub and go back to my trusty Neutrogena remover.

This is the best eye makeup remover I have used. Doesn't sting eyes. Easy to use. Gets the job done