Almay Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads

Almay Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads
Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover PadsNon-Oily Eye Makeup Remover PadsNon-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads

3.6

Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol 12-29-2010

This is a nice idea but doesn't work for me, I don't even use waterproof eye makeup and this eye makeup remover is not effective. I go through pad after pad and there is always more eye makeup remove. I was hoping this would be as effective as Clinique's eye makeup remover in the purple bottle (can't remember the name) but it's not even close. Not worth the money, will keep on searching.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

There are a lot of bad reviews for this here, and people saying the formula has changed, but I tried these again recently after probably a 20 year gap (yikes!) and they are exactly as I remember: gentle, and effective. In fact they are way more effective than I remembered, or maybe when I was younger I just took it for granted that a m/u remover would do its job. I had been feeling baffled lately by how hard it was to get my (regular, not waterproof) mascara and liner off at night, and went through many, many recommended removers, from the oil/water combos to oils, cleansers, lotions, balms, whole-face wipes and no-rinse formulas. There was a point where I used an oil/water one, then a cleanser, then no-rinse on a q-tip to clean up, and still ended up with dark streaks under my eyes the next morning, which frustrated and mystified me. Because of my age I was not rubbing at all, but I think everyone is careful around their eyes. How could these removers that failed me work so well for so many other people? In the drugstore the other day I suddenly remembered what a mainstay the Almay oil-free eye makeup remover pads were for me years ago, and picked up a jar on an impulse, not expecting anything. To my surprise, using one pad for each eye, just holding the pad against my lids, then folding it up in various ways and carefully cleaning around my eye, I'm getting complete makeup removal with no stinging or irritation at all. I use my cleanser afterwards, and no residue. One and done, well technically, 2 pads, but one step. Finally! Maybe that's why I couldn't remember having an issue with eye makeup removal when I was younger, because I always had a jar of the Almay pads on hand. I must have stopped using them because I figured that other, or newer, or higher-end products would be better. My mistake! This product works perfectly for me, and if there are nights I need to go through 4 of the pads, or more, so be it. It isn't that expensive, is often on sale, and if I stop experimenting with other removers, I know I'll be saving a lot over the long run. Just as in the old days, I am also expecting to get a "dud" container every once in a while, where the pads are too dry, which I've found can happen with other products like this occasionally such as hand sanitizer wipes. As to the addition of benzoyl alcohol, I agree that doesn't sound good, so I checked beautypedia for their review, as they are very good at screening products for troublesome ingredients, and they gave it 4 stars. I'm very happy to have re-found this product, as not being able to remove my eye makeup was really driving me crazy!

I have loved these Almay Oil-free Makeup remover pads for a while. I had a friend who introduced it to me a couple of years ago and found it to be an effective eye makeup remover. Unfortunately Almay has reformulated it and changed the thickness of the pad as well as the formula of the eye makeup remover. It is less effective and it also stings my eye which the older version didn't. I always have residue even after vigorously rubbing my eyes which defeats the point of using this product. I find that I have to use two pads per eye as one is so thin and doesn't have much product on it. Definitely will not be repurchasing this product unless they change it back to the original version.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

There's not a good amount of product on each pad so I use two or three on each eye. There also rather small and cant swipe the entire area well. I'm really picky dabbing around my eye area so I wouldn't buy again.

on 4/22/2017 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Edit: I opened a brand new container which stings a bit. The old almay non oily did not sting. I will probably repurchase because it doesn't dry out my skin or aggravate my milia, but I will probably use them for the face. I can use Bliss lid and lash on my mascara and other eye make up.
-----

I used to love these: wet, perfect size , portable. Removed all traces of makeup without bleariness, oiliness or issues. Recently I purchased and they were pretty dry and ineffective. So I am using them in conjunction with a small amount of my Bliss lid and lash remover gel which I love. They are still the perfect size and two are enough to take off all my makeup. They don't absorb as much product as a cotton pad, so I think there is less waste.

on 1/12/2017 2:28:00 AM

I normally use cream make up remover but these work well for travelling or when I don't want to do my entire face. The problem with them is that they are somewhat greesy so you can't easily apply make up right away after using them. They are best used before showering or washing your face really well. But they do get all the eye make up off without causing any noticeable dragging.

I loved these makeup remover pads for years. I discovered eyeliner in the early 90s, and I had a little pink and white jar of Almay makeup remover. I never strayed because they worked exactly the way I wanted.
I stocked up several times when I spotted them at Big Lots, for fear they were being discontinued, but it was usually just packaging updates.
Then this most recent new package showed up. It said nothing about being reformulated, it boasted about how it's the #1 selling makeup remover.
The first night, my eyes BURNED. I blamed my new mascara, because Almay had never let me down. But the burning continued.
I compared ingredient labels, the older jar I had vs the new jar.
Almay, the company that markets toward people who are sensitive, decided to add BENZYL ALCOHOL to a product you apply to your eyes. 20+ years of a great formula, that earned them the #1 spot, and they decided all us sensitive types would appreciate a little alcohol rubbed in our eyes, I guess.
Sadly seeking a new makeup remover.

on 2/3/2016 12:08:00 AM

I used to love these convenient Almay pads that removed my makeup so well without leaving an oily residue. The price got a little steep however so I switched to Neutrogena in a bottle with separate cosmetic rounds. I just spotted these Almay packs on special at Rite aid ( a bonus pack included) and repurchased thinking " what a great deal"; opened the package and was blown away by the heavy alcohol scent. I don't recall these even having any kind of fragrance before.I didn't experience any burning ......as of yet that is , but I am definitely going back to Neutrogena in the future.

on 9/8/2015 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Um, ouch. I am soooooo glad i got this for free, or else i would be ticked that i wasted money. ($4 off any almay product coupon, plus it was on sale for $2.99) These babies buuuuurn, and i dont even have sensitive lids or eyes. And, i went through darn near the entire container the first time i used them. Cool. I used up about 75% of them, but ditched it when my eyes became flakey and sore. Not to mention i lost about 2 eyelashes every night in battle. Gave it 2 lippies for just the idea of it, kind of like the convenience. Save your money, I am switching back to mineral oil. Should have never strayed.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

These burned and scarred my eyelid. I don't know why!!! The best remover pads I've used are from the brand Yes @ target. I stopped using JESS on my eyes and began using them on my matte liquid lipsticks because they do take everything off.