3.6

price range

Reviews

3.0

4 months ago

I like the idea of these more than the reality. I first used these a good decade (or more) ago, and I remember the eye pads being a larger size - now they seem so tiny! Even a fairly light eye makeup look requires 4-5 pads for me. Also, while it ends to be a little better value, I'd recommend not purchasing the 120 count as it seems like the first 1/4th of the stack is on the dry side, causing me to use even more pads. In the past I never remember having issues with these pads, they always were super gentle and did not cause me any irritation. However, it seems like my eyes got more irritated from using the pads this time, which is disappointing. This tended to happen when I had more product to remove. I think I'll be moving on from these for good. There's got to be something better out there.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

a year ago

This rating is a little misleading. I buy this because I love the pads and the jar for use and travel. The trick is, I add other makeup removers I like to the jar. I find using cotton balls or pads use up too much remover but these pads work great and travel well. I add Mary Kay or Clinique remover and use these. Its a perfect combination!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

from

2 years ago

HOLY GRAIL. I use these every night and morning. I have sensitive eyes and wear contacts and never have any trouble with these. I stock up when they are buy 1, get 1 50% off at Ulta. I also have the tiny container which I refill and use for travel. I don't know what I'd do if these were ever discontinued.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

1.0

3 years ago

This is a nice idea but doesn't work for me, I don't even use waterproof eye makeup and this eye makeup remover is not effective. I go through pad after pad and there is always more eye makeup remove. I was hoping this would be as effective as Clinique's eye makeup remover in the purple bottle (can't remember the name) but it's not even close. Not worth the money, will keep on searching.

About reviewer (103 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

from

3 years ago

Edit: I opened a brand new container which stings a bit. The old almay non oily did not sting. I will probably repurchase because it doesn't dry out my skin or aggravate my milia, but I will probably use them for the face. I can use Bliss lid and lash on my mascara and other eye make up. ----- I used to love these: wet, perfect size , portable. Removed all traces of makeup without bleariness, oiliness or issues. Recently I purchased and they were pretty dry and ineffective. So I am using them in conjunction with a small amount of my Bliss lid and lash remover gel which I love. They are still the perfect size and two are enough to take off all my makeup. They don't absorb as much product as a cotton pad, so I think there is less waste.

About reviewer (517 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

I normally use cream make up remover but these work well for travelling or when I don't want to do my entire face. The problem with them is that they are somewhat greesy so you can't easily apply make up right away after using them. They are best used before showering or washing your face really well. But they do get all the eye make up off without causing any noticeable dragging.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

EyesBlack

3 years ago

There's not a good amount of product on each pad so I use two or three on each eye. There also rather small and cant swipe the entire area well. I'm really picky dabbing around my eye area so I wouldn't buy again.

About reviewer (519 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

4 years ago

I have loved these Almay Oil-free Makeup remover pads for a while. I had a friend who introduced it to me a couple of years ago and found it to be an effective eye makeup remover. Unfortunately Almay has reformulated it and changed the thickness of the pad as well as the formula of the eye makeup remover. It is less effective and it also stings my eye which the older version didn't. I always have residue even after vigorously rubbing my eyes which defeats the point of using this product. I find that I have to use two pads per eye as one is so thin and doesn't have much product on it. Definitely will not be repurchasing this product unless they change it back to the original version.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

1.0

4 years ago

These burned and scarred my eyelid. I don't know why!!! The best remover pads I've used are from the brand Yes @ target. I stopped using JESS on my eyes and began using them on my matte liquid lipsticks because they do take everything off.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium Brown

4 years ago

I used to love these convenient Almay pads that removed my makeup so well without leaving an oily residue. The price got a little steep however so I switched to Neutrogena in a bottle with separate cosmetic rounds. I just spotted these Almay packs on special at Rite aid ( a bonus pack included) and repurchased thinking " what a great deal"; opened the package and was blown away by the heavy alcohol scent. I don't recall these even having any kind of fragrance before.I didn't experience any burning ......as of yet that is , but I am definitely going back to Neutrogena in the future.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure