MAC Sheertone Blush in Gingerly

Sheertone Blush in GingerlyMAC Gingerly BlushSheertone Blush in Gingerly

4.5

on 9/6/2016 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Why did I take so long to get Gingerly? It's a matte peachy brown that looks natural on the skin (I'm NC35). What's good about Gingerly is its versatility....you can use it for simple every day looks and it also goes well with more dramatic bold eye makeup or a bold lip looks since it does not compete for attention.

on 7/15/2016 4:07:00 PM

There are a lot of sexy blush and contour releases out now. GINGERLY can hold its own against them all. This was an airport impulse buy and has become a staple on my NC25 skin. Despite being labeled 'sheer tone' this is a well-pigmented formulation that makes a great blush/bronzer/contour/eye color depending on the depth. Suits my skin tone perfectly. Versitle enough for travel. Even goes on well with fingers - which makes for even lighter travel. If this color suits your skin tone, it's a great, practical shade.

on 2/13/2016 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

MAC sheertone in gingerly is my favorite blush. The sheertone effect gives me a neutral looked.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Gingerly is the perfect neutral matte blush for me. I purchased this because from what I could tell from swatches online, it was the same color as Sunbasque minus the shimmer and glitter finish. The color of Sunbasque is the perfect blush for me but I wanted something more toned down. I was a little nervous based on the fact that many other reviewers with my same skintone range (NC25-30) said this looked too brown. However I usually find that I like how I look better in blushes typically recommended and loved by deeper skintones, because I have a strong red/brown tanned tone to my skin even though it's paler, if that makes sense. I have tried tenderling which was too pale (I loved the peachy color and I used it for a year, hit pan because I had to use so much of it) and blushbaby which was too cool toned.

Gingerly shows up like a warm bronzer with a little bit of peach/orange on my cheeks. I dab a blush brush into it once (not swirling, but covering the whole brush) and apply it with moderate pressure to my cheekbones. It looks natural and not too bright.

I have bought this blush more than 2 times. I'm very hit or miss with Mac and I find a lot of its products to be more hype than quality. this blush thiugh, was a total hit for me and some friends I did makeup on for school dances and such. this blush is abdolutely beautiful on. it is a very natural color that works extremely well with a ton of different skin types. the product itself is also very bendable and build able of you want to produce more color. the life of the color is also very good. it lasts me all day needing 0 touch ups. 100% would repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this last week and have been using this everyday! I have fair/yellow skintone and this shows up very nicely. This is a multi-purpose blush as I can get away with using it as a bronzer/blush. It looks amazing and gives my skin a subtle nice and natural glow. I can easily overdo it if I have a heavy hand and it can appear reddish on my skinstone. Just make sure you start off with less product and build up to the color and intensity that you like and blend away the edges.

on 4/23/2015 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is a good peachy-brown blush. I love MAC blushes, they're so smooth, blendable and natural looking. I like this because I can use it to contour/define my lower cheekbones and nose, as a bronzer, or just as a regular blush. It's a great blush for the office/daytime or for a natural look. Even though I really like this blush, I don't think I will repurchase simply because I also have MAC Mocha which is somewhat similar but for some reason Mocha looks so much better on me. That one I will definitely repurchase. But Gingerly is still great and I wear it all the time.

on 10/13/2014 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I am so mad at myself for not purchasing this blush earlier! I always saw Gingerly when I went to MAC but I always thought it was just a boring bronzer looking shade that wasn't too special but one of the girls at MAC made me sit and try it on my skin and oh my gosh! It's so much more beautiful on the skin than it first looks in the pan. It's a beautiful peachy brown shade, similar to coppertone but a little bit darker and better for my NW40 skin tone. It shows up beautifully, very pigmented, blends like a dream, never powdery or chalky, smooth as butter. I've been wearing this blush for 3 weeks straight now since I've bought it, it's a blush that goes with every eye look or lip color you can think of. Very effortless natural color. Out of the 6 MAC blushes I own, Margin and Gingerly are definitely my most used and favorited shades. Is it pricey? Yes but I believe you get what you pay for. Great quality product that also hasn't irritated my acne prone skin. I LOVE GINGERLY.

on 4/20/2014 3:11:00 AM

This was my first MAC blush and is georgeos, im nc 35 and is perfect for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I always hesitate when it comes to reviewing blushes because I just don't think it's fair to give something a low rating due to the color. In terms of longevity and color payoff, it's an average MAC blush. Pigmentation can be built up and it will last a good 4-5 hours. I did not particularly enjoy Gingerly on MY NC25 skin but that doesn't mean it won't work for others. It does come off a little muddy and orange so maybe girls with NC20-NC30 girls should keep that in mind. However, this would look great on NC35 and up girls.

Popular Blush Products