MAC Sheertone Blush in Gingerly

MAC Sheertone Blush in Gingerly
Sheertone Blush in GingerlyMAC Gingerly BlushSheertone Blush in Gingerly

4.5

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

As a fair skinned girl, finding a blush that doesn't make me look like a clown when applied, or dead if it wears away too fast, leaving me with little to no color or a blotch of pink on my cheeks, is quite a challenge. So after a lot of scrolling through the internet, and then going to the mall to browse in person, I decided to try out some MAC products. Since I can remember YouTube beauty artists have raved over how wonderful MAC blushes and other face products were.

When I saw Gingerly, I was skeptical because of its color. It appeared to be a bit too orange... But when I swatched the sample along my skin, I fell in love. I was very shocked at how quickly I did. Such a gorgeous shade of a warm, rich terra cotta! It has become such a staple now to my collection.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I don't know what is sheertone about this, maybe the name because the product itself is really pigmented. You have to be careful when you apply it as it can be too much, especially if you don't have a lot of experience. I fell in love with it watching one of Nicole Guerriero's make-up tutorials in which she used this. I went the next day to the MAC store and bought it, even though it is expensive the pan is huge, and given the fact that it is so pigmented a little goes a long way, so I'm sure it will last forever.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One of my all-time favorite blushes! I love this blush so much. It is the perfect neutral blush and goes with any look. The color is a peachy/brown-ish color almost like a bronzer color but not quite. It's a great color if you aren't into pink blushes (pink looks awful on me). When I am lazy I just use this instead of using a blush and a bronzer. I've had this blush for like 3 or 4 years and I have yet to even hit pan on this...I think it's because it's pretty pigmented you only need the smallest amount (especially if your skin is light). It also lasts all day! When I finally run out I will repurchase because this is a must have blush color to have in your collection!

on 9/6/2016 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Why did I take so long to get Gingerly? It's a matte peachy brown that looks natural on the skin (I'm NC35). What's good about Gingerly is its versatility....you can use it for simple every day looks and it also goes well with more dramatic bold eye makeup or a bold lip looks since it does not compete for attention.

on 7/15/2016 4:07:00 PM

There are a lot of sexy blush and contour releases out now. GINGERLY can hold its own against them all. This was an airport impulse buy and has become a staple on my NC25 skin. Despite being labeled 'sheer tone' this is a well-pigmented formulation that makes a great blush/bronzer/contour/eye color depending on the depth. Suits my skin tone perfectly. Versitle enough for travel. Even goes on well with fingers - which makes for even lighter travel. If this color suits your skin tone, it's a great, practical shade.

on 2/13/2016 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

MAC sheertone in gingerly is my favorite blush. The sheertone effect gives me a neutral looked.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Gingerly is the perfect neutral matte blush for me. I purchased this because from what I could tell from swatches online, it was the same color as Sunbasque minus the shimmer and glitter finish. The color of Sunbasque is the perfect blush for me but I wanted something more toned down. I was a little nervous based on the fact that many other reviewers with my same skintone range (NC25-30) said this looked too brown. However I usually find that I like how I look better in blushes typically recommended and loved by deeper skintones, because I have a strong red/brown tanned tone to my skin even though it's paler, if that makes sense. I have tried tenderling which was too pale (I loved the peachy color and I used it for a year, hit pan because I had to use so much of it) and blushbaby which was too cool toned.

Gingerly shows up like a warm bronzer with a little bit of peach/orange on my cheeks. I dab a blush brush into it once (not swirling, but covering the whole brush) and apply it with moderate pressure to my cheekbones. It looks natural and not too bright.

I have bought this blush more than 2 times. I'm very hit or miss with Mac and I find a lot of its products to be more hype than quality. this blush thiugh, was a total hit for me and some friends I did makeup on for school dances and such. this blush is abdolutely beautiful on. it is a very natural color that works extremely well with a ton of different skin types. the product itself is also very bendable and build able of you want to produce more color. the life of the color is also very good. it lasts me all day needing 0 touch ups. 100% would repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this last week and have been using this everyday! I have fair/yellow skintone and this shows up very nicely. This is a multi-purpose blush as I can get away with using it as a bronzer/blush. It looks amazing and gives my skin a subtle nice and natural glow. I can easily overdo it if I have a heavy hand and it can appear reddish on my skinstone. Just make sure you start off with less product and build up to the color and intensity that you like and blend away the edges.

on 4/23/2015 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is a good peachy-brown blush. I love MAC blushes, they're so smooth, blendable and natural looking. I like this because I can use it to contour/define my lower cheekbones and nose, as a bronzer, or just as a regular blush. It's a great blush for the office/daytime or for a natural look. Even though I really like this blush, I don't think I will repurchase simply because I also have MAC Mocha which is somewhat similar but for some reason Mocha looks so much better on me. That one I will definitely repurchase. But Gingerly is still great and I wear it all the time.