Bioderma Sebium Purifying Foaming Gel

Bioderma Sebium Purifying Foaming Gel
Sebium Purifying Foaming Gel

4.4

WATER (AQUA), SODIUM COCOAMPHOACETATE, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, PEG-200 HYDROGENATED GLYCERYL PALMATE, PEG-40 GLYCERYL COCOATE, DISODIUM EDTA, CITRIC ACID, ZINC SULFATE, SODIUM COCETH SULFATE, PEG-7 GLYCERYL COCOATE, COPPER SULFATE, GINKGO BILOBA EXTRACT, SODIUM CHLORIDE, XYLITOL, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, MANNITOL, RHAMNOSE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, SODIUM PROPYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bioderma Sebium Purifying Gel has been wonderful to my skin. I've been suffering from severe acne (the clogged pores + active pimples type - all over face) since stopping birth control pill Yasmin. I first used Benzac 2.5% to treat the then severe, active acne and calm inflammation down (I only applied thinly for 5 min, once a day then washed off). Once my skin stabilised a little, I switched to Bioderma gel to help sustain it.

I've been using it for 2 weeks now and I've seen remarkable improvement. I'm so grateful to have found something that works, coupled with Bioderma Sebium Global, after trying myriad of treatments and spending thousands. My acne has reduced significantly - only one/two active pimples and few minor clogged pores. I now have scar/hyperpigmentation to deal with but this requires time and cell regeneration. It treats oily skin, acne-prone and redness from acne. It's also gentle enough for sensitive skin like mine.

I highly recommend it and do try if you're looking for a wash for oily/acne-prone skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

First impression: This cleansed my face well, together with Foreo luna. It didn't foam much at all. Face felt clean, rinsed pretty clean but not overly drying. Skin feels a little tight though. Nothing moisturizer can't fix. It's pretty pricy for drugstore in Australia ($26 for 200 ml).
No noticable effect yet. I'm hoping this will reduce my clogged pores - blackheads and whiteheads. I found the one in a squeeze tube version as well as a pump. Not sure what is the difference (the pump is more expensive and the one I bought). The pump can be locked so it's travel friendly! I wish more companies make pump bottle lockable like this! I will update more

Update 1/8/16
This is a good basic cleanser that smells refreshing. It foams up really good with my foreo luna mini 2, it can be a bit drying but not as drying as Avene cleanance gel. I do get less clogged pores, but I'm not sure if this product alone or from both combination of my foreo luna and this cleanser. I also love how it contains a small amount of lactic acid in it. I will repurchase again even though it's expensive in Australia.

To Read all 55 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This makes my skin feel so soft after using it. Having oily skin, this doesn't dry me out, but I don't know how it would work for other skin types, tbh.

on 5/26/2016 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Love it.

I didn't want to buy this cause I was really just trying to get the makeup remover and go home, but the lady at the counter told me I get a free gift with a $30 purchase of Bioderma products so she directed me to this cleanser for oily/combo skin and explained that it pushes up the impurities and deep cleans, as well as calms your sebum and oily skin and I won't regret it.

So she said I'd notice the difference between cleansing with this and cleansing with my aveeno cleanser.

Song came home, removed my makeup with Bioderma MakeupRemover Sensibio.

Then wet a my face and a cotton round and pumped one pump of cleanser onto the pad. Then I washed my face. (I use a cotton pad in the meantime while I decided between the clarisonic and Luna to wash my face )

I definitely noticed that difference.... Completely.

It was gentle, it felt luxe on my skin and and when I rinsed my skin looked and felt very clean. Also there was absolutely no residue on my cotton round from removing makeup from the Sensibio step.

I went to tone with Body Shop Tea tree and it felt like my skin was way more absorbent of the tea tree product and again, absolutely NO residue on my cotton round after toning!!

Amazing.

My skin felt and looked better than ever after only one wash!

So, I'm happy. You will be too. My skin is suffering from hormonal acne
I am very disgustingly oily. Like you can FRY AN EGG ON MY FACE that's how oily I get...
My skin has gotten a bit textured from all the bumps I had from hormonal acne too...

This cleanser made my skin look amazing, after moisturizing my skin was not too oily at all - and I just looked and felt cleansed.

on 5/11/2016 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I 've repurchased this cleanser a couple of times, because of the good quality, mild scent, and that it does not irritate my sensetive skin at all. The only downside of it is that it dries out my skin after I wash it, but thats ok with me as long as I follow it with a moisterizer, but that may make me look for another brand next time.

on 3/24/2016 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I'm moving away from harsh cleansers as an experiment to cure my gross, lumpy skin. Firstly, the scent is fresh after each wash, and doesn't induce a headache. The formula is non irritating and doesn't strip all the moisture from my face. It's a very gentle cleanser, yet it cleans off everything really well and leaves my face feeling refreshed.

on 1/29/2016 3:33:00 PM

This product is a little bit drying for my skin but it does feels clean after cleansing.
I would not buy this product again because I had huge breakouts when using this, it looked like a horrible cystic acne. Probably it didn't match my skin type.

This is my favorite cleanser of all time, and I have tried alot of them.
I started using it when my skin was covered with acne and even cystic acne. Now I have combo/acne prone and barely break out (thank you Accutane) but this product still works just as good on my clearer skin.
It doesn't break me out and it doesn't leave a residue on my skin like some other cleansers do. It makes my face squeeky clean without drying me out and my skin doesn't feel tight.
It's a little on the pricey side but don't let that stop you! I got the big bottle on sale and it lasts a loooooong time. A little goes a long way!
I highly recommend this product to anyone with combo/acne prone skin.

on 12/30/2015 7:47:00 PM

This is without a doubt my HG face cleanser. I have really oily skin when I work so this is the best after a day to wash all the gross stuff off my face. It super easy to use. It smells nice in the way that it smells fresh and clean. It is a little expensive but I see it as an investment in the care of my skin.

I use this product twice a day. After using the gel, I use the Bioderma Mat cream for the morning so it holds off the oil during the day (it doesn't stop it but it does delay the oiliness) and I used the Bioderma Hydra for before I go to bed to hydrate my skin while I sleep. If you don't use a moisturiser, then your skin will feel dry and tight after using it but most cleansers do that.

I love this product cause it clears the life out of my face and leaves it fresh, clean and glowing.

on 12/24/2015 1:42:00 AM

This is the first cleanser i have ever used and i think that i already found my HG cleanser, when i first used it I hated it thinking that my skin didnt like it cuz i was getting small pimples in places where i dunt usually break out .I stopped it for a while and then decided to use it again sparingly to see if my skin will get accustomed to it. It turned out that my skin was not breaking out , but it was going through a purging process where all the pimples I had under my skin appeared to the surface and vanished. I used now on a daily basis , once a day and my skin loves it.It is cleaner, brighter and smoother.