BIODERMA Sebium Purifying Cleansing Foaming Gel

BIODERMA Sebium Purifying Cleansing Foaming Gel
Bioderma Sebium Purifying Foaming GelSebium Purifying Cleansing Foaming GelSebium Purifying Cleansing Foaming Gel

4.4

WATER (AQUA), SODIUM COCOAMPHOACETATE, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, PEG-200 HYDROGENATED GLYCERYL PALMATE, PEG-40 GLYCERYL COCOATE, DISODIUM EDTA, CITRIC ACID, ZINC SULFATE, SODIUM COCETH SULFATE, PEG-7 GLYCERYL COCOATE, COPPER SULFATE, GINKGO BILOBA EXTRACT, SODIUM CHLORIDE, XYLITOL, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, MANNITOL, RHAMNOSE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, SODIUM PROPYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM).

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This cleanser was recommended to me by my dermatologist after my dry, usually spot-free skin broke out all over in hormonal cystic acne last year. At the time I was wearing a LOT of makeup every day, as it was the only way I had the confidence to leave the house, so I needed a cleanser that was going to really clean my face and get those last bits of foundation/concealer after removing my makeup (I double cleanse). Before seeing the doctor, I had tried both cleansers for acne-prone skin, which were overwhelmingly harsh and would dry my face out horribly, and cleansers for sensitive skin, which were too gentle and left my skin feeling like it wasn’t clean. This cleanser did what no other cleanser seemed to be able to, and at 1/3 the price to boot! It has a faint, pleasant smell and foams up nicely from a small pump, leaving your face feeling lovely and clean without feeling like it’s been stripped to death, which is very easy to do with dry skin. Now that my skin has healed from the acne (thanks to prescribed creams), I’ve mainly switched to a gentler cleanser as I don’t really wear much makeup, but on days where I do a full face this remains my go-to.

TLDR; Great for all types of acne prone skin (did not kill my dry skin) or if you wear a lot of makeup and need a good, deep clean. Affordable, lasts a long time, does what it's supposed to. Buy it.

on 1/20/2019 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have combination sensitive acne prone skin. (Oily tzone and dry cheeks) many cleansers dry me out , this one left me balanced and soft. I researched PH balanced cleansers, and this was on the list and has the correct PH. The scent is light and fresh, id prefer unscented version but it’s not strong at all. This does make a nice creamy light lather that feels nice. I usually prefer more natural cleansers but atleast this doesn’t have parabens. I don’t know if it removes makeup as I use the sensibio Micellar Water for that. I like to use this in the mornings and after removing makeup at night. It has really balanced my skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

YOU NEED TO PURCHASE THIS. I have EXTREMLEY oily acne prone skin. I purchased this and am absolutely thrilled for the price $20.00 CAD for 500Ml is a great deal.

First impressions: this is incredible, it is scented however it’s a clean smell. This soothes my skin beautify and did not dry out my skin. Which every cleanser I have ever used that is designed for oily skin, has either stripped my skin entirely of any moisture/oil or left it feeling junky and not clean.

This left my skin feeling clean, moisturized and tightened.

Along with this I purchased the red bottle of miceller water and am just as impressed.

Look no further I have spent $1000’a of dollars on sub-par skincare that I use once and toss away at the fate of being unimpressed once again.

Thank you Bioderma! I wish I tried this sooner!

Update: 6 months after use: my skin is in the best condition I have ever seen it in. My oil production has reduced, my skin is moisturized and my acne - non existent. I will never use anything else. This is my HG

on 7/28/2018 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Best face wash I’ve used so far! Perfect for acne prone/oily skin, pleasant smell, love the pump bottle. Might be a little drying to some people. Definitely purchasing again;)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Not too bad but there are better options. I have combination skin with normal to dry cheeks, oilyish t-zone. This didn't cause a problem for any of them. I used it only once a day and didn't find it drying. My skin actually felt softer after every time I washed my face with it. Cleans well too.

But the fragrance is a dealbreaker. It has a nice, light smell but scented products often cause a pimple for me and indeed this does too. Not all the time, but I do get one pimple clearly caused by this every now and then. I feel safe to say the problem was this as all the other products I use are the same and on my face I only get pimple(s) on my chin during PMS time. Never anywhere else. After I started to wash my face with this, sometimes I get one pimple on my nose and other areas. Never more than one pimple so not THAT irritating, but still, there are other face washes that I had no problem with.

on 4/15/2018 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Worth it!
I have a bit of acne/breakouts, but mostly redness, other scars and texture, after using it daily for 1 week I could see a difference, I was sugested to use it even during my on going acne treatment.
I don´t see anythings wrong with this product.

on 4/2/2018 3:59:00 PM

I've been using this for a month only, but so far, so good! It is a little bit drying and it has perfume, but other than that it seems like a great product. I used to only clean my face with micellar water in the last years, but some very stressful events led to a couple of quite severe acne episodes and this cleanser was highly recommended. Let's hope it will help. Will come back with an update soon.

Later edit: 3 months later and I can confirm this is a good, gentle but very efficient product, perfect for sensitive skin. Recommended!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this cleanser a lot. I have oily and acne-prone skin but when I use a lot of cleansers for oily skin they completely strip the oil from my face leaving it feeling tight and irritating my skin over time, no matter how much moisturizer I use. This cleanser makes my skin feel clean and refreshed without over-drying or that tight feeling. I haven't broken out since adding this to my skin care routine, so that's really exciting.

The cleanser itself is a blue gel, with a light fresh scent that isn't strong at all. I don't find that the gel foams as much as I would think considering it's called a foaming gel, but that's not an issue at all for me. I like that the bottle's pump can easily be locked so that I can take it places, but I'm reaching for things to say about packaging honestly, it's just standard face cleanser packaging. I do like that I could get it in a big bottle.

I only paid $22 for a 500mL bottle, which I don't consider very expensive when I could be spending $15 on a 250mL bottle of some other thing. (These prices are in CAD.)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Been using this for 6 years and completely loved it. Helped with acne, did not irritate my sensitive yet oily skin.
Currently taking a break just to try something different but might come back.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have only been using this cleanser for 2-3 weeks and I have noticed a difference in my skin. The main reason why I got it was because I get pretty oily in my t-zone and I am acne-prone there. This cleanser has helped make a difference in both of those aspects. My acne (what's not hormonal or cystic) has decreased. I don't find that this foams up that much, which is a blessing for me because foaming cleansers usually dry out my skin pretty bad but this has never done that. I also use this with a cleansing brush that vibrates which could also be a reason why I'm seeing really good results with it. But none the less, this is definitely a product I recommend for people who are oily/combo/acne-prone.