BRTC Jasmine Water BB Cream SPF 30 PA++

BRTC Jasmine Water BB Cream SPF 30 PA++

3.6

Propylene glycol, cyclomethicone, dimethicone, titanium dioxide, jasminum officinate flower water, sweet almond oil, methicone, isopropyl palmitate, hexyldecyl myristoyl methylaminopropionate, talc, ethyhexyl methoxycinnamate, butylene glycol dicaprate, hydrogenated polydecene, hydrogenated c6-14 olefin polymers, dipentaerythrityl hexahydroxystearate, cetyl PEG dimethicone, arbutin, iron oxides, zinc oxide, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, magnesium sulfate, dimethicone, methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, glycosyl trehalose, disteardimonium hectorite, butylene glycol, portulaca oleracea extract, hydrogenated starch hydrolysate, aluminium stearate, aluminium hydroxide, methylparaben, silica, propylparaben, madecassoside, butylparaben, adenosine

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've been using this almost every day for about 5 years. They have reformulated it and it's not as good as it used to be, so this may be the end of the road.
It comes in one color, which is ghostly, like me (N1N in ELDW), so I'm always happy to have a color match, and I find the formula to be lightly hydrating. It doesn't cling to dry spots and the last power is good for a BB cream. The real selling point here used to be that the coverage was incredible, with a natural, skin-like finish, but the new version is shinier and sheerer, and while it's wearable, it's not the HG it used to be. My skin is sensitive and reactive and I have never had an issue with this product, new version or old version. It's best applied with fingers, and the packaging is a durable squeeze tube. If you like the Korean style shiny skin, you might love the new version of this product. I like it, but I'm not sure if I like it enough to continue buying it instead of searching for something else.

on 4/25/2017 7:35:00 AM

skin: combination to oily, few acne marks from hormonal imbalance

I'm on my 2nd tube and loving this bb cream more than ever. I think there's only one shade and it's bit light for my n23 skin but I love that it adjust and blend so well in my skin once it sets. It has creamy consistency so it's easy to apply. Coverage is light to meduim, it doesn't totally cover my acne marks but it's okay it looks more natural that way perfect for daily wear. Finish is not dewy but glowing! I finish it with powder as I prefer matte and it last longer than without the powder, prolly around 6-7 hours. I start to oil around 3-4 hrs but blotting does not mess with this BB like others do.

Smell doesn't bother me at all. Price is worth the product. And with daily use it last around 5-6 months. Be careful not to layer this with thick/sticky sunscreen, looks horrible in 2-3hrs. I'm using biore watery sunscreen while using this BB cream and my skin looks amazing.

on 1/14/2015 4:03:00 PM

This is the only foundation that I've used that does not turn orange/dark on me - it is perfect for my super pale caucasian-complexion (NC-15?), which is so hard to find a match! Coverage is light/medium: great to even out my skin tone (covers red and most marks), but bigger blemishes/darker marks can show thru, especially after a full day of wear (this fades). I have sensitive skin that breaks out from stress/hormones; I still get a pimple or two monthly, but I don't think this foundation causes breakouts.

I can't speak for any of the "BB" properties, but the SPF 30 properties work great.

PS: Consistency feels good, very smooth. Never dries the skin out; this does leave a "dewy" look, sometimes I use the BRTC Jasmine Water Powder to matte-ify, especially nose and forehead or for the occasional pimple - I do like the glowy look on my cheeks though! This is my HG BB Creme. This would get a 5 if it lasted longer!

on 6/2/2015 9:08:00 AM

I've used this BB cream for about two years now. I use it in the colder months when my skin is drier. It comes out thick but spreads easily to a slightly dewy finish. It sets without any powder and gives a natural, airbrushed finish. This is one BB cream that actually seems to improve my skin, making fine lines less visible and my skin appear plumper. I would recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin.

on 6/29/2015 11:38:00 AM

love this product.

on 11/15/2015 5:13:00 AM

Been using this for about 2 years now. I have tried a couple of other BB creams, both by BRTC and some samples of other brands, but this one suits me best.

When it arrived, I was a bit alarmed at how big the tube was, relative to the amount of stuff in it, and wondered had I been ripped off, but a look online confirmed that 35g is the correct amount.

It comes out of the tube quite dark, and with plenty of pigment. It does have a slight smell, which isn't amazing, but definitely is not unpleasant - is kinda like clean skin really. I applied it, much more carelessly than I would foundation, and a bit less sparingly. Felt good, easy to blend, and quickly settled to my own colour. So far so good.

For me, it is comfortable to wear, and doesn't cling to dry areas or fall off oily areas. I don't think it has great longevity though, but that is ok for my purposes.

Finish is pretty dewy, but it works well with powder if you want a matte look.

Am terribly lazy, so seldom bother to remove make up at night. With foundation, that would wreak havoc on my skin. By contrast, my skin has improved whilst I've been using this stuff, which is always a bonus.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Dry patches are so frustrating to deal with when it comes to foundation and as I'm currently using Retin-A, dryness and redness are commonplace side effects so I decided to try this out and see how much it'd help my skin. Overall, I'm impressed, but this product is pretty tailored to a specific skin type and even more limited by it's color.

Color:
I am NC15-20 and this is a smidge lighter than that and leans pink. Once blended out I find that the pink undertone doesn't matter much. I like that it doesn't have a grey cast like other BB creams. The pale shade limits who can use this though, so unless you're more on the Conan O'Brien side of fair, this isn't going to be a great match.

Texture:
I do like how moist this feels, unlike my Skin79 Hot Orange BB Cream, this feels more like a traditional foundation albeit more gel like. It blends out nicely and has enough runniness/slip to not feel like you're pulling on your skin when applying it with your fingertips which is extra important to me right now as I'm trying not to irritate my skin any more while I'm using Retin-A.

Wear:
Sometimes this settles into my pores and other times it doesn't, I think setting this with a bit of powder or using a primer before helps enhance performance. I like that it doesn't oxidize into a different shade once on my face and washes off with ease.

Treatment:
The ability of this BB cream to heal dry patches/moisturize appears to be true from my use. I really like using this on healing blemishes and flaky skin, it gives me the coverage I need during the day and I find at night the skin sloughs off easier and the new skin underneath isn't irritated/red. It's not going to fix chronically dehydrated skin by any means, but it does do a good job of helping heal the skin and didn't make me break out.

Other details:
The scent of jasmine is refreshing but not overly cloying, some people may not like it though. SPF 30 seems to be doing it's job as well. The price is kind of steep and I was concerned when I got my 35g bottle that it was going to run out quickly because it felt half empty. I've been using this since April and while I feel I'm always about to run out, it's now nearly December and I'm not finished with the tube. Maybe the air in there is doing something to regenerate the product, ha! I'd recommend this BB cream specifically to pale people who are prone to redness, especially during the winter months.

UPDATE: I found this was causing a lot of my unexplained clogged pores and breakouts that Retin-A wasn't treating. Since stopping the use of this, my skin has cleared up considerably. I really liked this product, but if you're prone to acne or using something like Retin-A or another exfoliant, do a test patch before using this all over your face.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I received samples of this product to try in my quest for a pale (NW05?) BB cream. The color is a bit dark still with pink tones. After a light application on my face, the BRTC Jasmine water BB cream clung tenaciously to every dry spot I didn't know I had and promptly broke my face out in whiteheads. I am disappointed, and will use Dr Jart Renewalist BB cream instead.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I used this over last summer, along with my Gowoonsesang (Dr. G) BB cream. Suffice it to say that my Dr. G has only about a week's worth of applications left, while the BRTC is three-quarters full.

I vary between NC15 & an NC20, although I'm leaning towards NW20 as the strange combination of greyness and sallowness of my skin at 54 leaves me looking various shades of dead nowadays. Couple that with having to tone down the rest of my makeup to more neutral shades and my face just looks like a sickly blob with only a hint of any features on it.

This product is definitely for the very pale. I would possibly have been able to carry it off in winter with bold lipsticks and eye colours but, having left it for winter to experiment with, it was still far too ashy white to work. I did experiment with a few other BB creams over that time which were too dark (most prominently yellowish) for me and used this to mix them down. Ultimately, the other BB creams were plain awful and I have no use for it so I've now binned it.

PROS:
- For those of us who prefer lighter coverage (particularly as we age and start looking baggier and saggier around the eyes and jowls), it's nice to get a bit of skin evening without the mask look. This fits the bill and can be built up as a concealer where needed. Bear in mind, however, that my complexion is still quite reasonable and I don't have any call for heavy-duty coverage.
- I don't have dry skin and still suffer from extreme oiliness around the T-zone, i.e. much mad blotting of the forehead, chin and particularly the nose is needed throughout the day, followed by liberal dustings of setting powder (sound like a recipe for baking a golden, crispy chicken!). This didn't break me out - something which has become a bigger problem for me post-menopause than when I when young - or aggravate the oil pooling, although it didn't do anything to diminish the oilies, either.
- Doesn't make your skin look too shiny or have any metallic/glittery particles which seem to be fashionable with young girls, although I still need to use a setting powder to mattify it a little.

CONS:
- Very, very pale.
- I need to use a primer to spackle my pores and crepey lines, otherwise this product settles straight into them.
- Even with a good primer, the white rides into pores and wrinkles over the progress of the day. It does the same without a primer.
- Moisturiser is essential before primer or direct application as it tends to dry the normal skin (while not really assisting in keeping the oilies at bay on oilier areas?!!).

All in all, it really isn't a particularly good BB cream unless you need something to lighten up a darker BB cream (half a pea-sized quantity of the BRTC cream to half a pea-sized quantity of your other BB cream). Frankly, I couldn't be bothered.

on 9/18/2014 6:30:00 AM

Bought a couple samples of this, looking for a Lioele Triple The Solution BB Cream dupe, but cheaper. Just got the samples today and tried it for the first time.
Consistency is nice, not too thin.
Smell is very nice.
Color is pretty spot on for me (NW15 I think, pale English skin).
I have redness and scarring on my neck, so I really do need heavy coverage, but I don't like regular foundations.
First I put on my green color corrector, let it dry first. Then one application of BRTC Jasmine Water BB Cream.
Very light coverage, had to apply a second 'coat'. And even then I still had to apply concealer on my trouble areas.
Overall, I would not get again. I might stick with my Lioele.