Yves Rocher Matte Fluid Foundation

Yves Rocher Matte Fluid Foundation
Yves Rocher Couleurs Nature Matte Fluid Foundt 200

3.2

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I haven't worn this in a while, but from what I remember, it Emphasizes Every Little Texture. When I put this on it made me aware of how many little bumps were on my skin that I never knew were there before the foundation was one. Shade range also needs work. Coverage is on the light side. It didn't keep me matte for long either. As for the packaging, the product leaks out of the hole, but luckily stays within the cap. But quite messy. Wouldn't recommend unless you have smooth skin that doesn't get oily, and you don't need much coverage.

on 8/19/2016 10:41:00 AM

I bought this foundation a few days ago. The shade I bought is a little bit light for me so i apply a few drops of my Revlon foundation after this one. I love it. It feels so light on my skin and smells so good. It doesn't look cakey, and stays on my skin for hours (I don't use primer and setting powder.) and my face doesn't get oily. I have pimples and i can say that sometimes one layer of this foundation would not have the full coverage for all the pimples, but the way my skin looks like after applying it is totally satisfying. I usually apply a little bit of Clarins concealer under my eyes after this foundation. I will buy this foundation again.

on 8/22/2014 4:15:00 PM

I really don't understand the bad reviews on this foundation. I actually LOVE this foundation. I was searching for the perfect foundation for months, I used a lot of brands but never found something I was satisfied with until I discoverd the Matte Fluid Foundation from Yves Rocher. The first time I used this foundation I fell in love with it, finally my search for a great foundation was over.I love the matt finish, I use the elf mineral primer underneath the foundation and the mineral sheer powder from elf on top of the foundation and the foundation stays in place all day. I have a very oily t-zone but my oily t-zone doesn't shine through when I use this foundation. And this foundation doesn't break me out either. I actually love the coverage. I don't have acne or anything my skin is actually pretty clear but I do have a few blemishes here and there but this foundation covers it all. I dont agree with the people who say it is like a tinted moisturizer. I have a tinted moisturizer and when I compare the coverage with this foundation, the foundation covers a lot more. I love the matte fluid foundation from yves rocher! I'm won't use anything else from now on.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Color selection is rather poor. 200 was a bit too dark for me (am between NC25 to 30), but 100 was way too pale. It is not very lasting, 3 hours into it, it is sliding off my oily T zone (even with primer), coverage is also rather weak. It is however quite comfortable to wear and it did not break me out. Blends quite easy. It is ok for casual days when I just need to look plain decent when going out for a few hours (like to get groceries). Will not rebuy though.

on 6/8/2011 6:43:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I basically agree with the opinion that it's more like a tinted moisturizer than a mattifying foundation. I also like the smell, it doesn't smell like other drugstore foundation. But I have combo skin, so the most important fequirement from the make-up for me is if it dry out my skin and how it control oil. And this one doesn't very well. I absolutely wouldn't recommend it to the ladies with oily skin. It's just a fine product.

on 2/7/2011 8:06:00 PM

I bought this and so far for $15 its lasted me two months. Really good stuff, its natural and gives medium but i wouldnt say full coverage. This foundation smells good too. Im an nc35/40 and i wear this in beige200 which is a yellow undertone and NOT PINK OR ORANGE! love this stuff...keeps me mattified for long (as long as i wear my hourglass primer) and my skin is super oily. i didnt give it 5 lippies because it doesnt give full coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Despite the negative review, I found it damn great. Light coverage, even out your skin, very matte an feel like that I wear nothing. I am asian and light golden tone and the rose 100 matches completely with my skin tone. It's true that it cannot control your oiliness after about 4-5 hours but I don't expect any liquid foundation can control your oiliness.

Don't expect it can cover well if you have severe acne or blemishes. Actually the foundation make me feel like a BB cream with a little bit skincare formula.

The only thing I hate about it is the packaging. I prefer the pump bottle.

on 11/27/2010 12:46:00 PM

I got a tester of this foundation. For a random sample, the color was pretty good. I like the consistency of it too. I have combination skin - oily T-Zone and dry cheeks. The foundation works fine in my T-Zone but not on my cheeks since they tend to be flaky and I don't exfoliate often due to their sensitivity. Emphasizing my dry skin effect is somewhat lessened by tapping the foundation with my fingertips onto the checks instead of applying with a brush or just smearing on. Coverage is good under the eyes and didn't exagerate any wrinkles there. My skin wasn't overly oily at the end of the test day but that's not a concern for me. I do like the finish of a flat (matte) foundation so that's why I choose those finishes sometimes to use in my T-Zone.

Since it's not a foundation that can be used all over my face, I have to rate it a 2-3. For my T-Zone a 3-4. But normal priced at $20, I can find something in the drugstore to do the same job for less. And even on sale, not worth it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Light coverage, scented (the smell is quite good actually, just not for people who don't like scented foundation), and the shade selection is quite good as well. I just made the mistake of buying a shade that was slightly too dark, so...overall it works more like a tinted moisturizer, and as for the mattifying effect, it's just alright.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This stuff mattifies but only for a little while. It's doesn't control the oilies. IMO revlon colorstay is better and it costs pretty much the same price. This stuff is good for people with normal to dry skin, I'd imagine, but it doesn't do enough for oily ladies to qualify as a truly mattifying foundation. FYI I used an anti-shine primer under this and it still didn't work.