4.3

Castor Sugar, Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Vanilla Extract (Vanilla planifolia), Tagetes Oil (Tagetes minuta), Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), Limonene, Flavour. . . CASTOR SUGAR is very fine grain granulated sugar. . . This product contains NO Castor Oil.

on 11/12/2016 9:56:00 AM

This is the first physical lip scrub I have ever tried and must say I am not particularly impressed. I generally use the exfoliant Wasser Hi-Functional Gel from the Japanese brand Sasaki, which uses all natural products to chemically remove dead skin cells. Wasser is simply amazing, I have discovered this 10 years ago, when it was first launched and I`ve never switched to anything else since, it is that good. First off, it sloughs off dead skin and impurities so well, but without irritation or tightness, and my serum and oils just sink right into the skin after I use it. It is so gentle that you can use it for your lips, too, and it does a far superior job to Mint Julips. Mint Julips is just sugar granules with peppermint oil. While I enjoy the smell of peppermint and it does exfoliate, it also dries my lips and is pretty rough. I don`t use it so often, just sometimes in the mornings when I decide to wear a matte lip. It`s pretty messy to use, too, as the sugar crumbles all over. I will not repurchase.

UPDATE: I`ve had to stop using this as my lips have never looked worse. I only use it twice a week and scrub gently but my lips just seem to be getting drier and drier (I do apply balm after exfoliating) like never before. I even got a giant sore on my upper lip. I think these kinds of physical scrubs are not the most hygienic option for exfoliation, and they make small cuts in your lips that allow bacteria and grime to slip in.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

This is one of my favourite lip products. I really like the flavour and the minty scent which isn't overpowering. The consistency isn't oily and thick, but it's really loose and easy for removal unlike Fresh Sugar Lip Polish. This product left my lips really soft, but it also dries out my lips. I suggest scrubbing about 1-2 times every week, and again, it depends on your region as I live in a fairly hot country. Overall, this product is good, but not great. To be fair, the price is pretty high for a really simple product, but yeah, I might consider buying this again.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This does the job to exfoliate lips. But it gives a oily film after exfoliation, which do not like. Since its a pot of coarse sugar labelled as lip scrub, refrigeration is needed in warm weather. I had the popcorn flavor before this, & I prefer this much much more, as it gives a slight minty cooling sensation & it is not as oily as the popcorn flavor.

on 5/29/2016 2:26:00 PM

A really effective lip scrub that gets all the dead skin off my lips off but it can get quite messy and you'll end up wasting some product. However, it didn't last very long for me because I ate mine. It tasted really good, I couldn't help myself.

This product can also be easily made with sugar and jojoba oil plus vanilla extract and food colouring so I don't think it's worth $10.

on 4/17/2016 5:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Bough this a long time ago, still has a lot of the product left. It works wonders on dry, chapped winter-lips. It's a must for me to use this before I put on a more bold or heavy lipstick.

The formula is kind of oily, which really smoothes the lip before applying more makeup. It says on the packaging that you can eat the product, which is kind of nasty, but a very efficient way to do it. And the minty one tastes very good... so... yeah. You might find yourself eating it instead of using it on your lips.

The consistency of the product is perfect for it's purpose.

The only downside about this lipscrub is actually the packaging. I don't think it's completely sealed, because when I brought it with me the lid became all oily on the outside. Not good. So I don't carry it with me anymore, and the problem is gone.

on 3/28/2016 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I wish I liked this more. It's literally just sugar in a jar. There needs to be a base because it just goes everywhere. It would be so much better in a balm so that it doesn't just fall off my lips when I use it. I put on my Fresh sugar lip treatment, then this and it works ok. I have super-duper crusties and I have to use this every day or I can forget about wearing a matte lip. I don't always have time to use it in the morning, so it's kind of a (first world) problem.

The smell and taste is good. I won't repurchase, though. There has to be something better out there.

I also have a HUGE issue with Lush's packaging, and it's true for all of their products. The screw tops on the jars get SO messy. The products just end up getting all in the threading and it's irritating. Not enough to get me to stop using them, tho.

on 2/13/2016 10:16:00 AM

I was sceptical about this little tiny jar at first. I had been eyeing it in lush for a while because it was $10 and the pot is so little. I finally decided to treat myself a splurge on this product and I'm happy that I don't regret it. It's the only lip scrub Lush makes that actually smells good. All the others smell quite sickly and I don't like them at all. This lip scrub smells heavenly and I was surprised at how good it tastes too. It does make my lips smooth, but it must be something you have to use daily because it doesn't keep them smooth for longer than a day but it's not like it's a lip balm or anything.

This could be an absolute coincidence but I have angular cheilitis which causes both corners of my lips to be a bit dry and flaky. I rubbed some of this lip scrub in the corners when there was no active split, and the next day there were new splits where I had rubbed the product. This has happened twice now. It was silly of me to rub such a coarse product onto a sensitive area that's not in good shape to begin with but still beware that this lip scrub should be used on healthy lips and only if you just need to make them a bit smoother for lipstick or something. Not for dry sensitive chapped lips that are in need of repair.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It does exactly what it's supposed to do. It tastes good and it smells good. It reminds me of a York Pattie. Just lick your lips, apply some to your index finger, rub it on your lips, and lick off the remaining product. The container is small, but it should last a loooong time. I got this as a gift, but I probably won't buy a second one because scrubbing my lips with a toothbrush is more effective.

By the way, I've used this on my face and it's never felt so soft. I just mixed it with a drop of cleanser and rubbed it all over my face.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Love lush lip scrubs and all there different flavors.
Mint julips is a very refreshing and makes my lips incredibly soft as well as making my breath a little more fresh. The product lasts ages as well I use mine daily and have done so for 6 months + and it still has product left in the jar.

on 11/9/2015 5:30:00 PM

I've already repurchased this lip scrub several times and will continue to do so. It leaves my lips feeling baby soft, and it tastes good too! What more can I ask for?

Popular Lip Treatments