Kirk's Original Coco Castile Soap

Kirk's Original Coco Castile Soap

Coconut soap, water, coconut oil, vegetable glycerin

on 3/11/2018 3:16:00 PM

Yes, this soap definitely does burn your lady parts, however, I always scrubbed thoroughly with it and washed it off immediately to avoid that burn, and after a few uses, it stopped burning anyway.

I have been using this soap for probably a year at least now, and I am very pleased with it. I'm a natural woman, and I don't believe in smelling like ten different kinds of flower. This soap has a nice, clean smell that doesn't overpower my nose, and the soap itself is gentle on my sensitive Irish skin.

The price is very affordable, especially compared to the expensive soaps I used to use. I am glad to be switching to natural products. I just wish I could find a natural deodorant that actually worked.

on 6/9/2017 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I loved that this soap cheap and did not irritate my eczema. Used it all winter and did not have any major eczema flare ups.

*****How ever if this soap gets anywhere near your lady parts it will BURN like the devil! on my last bar and now look for a new soap to use.

on 3/26/2017 8:50:00 AM

Stocked up. First time trying and so far a little dryness on my face but it cleanses well lathers superbly and is just pure and that's what i like most. I also bought the ones with aloe but havent tried them yet so ill update then but as far as the original kirks castile for the face it has reduced my acne scars within about a week and a half.

I wanted to love this, I did. A simple, uncomplicated soap to get me clean and fresh. It did that *but* it burned my *ahem* nether region so badly like no other products has ever done. Had to stop using it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This soap is awesome. I found a pack of three bars at the dollar store for three bucks. It is an incredibly safe and natural product, so you don't have to worry about nasty chemicals. It lathers up really nicely in the shower, and it has an extremely refreshing and clean scent. It smells exactly like a bar of soap should. :-) This may be TMI but I've felt like I am a little smellier than normal lately since I switched to all natural products… I can't seem to find an all natural deodorant that works. However, when I use this product, I noticed that the BO is kept at bay. It's sort of functions like a deodorant soap, at least for me.

This stuff is great it makes my skin really soft, lathers great. I've had a lot of issues with cleansers making me itchy but this is great, moisturizing, and rinses clean! Love this.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Great body soap.... Smelled like Ivory and no trace of coconut. Only one problem, made my vag burn like hell!!

on 4/22/2014 6:11:00 PM

I chose Kirks due to it being fragrance free, upon it's first use on my face the rich lather was evident however the burning sensation was too much for me so I stopped using it on my face. I believe this is due to the Lye ingredient it may contain, I will continue to use the bars I purchased on the body as I feel it cleans off the deodorant soap I use normally. Rather inexpensive for a fragrance free soap. I will give it 3 stars.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

We love the fragrance free version of this soap, always have it on hand and apparently it is a very popular product as the price has doubled in the last year or so. This is mild, effective no irritating and what soap used to be before the current over scent everything fad.

on 4/4/2014 11:40:00 PM

I love this soap as an every day body cleanser, I even use it to shave. I love oil and glycerin based soaps, I feel they moisturize much better than most name brand moisturizing soaps like Dove and Olay, and are more gentle, and can create a good protecting lather to shave. Kirk's is an inexpensive and readily available option that I can get at Walmart for less than 1$ a bar. It is also very basic with no fragrance, which is a plus for me. I really do like this soap, however, I would never use it on my face, and I also use a feminine ph-balanced wash for my lady parts rather than this.