Kirk's Original Coco Castile Soap

Kirk's Original Coco Castile Soap

3.9

Coconut soap, water, coconut oil, vegetable glycerin

on 6/9/2017 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I loved that this soap cheap and did not irritate my eczema. Used it all winter and did not have any major eczema flare ups.

*****How ever if this soap gets anywhere near your lady parts it will BURN like the devil! on my last bar and now look for a new soap to use.

on 3/26/2017 8:50:00 AM

Stocked up. First time trying and so far a little dryness on my face but it cleanses well lathers superbly and is just pure and that's what i like most. I also bought the ones with aloe but havent tried them yet so ill update then but as far as the original kirks castile for the face it has reduced my acne scars within about a week and a half.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This soap is awesome. I found a pack of three bars at the dollar store for three bucks. It is an incredibly safe and natural product, so you don't have to worry about nasty chemicals. It lathers up really nicely in the shower, and it has an extremely refreshing and clean scent. It smells exactly like a bar of soap should. :-) This may be TMI but I've felt like I am a little smellier than normal lately since I switched to all natural products… I can't seem to find an all natural deodorant that works. However, when I use this product, I noticed that the BO is kept at bay. It's sort of functions like a deodorant soap, at least for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Great body soap.... Smelled like Ivory and no trace of coconut. Only one problem, made my vag burn like hell!!

I wanted to love this, I did. A simple, uncomplicated soap to get me clean and fresh. It did that *but* it burned my *ahem* nether region so badly like no other products has ever done. Had to stop using it.

This stuff is great it makes my skin really soft, lathers great. I've had a lot of issues with cleansers making me itchy but this is great, moisturizing, and rinses clean! Love this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

We love the fragrance free version of this soap, always have it on hand and apparently it is a very popular product as the price has doubled in the last year or so. This is mild, effective no irritating and what soap used to be before the current over scent everything fad.

on 4/4/2014 11:40:00 PM

I love this soap as an every day body cleanser, I even use it to shave. I love oil and glycerin based soaps, I feel they moisturize much better than most name brand moisturizing soaps like Dove and Olay, and are more gentle, and can create a good protecting lather to shave. Kirk's is an inexpensive and readily available option that I can get at Walmart for less than 1$ a bar. It is also very basic with no fragrance, which is a plus for me. I really do like this soap, however, I would never use it on my face, and I also use a feminine ph-balanced wash for my lady parts rather than this.

on 11/14/2012 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I have used about 4 bars of Krik's Original Coco Castile - fragrance free soap. I have to tell you the lather is so rich and soft, it sucks you in. You feel like you are pampering and cleansing yourself with something natural and special. It really does rinse clean. We also noticed the strange sensation when the suds got around our noses when washing our faces. For lack of a better description, it was like the suds were somehow getting through to our sinus passage. Very strange light suffocating, allergy feeling. So we stopped using it on our faces immediately, and should have discontinued use right then. But again, that lather and clean supple feeling kept us addicted for a while longer.

UNFORTUNATELY, after a trip to my dr's office about 2 weeks ago, I learned that this special, natural soap is the cause of our red, burning skin, My chest, neck, inner thighs, and "bottom." My boyfriend as well - the unmentionables. NOT GOOD - VERY UNCOMFORTABLE!

If you are sensitive to glycerin or vegetable glycerin there is the problem. The formula was modified. There is more vegetable glycerin and less of the coconut oil. We, like others, noticed the order switch in the ingredients on the package. It may be cheaper for companies to make it this way for mass production since it sells. Bummer! Anyway, I had to use a steroidal cream for a bit over a week- three times a day to relieve the constant itch, burn and rash that was associated with using this soap. It spread with scratching. Important: I also learned, through research of my own, that if you have allergies or sensitivity to some or all of the following as I am, then you should avoid this soap and similar products like "the plague:" fragrant plants/flowers, sulfites (like in red wine, some meds.), peanuts, palm or coconut oils. And if you never used like products before you may not know that you had this sensitivity. Check LIVESTRONG for more information on vegetable glycerin sensitivity, etc. I hope this review, while long, was very helpful.

on 4/22/2014 6:11:00 PM

I chose Kirks due to it being fragrance free, upon it's first use on my face the rich lather was evident however the burning sensation was too much for me so I stopped using it on my face. I believe this is due to the Lye ingredient it may contain, I will continue to use the bars I purchased on the body as I feel it cleans off the deodorant soap I use normally. Rather inexpensive for a fragrance free soap. I will give it 3 stars.