Orly Cotton Candy

Cotton CandyCotton Candy

2.7

on 3/18/2012 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I applied this yesterday over my base coat at was left with a streaky thick mess. Even with 2 coats and 3 on some nails, there are still visible spots where the polish doesn't settle. It's a shame because I love the color, and the brand, just not the results from this polish.

on 3/7/2012 5:24:00 PM

I picked up the entire set of these pastel polishes recently, and Cotton Candy is the first I've worn. It literally took me five tries to get even coats. It kept mucking up, so I had to keep removing it & reapplying it.

Eventually I nailed it though, and it's a really gorgeous colour. Doesn't work 100% with my fair skin tone, but I love it regardless. I just wish it applied better, almost seems a bit too thick, and trying to apply it in thinner coats doesn't work at all. I'd rather a thin polish that needs to be applied in 3 coats, than a thick polish that only takes 2. But that's just me.

I was lucky & got it on sale, but even so, Orly products are a great price.

I used seche vite over top, and it's really nice. Perfect pink summer shade.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I bought this, and I give one lippie for the color, but this was the first orly nailpolsh i had ever bought. The quality for being a salon polish was terrible. The color had worn down and chipped by the end of the first day! My OPI or Illamasqua polishes would never do that to me. While im sad cuz the color is so beautiful, this will be going back and i will search for a dupe from OPI.