Orly Cotton Candy

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Orly Cotton Candy
Cotton CandyCotton Candy

3.6

A pretty peachy pink color, quite bright, so it is more suitable for summer. Looks very pretty of tanned skin. Might look to neony if you are planning to have something neutral.
The nail polish provides quite a high level of opacity, yet I noticed that it is applied unevenly. It is starting to chip quite soon too.

on 4/30/2013 3:08:00 PM

Really cute color. matte bright peachy pink. However this started chipping on me after two days. No base coat, 2 coats NP, 1 coat revlon no chip top coat. I returned it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Not sure if I like this color /: On me, it looks very bright and almost neon pink.. still pretty but it can look harsh in certain lighting. Might return it back if I decide it is not flattering on me. However, I do love the formula the orly nail polishes! They are so fabulous. One of the few polishes that don't take forever to dry or smear easily after applying. I think I like it more than OPI & OPI was my favorite brand. I didn't find a problem with it streaking. I went to cosmetology school & one of the things that they taught us in nail classes was to "roll the ball" meaning, leave a little extra polish on the tip of the brush so it applies more smoothly & evenly. You sorta have to get the right touch & know how to work with it. Kinda like when working with the acrylic & monomer. I found that I had to do that a lot more with this product, but when I apply the second coat no problems at all & the second coat will cover any spots that might be showing.

on 3/7/2012 5:24:00 PM

I picked up the entire set of these pastel polishes recently, and Cotton Candy is the first I've worn. It literally took me five tries to get even coats. It kept mucking up, so I had to keep removing it & reapplying it.

Eventually I nailed it though, and it's a really gorgeous colour. Doesn't work 100% with my fair skin tone, but I love it regardless. I just wish it applied better, almost seems a bit too thick, and trying to apply it in thinner coats doesn't work at all. I'd rather a thin polish that needs to be applied in 3 coats, than a thick polish that only takes 2. But that's just me.

I was lucky & got it on sale, but even so, Orly products are a great price.

I used seche vite over top, and it's really nice. Perfect pink summer shade.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this color by FAR one of my favorites. It is a pink that has a peachy shade to it. It is so unique which is why I love it soo much! It flatters my skintone so well. A lot of people complained about application being a problem. I did two coats and didn't have any problems it might have streaked on one or two nails but it's a pastely shade and that is typical with them. This was my first Orly polish which I bought a week ago and I now have bought 3 other colors and plan on buying more. I think it's great quality. This polish has the best top I have ever used I really didn't think a top would make that much difference, but you can grip it good for better application. I hope that Orly keeps this color permanently because I definitely plan on repurchasing.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this colour, but sadly when I wear it, it looks cheap. I applied it last night and a day later, it's already chipped on three of my nails. The colour clashes with my fair skin too, but for the price ($8AUD) I still think it's pretty good. Maybe it would look better on my toes...

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love, love, love this color! This is a perfect medium coral-pink creme from the 2010, Sweet Spring II Collection. I am super-pale and usually shy from coral, as it doesn't flatter my skintone. This color is just blue-based enough to actually wearable.

It almost teeters slightly on the fluorescent side as well. This would actually be a great universal color to compliment ALL skintones. Cool or warm, light to very dark. I think it would look great on everyone. :)

Popular Polishes