Orly Cotton Candy

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Orly Cotton Candy
Cotton CandyCotton Candy

3.7

A pretty peachy pink color, quite bright, so it is more suitable for summer. Looks very pretty of tanned skin. Might look to neony if you are planning to have something neutral.
The nail polish provides quite a high level of opacity, yet I noticed that it is applied unevenly. It is starting to chip quite soon too.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Not sure if I like this color /: On me, it looks very bright and almost neon pink.. still pretty but it can look harsh in certain lighting. Might return it back if I decide it is not flattering on me. However, I do love the formula the orly nail polishes! They are so fabulous. One of the few polishes that don't take forever to dry or smear easily after applying. I think I like it more than OPI & OPI was my favorite brand. I didn't find a problem with it streaking. I went to cosmetology school & one of the things that they taught us in nail classes was to "roll the ball" meaning, leave a little extra polish on the tip of the brush so it applies more smoothly & evenly. You sorta have to get the right touch & know how to work with it. Kinda like when working with the acrylic & monomer. I found that I had to do that a lot more with this product, but when I apply the second coat no problems at all & the second coat will cover any spots that might be showing.

on 4/19/2012 10:18:00 PM

I love this color, i just dont really like the application of this polish. Its a very nice peachy pink and very nice in the summer with or without a tan. It glows on my toes. This is a thick but streaky polish. So let each layer dry before applying the next coat. Took my 3-4 coats which is a pain. The color is worth the extra effort though.

on 3/7/2012 5:24:00 PM

I picked up the entire set of these pastel polishes recently, and Cotton Candy is the first I've worn. It literally took me five tries to get even coats. It kept mucking up, so I had to keep removing it & reapplying it.

Eventually I nailed it though, and it's a really gorgeous colour. Doesn't work 100% with my fair skin tone, but I love it regardless. I just wish it applied better, almost seems a bit too thick, and trying to apply it in thinner coats doesn't work at all. I'd rather a thin polish that needs to be applied in 3 coats, than a thick polish that only takes 2. But that's just me.

I was lucky & got it on sale, but even so, Orly products are a great price.

I used seche vite over top, and it's really nice. Perfect pink summer shade.

on 7/20/2011 11:29:00 PM

I LOVEEEE this nail polish. This is probably the second nail polish I've ever used in my life that I've worn week after week..I get compliments on it all the time-- even from guys, who usually never notice that type of thing. I'm an NC25 usually, right now I'm pretty tan, so probably an NC35? either way, I bought this back in April? and I've used it non-stop. It's such a gorgeous pink color, it makes your skin look great..tanner, fresher and so on. I'm pretty sure I paid full price for this, but that's okay considering how much I wear it. It's easy to apply, 2 coats normally does the job for me, and it stays put for quite some time. I don't mind the packaging either, I actually like the rubberized top, it helps you grip while you're applying. I would definitely repurchase this.

on 5/20/2011 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This shade is from their Sweet Collection. It is the perfect milky pastel pink for me, but it also applied badly and was hard to layer coats without getting horrible streaks. This pink has some peachy hues to it as well which makes it quite unique too. A bit disappointed really because I generally like Orly polishes.

on 7/9/2010 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really really pretty!
The review above is pretty accurate in the color!
It works really well on my NC25 skintone!
The first bright nailpolish I felt looked good on my nails aswell as my toes!
A teensy bit hard to apply though streaks minimally.
But comes with adorable lipgloss!

Popular Polishes