Orly Cotton Candy

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Orly Cotton Candy
Cotton CandyCotton Candy

on 3/7/2012 5:24:00 PM

I picked up the entire set of these pastel polishes recently, and Cotton Candy is the first I've worn. It literally took me five tries to get even coats. It kept mucking up, so I had to keep removing it & reapplying it.

Eventually I nailed it though, and it's a really gorgeous colour. Doesn't work 100% with my fair skin tone, but I love it regardless. I just wish it applied better, almost seems a bit too thick, and trying to apply it in thinner coats doesn't work at all. I'd rather a thin polish that needs to be applied in 3 coats, than a thick polish that only takes 2. But that's just me.

I was lucky & got it on sale, but even so, Orly products are a great price.

I used seche vite over top, and it's really nice. Perfect pink summer shade.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this colour, but sadly when I wear it, it looks cheap. I applied it last night and a day later, it's already chipped on three of my nails. The colour clashes with my fair skin too, but for the price ($8AUD) I still think it's pretty good. Maybe it would look better on my toes...

on 7/20/2011 11:29:00 PM

I LOVEEEE this nail polish. This is probably the second nail polish I've ever used in my life that I've worn week after week..I get compliments on it all the time-- even from guys, who usually never notice that type of thing. I'm an NC25 usually, right now I'm pretty tan, so probably an NC35? either way, I bought this back in April? and I've used it non-stop. It's such a gorgeous pink color, it makes your skin look great..tanner, fresher and so on. I'm pretty sure I paid full price for this, but that's okay considering how much I wear it. It's easy to apply, 2 coats normally does the job for me, and it stays put for quite some time. I don't mind the packaging either, I actually like the rubberized top, it helps you grip while you're applying. I would definitely repurchase this.

on 7/13/2011 9:15:00 PM

I have had my eye on some of the Sweet Collection polishes for a while now. Today I went out and picked up Cotton Candy, a light pink coral. This is a very beautiful color that was difficult to resist. It looks even better on! The application is a total drag, as it is streaky; however, I've found that applying very thin coats, the end result looks much better and you can't tell it was ever streaky. I knocked off one lippie for the application and the color is pretty enough to pick up the slack. I would definitely repurchase this.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love, love, love this color! This is a perfect medium coral-pink creme from the 2010, Sweet Spring II Collection. I am super-pale and usually shy from coral, as it doesn't flatter my skintone. This color is just blue-based enough to actually wearable.

It almost teeters slightly on the fluorescent side as well. This would actually be a great universal color to compliment ALL skintones. Cool or warm, light to very dark. I think it would look great on everyone. :)

A pretty peachy pink color, quite bright, so it is more suitable for summer. Looks very pretty of tanned skin. Might look to neony if you are planning to have something neutral.
The nail polish provides quite a high level of opacity, yet I noticed that it is applied unevenly. It is starting to chip quite soon too.

on 4/19/2012 10:18:00 PM

I love this color, i just dont really like the application of this polish. Its a very nice peachy pink and very nice in the summer with or without a tan. It glows on my toes. This is a thick but streaky polish. So let each layer dry before applying the next coat. Took my 3-4 coats which is a pain. The color is worth the extra effort though.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this color by FAR one of my favorites. It is a pink that has a peachy shade to it. It is so unique which is why I love it soo much! It flatters my skintone so well. A lot of people complained about application being a problem. I did two coats and didn't have any problems it might have streaked on one or two nails but it's a pastely shade and that is typical with them. This was my first Orly polish which I bought a week ago and I now have bought 3 other colors and plan on buying more. I think it's great quality. This polish has the best top I have ever used I really didn't think a top would make that much difference, but you can grip it good for better application. I hope that Orly keeps this color permanently because I definitely plan on repurchasing.

on 7/9/2010 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really really pretty!
The review above is pretty accurate in the color!
It works really well on my NC25 skintone!
The first bright nailpolish I felt looked good on my nails aswell as my toes!
A teensy bit hard to apply though streaks minimally.
But comes with adorable lipgloss!

Popular Polishes